Seems like Jagged Alliance is finnally back...

I stoped counting how many times some company wanted to give the world a new Jagged Alliance. That franchise is doomed. And I am a die hard JA fan.

From what i read :
- Kickstarter + Early Access with feedback.
- Turn-based combat
- Squad/conquest management
- Some quest/rpg elements
- Mercenaries with personality.
- Mercenaries from previous games (with same portrait)
- Set before JA 1
- Humor
- You will make you character with a survey (like JA2)
- The develloper call themselves "Full Control"
- There is one member from the JA2 dev team, and two JA modders involved.

Why develop a new game that looks like ass and has probably a lot less feautures than the old game when you can simply play Jagged Alliance 2 with the 1.13 patch?

Dunno how it will end up, but it is really early beta. It just open to players since a few days and currently have like one map & two characters with an unfinished combat system. It seems too early for me to say there will be less content or shitty graphics. (although it could be, but we don't know yet)

Also, there is the fact that you expand the story, play new mission, and attract new player in the franchise, without changing the formula. (contrary to Back In Action)

I liked Back in Action. The levels had good detail. And they patched the game in earnest and listened to the community about gameplay issues that got resolved.
This looks better if only because it's going to be turn based again. The screenshots aren't matching BiA's fidelity but it's pretty damn close and there is still development to be done. I'm hopeful for this one.

Is it too late for me to try out JA2? Has it aged as well as say...Fallout 2?

Flashback looks good. It shows quite some promise. Especially because apparently it is very modder-friendly.

It is not only the turn-based (which matters), but also the humor, the RPG elements, the bickering between mercenaries, the money management, the defense of the territories you have. Jagged Alliance is a mix of many elements that worked great together, and that only have a few comparisons.

PS: I am also in love with late sprites graphics. 3D is just easier to work with, which means less time lost for this, and more to add contents.

Last edited:
Guess I'll take the plunge. SO download the patch and...any interesting mods? Comparable to the Fallout Restoration Patch? I see Jagged Alliance 2 Gold. Hmmm..

Last edited by a moderator:
Personnally i own JA2 and played many times. I also got JA1.
But i got the feeling that Unfinished Business, Deadly games, crossfire/wildfire and secondary games are a let down, only focusing on combat.

Last edited:
It's a great game unmodded. (JA2) I would play that before getting the 1.13 mod. 1.13 adds a ton of things that might seem overwhelming to someone first playing the game.

Guess I'll take the plunge. SO download the patch and...any interesting mods? Comparable to the Fallout Restoration Patch? I see Jagged Alliance 2 Gold. Hmmm..
There are so many different mods it can be overwhelming at first, but the fan-made 1.13 patch is the big one. You should be able to find all the info you need over at Bear's Pit:

http://www.bears-pit.com/board/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary.html

Don't forget that JA2 1.13 is highly customizable through xna files, you can edit many variables. For a first time player I'd advice newcomes to simply play the original game /w patches though.

Back