So Our Protagonist Is Over 200 Years Old

You're probably one of the sentient nukes that download itself into a human body to see if it did a bad thing. At the end of the game you either agree or disagree with the statement "Nuclear war is bad."

You're probably one of the sentient nukes that download itself into a human body to see if it did a bad thing. At the end of the game you either agree or disagree with the statement "Nuclear war is bad."
...WHAT!!?

Im sorry, but Bethesda isnt that stupid. They obviously know we are gonna predict such endings as the "you are an android" so they arent gonna do that.

Im sorry, but Bethesda isnt that stupid. They obviously know we are gonna predict such endings as the "you are an android" so they arent gonna do that.

I don't know, I think its plausible. How many of the new fans do you think know the ref, I am not certain that all people here who repeat it, read the book..

Bethesda played a "sacrifice yourself needlessly" ending completely straight. Yeah, they are pretty stupid.
That was 7 f***ing years ago. Which they fixed. Granted, you shoudlnt have had to buy a DLC to continue the game, but still, they fixed it.

I really dont see what the hate on Bethesda is for. If you hate them so much, why bother keeping up with the Fallout series? You know you are always gonna be disappointed because you expect it to still be an RPG, when in fact modern Fallout is a open world sandbox game that lets you play roles.

I really hate how cynicism got into this thread.

You sound like a Darkstar fan. We should hang out sometime.

Bethesda played a "sacrifice yourself needlessly" ending completely straight. Yeah, they are pretty stupid.
That was 7 f***ing years ago. Which they fixed. Granted, you shoudlnt have had to buy a DLC to continue the game, but still, they fixed it.

I really dont see what the hate on Bethesda is for. If you hate them so much, why bother keeping up with the Fallout series? You know you are always gonna be disappointed because you expect it to still be an RPG, when in fact modern Fallout is a open world sandbox game that lets you play roles.

Because Fallout wasn't invented by Bethesda.....

Do you like Resident Evil 6 btw?

Because Fallout wasn't invented by Bethesda.....

Do you like Resident Evil 6 btw?
...i never played the Resident Evil series.

And duh, of course it wasnt, but oh, do you remember what was the last "Fallout" game Interplay made? Because, as I recall, it was MUCH worse than Fallout 3, which I admit is not a very good game, but thats the thing: they will learn from their mistakes. Still, i am sick of all this negativity. If the game is bad, it will be bad. If its good, it will be good. You (and many others) may think that having such a negative outlook will shield you from disappointment if its bad, but it was also prevent you from enjoying the game if its good because its so ingrained into your mind that Bethesda is evil that them making a good Fallout game would be just incomprehensible.

New Vegas was very much in the spirit of the old Fallouts and we all hoped Bethesda would at least follow the example or for Obsidian to make a second game, but with how much they have changed the core design that seems more like a pipe dream. We can comment on how shitty the situation is as much as you can fanboy over it, get over yourself kid.

New Vegas was very much in the spirit of the old Fallouts and we all hoped Bethesda would at least follow the example or for Obsidian to make a second game, but with how much they have changed the core design that seems more like a pipe dream. We can comment on how shitty the situation is as much as you can fanboy over it, get over yourself kid.
Im not fanboying over it (did you not read where I admitted Fallout 3 was not that good of a game). Im being an optimist. We hardly know anything about the game. We dont know enough to make a real opinion on it. Just a trailer and a small bit of gameplay. Lets just wait a bit. Besides, there will probably be many threads about hating on Fallout 4. This thread is NOT one of them.

Now, can we get back on topic? I would like some actual genuine theories in this thread, not "Bethesda is dumb and will probably do androids or some abstract thing" theories. It doesnt matter what Bethesda will do, this thread is about posting theories about what you think caused the player to sleep 200 years without aging.

And we were theorizing about it, you just got mad because we also speculated Bethesda's brand of stupidity would make an innevitable return.

And we were theorizing about it, you just got mad because we also speculated Bethesda's brand of stupidity would make an innevitable return.
The theories didnt seem genuine. They seemed like jokes.

BTW, just because I dont agree with you and hate modern Fallout with a passion does not make me a kid or a fan boy.

Most of it is warranted. Even Broken Steel couldn't fix the shitty ending in Fallout 3, and people actually complained about New Vegas being too much of an RPG. :twitch:

No one here is expecting much from Bethesda anymore. They dumbed down Elder Scrolls and they are doing the same to Fallout. One could argue they made the games more accessible, but that only further proves the point. It's like making a fighting game more accessible by making the special moves executed with one button press.

Maybe that analogy doesn't work for some. I think it fits. They actually did just that for Marvel Vs Capcom 3 I believe.

The only saving grace is (again) mods, which I'll give them a huge pat on the back, and say good for them on the Xbone supporting them however limited they might be. No one should come here expecting mindless praise. We have deconstructed every single Fallout game released. This will be no exception. Granted some could be nicer about it.

Quit bickering dudes.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a solid (if not sure) bet the kid survives. Possibly your spouse, too, but almost certainly the kid. They probably wouldn't have gone to the trouble of generating it according to the genetics of the two customizable parents unless you were going to see it again. My guess is you get separated during the chaos and the kid either doesn't make it into the vault or ends up leaving before you. If you don't meet up again with the kid themself, you'll likely run into a descendant or two at some point and/or see some evidence of the life they lived.

200 years after the war? Darn it all bethesda, always borking things up with the timeline aren't you? It's fallout 3 all over again only you are the father looking for the kid this time i bet.

It's a solid (if not sure) bet the kid survives. Possibly your spouse, too, but almost certainly the kid. They probably wouldn't have gone to the trouble of generating it according to the genetics of the two customizable parents unless you were going to see it again. My guess is you get separated during the chaos and the kid either doesn't make it into the vault or ends up leaving before you. If you don't meet up again with the kid themself, you'll likely run into a descendant or two at some point and/or see some evidence of the life they lived.

200 years after the war? Darn it all bethesda, always borking things up with the timeline aren't you? It's fallout 3 all over again only you are the father looking for the kid this time i bet.
Um, no, it plainly says "You awaken as the SOLE SURVIVOR of Vault 111". Your spouse and child are D-E-A-D DEAD! There is no finding your child.

They also said you could climbevery mountain in Skyrim and that Fallout 3 was gonna have 300 endings so.....

They also said "we arent spoiling anything" so there probably is some gameplay between entering the vault and leaving the vault that wasnt shown that would show you what happened to your family and the rest of the vault.

Back