Square Enix refuses to pay for stock photos

Dragula

Stormtrooper oTO
Orderite
The Crisis Core remaster just released and as noted by Kotaku, has the gettyimage logo watermarked on paintings in the game.

Damn they could have at least photoshopped it out. The texture artists must have been overworked as shit or just trolling on purpose.

Damn they could have at least photoshopped it out. The texture artists must have been overworked as shit or just trolling on purpose.
Right?! I mean how lazy are game devs nowdays?! I found it hilarious though. No QA whatsoever.

Didn't expect to see a story about Final Fantasy on this site. ;D Is Crisis Core post-apocalyptic? I mean, for all I know, it might be. And seriously though, I will read any kind of RPG news here, it doesn't matter. Just curious.

Didn't expect to see a story about Final Fantasy on this site. ;D Is Crisis Core post-apocalyptic? I mean, for all I know, it might be. And seriously though, I will read any kind of RPG news here, it doesn't matter. Just curious.
It was funny. That's the only criteria I had to post it.

This is not the first time something like this happened, developers copying and pasting assets from other sources.
But this happening under Square-Enix is surprising unless I have missed on earlier articles reporting similar behavior.
Could this be an indication how much the company is willing to invest in this project? Or just some developers who wanted to finish some background object quick and cheap?

This is how much "remaster" developers care about the originals.

They just put the least amount of effort and work into the remasters and then sell these abominations and people gobble them up. I don't think I ever saw a proper/quality remaster ever made.

I do mean remasters, not remakes, since a remake has a lot of "creative freedom" to totally mess up the game, so it becomes an abomination that usually has nothing to do with the originals anymore. Not saying that some remakes aren't good or fun games, just saying that they usually are very different games than the originals, but that is why they are remakes and not remasters.

This is how much "remaster" developers care about the originals.

They just put the least amount of effort and work into the remasters and then sell these abominations and people gobble them up. I don't think I ever saw a proper/quality remaster ever made.

I do mean remasters, not remakes, since a remake has a lot of "creative freedom" to totally mess up the game, so it becomes an abomination that usually has nothing to do with the originals anymore. Not saying that some remakes aren't good or fun games, just saying that they usually are very different games than the originals, but that is why they are remakes and not remasters.

Now I'm curious if there is a remake you think was good, and what it was. This isn't rhetorical, just wondering.

Back