South Park: The Fractured But Whole

I should get around to play Stick of Truth. Had it for ages, but pretty much forgot about it. Since it was a success, why is it Obsidian isn't making the sequel? Any word on that?

Since Ubisoft bought the rights originally when THQ went under I think they just decided to keep it in house this time around instead of outsourcing it.

Eh, weren't the writers of South Park somehow involved in Stick of Truth's development? I'd say any success goes to them since the combat of SoT was nothing special, it was all in the writing.

Eh, weren't the writers of South Park somehow involved in Stick of Truth's development? I'd say any success goes to them since the combat of SoT was nothing special, it was all in the writing.
To be fair, the writing weren't that great either, they were essentially just rehashing a bunch of jokes they had already used in the show.

To be fair, the writing weren't that great either, they were essentially just rehashing a bunch of jokes they had already used in the show.
I didn't see any reused jokes except that one callback to a woodland critter Christmas. And that was a simple song.
Yep, Matt and trey were involved with the writing.

Obsidian deserves credit where it's due. They gave it an interesting turn-based combat system and it is widely heralded as the best South Park game ever made especially since there were so many attempts to make a South Park game before this that were not so good.

If Bethesda made this game Cartman would be giving you fetch quests for 40 hours and you'd be collecting garbage to craft some BS weapon with 40 adjectives in its name, and it wouldn't have anything to do with South Park. It would also cost $100 for the full game.

The combat was good, but that isn't what I remember from the Stick of Truth. Here's another video from E3 for anyone who didn't watch it.

My hope is that they got the fanservice love letter stuff out of the way so we can have something entirely new. I liked the stick of truth but 90 percent of it was references to the show. I'm glad they picked Coon and friends for this game, as Stone and Parker said they were not done with Mysteryon (sp?) stuff yet and hoping Kenny sheds some more light on his mysterious powers. Mint Berry Crunch better come back too. As for the gameplay shown I do not mind the new grid system at all. It looks fun. Though Stick of Truth was a fine RPGlite.

Back