Should Rename Fallout 3 => Fallout Tactics 2: 1 Man Squad

ShatteredJon said:
I can shit in a can and sell it. If 1 million people buy my shit in a can (TM)

How much is a SiC (shit in a can)™ and will there be a limited edition boxed set...

I figure it might be more worthwhile buying SiC™ than FO:3

HAHA! I love you Joe. (figurtively of course)

SiC(tm) will be releasing screenshots soon. No, there will not be a collectors version, but if you fork out twenty extra dollars you will get Piss in a Jar(tm) as well. So your looking at around 65.95 for just SiC(tm)

I'm using all my networking and social skills to make sure there will no review less than an 8/10 for my product.

My team is currently working on its next product, Pubes in a Box (tm) so stay tuned for more exciting products from the Mega-Awesomeness line!

Good idea! But to trick....errr... convince people to buy it, I will use a colored can instead of just a plain tin one.

It doesn't matter if SiC(tm) is bad because the modders will take it to new and unexpected places.

ShatteredJon said:
That's not going to happen Per, cause I will not release a modder kit.

You're just afraid it would be better than your downloadable content.

What!!? No, my SiC is the quintisential bottom line when it comes to complete and gratifying products. I challenge all the hackers out there to try and make my Shit in a Can better. Just wait, I plan to start Shit in a Can 2. With a bigger can, and even more shit!

ShatteredJon said:
Sales numbers don't lie? Ever think of the fact that the this generation was raised on crappy games? My cousin thinks Halo is a godsend, and that Mass Effect is the pinnacle of roleplaying games. He won't touch the old fallouts and nothing I say could convince him. This game appeals to the brainless masses and that is fact. I haven't played a thought provoking game in a long long time. Everything made nowadays is dumbed down because all of a sudden, video games receive the same media movies do. Please, just name one RPG released in the last 3-4 years that made you think without being filled with OOoOO-AhhHhh gimmicks. I can shit in a can and sell it. If 1 million people buy my shit in a can (TM) does that make it good? Your logic is flawed.

God.. do I love Fallout 1, 2, Halo, & Mass Effect.LOFL your opinion isn't fact. But I get your point. Games seem to lack a certain element of complexity in favor of mass marketing. Games that used to come out on the PC exclusively now feature a console with a lead platform.

I do not recall stating it as fact. I was just making an observation based on a family member's rarely boring choice of "ultimate gaming." I'm glad you like those games, but me, personally, see them as dumbed down shiny versions of age old games that proved to be more fun, IMO, (in my opinion) than this new age teenage appealing garbage. But hey, to each his/her own eh?

EDIT: Whoah.. a 100 posts in under 48 hours. Do I get some sort of cool nifty reward? Per? Sander? awwww

ShatteredJon said:
I do not recall stating it as fact. I was just making an observation based on a family member's rarely boring choice of "ultimate gaming." I'm glad you like those games, but me, personally, see them as dumbed down shiny versions of age old games that proved to be more fun, IMO, (in my opinion) than this new age teenage appealing garbage. But hey, to each his/her own eh?

EDIT: Whoah.. a 100 posts in under 48 hours. Do I get some sort of cool nifty reward? Per? Sander? awwww

If you're not at work, then you get the - ' you need to be playing fallout 3 more than posting on nma today award' . and read my modifed post above this one, which i edited before you made this one.

As for calling mass effect and halo "dumbed down" ; i think you lack perspective. If anything, the console market has always been lacking up until the point when the Xbox released and games like Morrowind came out for it. If anything at all, the console market in general became a haven for more complex and interesting western themed titles. (like Mass Effect and Halo) The issue really is that Halo became bigger in multiplayer gaming than your typical pc games like quake, and the coveted pc rpgs had certain features cut to meet the demands of a console audience. The aforementioned titles may lack certain things that made your prototypical pc shooters and rpgs great but they certainly hold their own in the console arena. Its just this tredeoff between customization and ease of use, i suppose.

Thus PC gaming is on an extremely slow decline in some genres. Console gaming however, while certainly not as *awesome* as pc gaming , ever, has only improved. My opinion as a long time pc and console gamer thats played it all - And continues to play it all, on all platforms.

TBH, I have not seen XBOX contribute anything much new to gaming. Morrowind, BTW, was developed for PC first and then ported to XBOX shortly afterwards. It's just that on PC it was not as popular as, say, NWN, because it's worse in terms of roleplaying.

Halo is a generic FPS shooter. PC has many more like that, but sometimes better. And, nobody really knows or plays Halo much outside the US, so it really didn't as much "become bigger in multiplayer gaming". Walk into a gaming club anywhere in Europe, you're likely to find people playing anything from Lineage to Counter-Strike, but not Halo. It's just another well-marketed game. It is reasonably fun, though.

EDIT: In all honesty, consoles are a reason why I've been able to enjoy less and less Western games.

The Dutch Ghost said:
If anything at all, the console market in general became a haven for more complex and interesting western themed titles.

:rofl: Hahahaha

* sniff * Serious

In comparison to what was on it before. Obviously. you cant be that dense.

I own Mass Effect, and while its a fun game, its a sub-par RPG. I can't play Halo. After spending lots of time LAN-ing with Unreal Tournament, I just can't do online games. I have to be able to reach over and smack the person who headshot me. I grew up on old thought provoking games, (planescape, arcanum, basicly anything by BIS) and I guess I'm just too pessimistic when it comes to newer games. I mean, I didn't really like The Witcher that much, even though I've read several posts on here praising it. Your right about consoles becoming more and more the lead platform. I own a 360, but only ever buy games exclusive to it. If its on both Xbox and PC, I will pick up the PC copy.

Oh, and the beauty of owning your own business is, you can set your own hours. My wife is out of town till sunday, so I closed shop two days ago. Can't run it without her. Your right though, I should be playing Fallout 3. Yet, I find it more fun to converse with you guys than a digital Chuck Norris. So enjoy my company......damn it.

Hair6a11 said:
In comparison to what was on it before. Obviously. you cant be that dense.

First of all I am not dense.

Second, I have been with console gaming pretty much since the start, so I have seen its ups and downs.

What examples did you have in mind?

If anything these years, it seems to me that gaming is becoming more simpler in concept and execution these days.

Back