STASIS release and Fallout 4 isometric style fanart

Kilus

Not Australian
Orderite
STASIS is a recently released isometric style point and click adventure game created by Chris Bischoff. Fallout was a big influence on Chris, even hiring Mark Morgan to create the soundtrack on STATIS, and as part of the game's promotion has produced a couple pieces of fanart showing what Fallout could look like today if the series was still in isometric style.

<center><iframe id="imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a/UJ8l3" src="http://imgur.com/a/UJ8l3/embed?pub=true&ref=about%3Ablank&w=540" scrolling="no" class="imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-UJ8l3-true-540" style="height: 500px; width: 540px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe><script async="" src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script></center>

IGN rated STATIS 9/10 and had this to say:

IGN said:
More than five years in the making, Stasis is an extraordinary testament to the ambition and genre genius of creator Chris Bischoff and his colleagues. It's more than just "good for an indie game", it's a mandatory experience for fans of sci-fi horror.

You can check out STATIS at GOG or Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/380150
https://www.gog.com/game/stasis

Last edited:
And built by a small team no less. It looks really creepy too, definitely buying this. Parts of FO1/2 freaked me out a little back in the day, and so does Torment - but this game is horrifying throughout from the sounds of it. It goes to show isometric is no limitation for immersion.

And his concept art showing what a 2D Fallout makes me sad :( - It looks amazing but just imagine what could have been. I don't get why Bethesda can't allow someone to also make a 2D Fallout concurrently with the license while they continue to make their 3D FPS version, but I imagine Emil would complain "Cuz, MUH LORE!"

22 AP? OP shit, he must be cheating.

Also, been playing the game a bit. Can recommend. 3spooky5u

Do stasis futures combat?
It's an adventure/puzzle game. No dialogue trees, combat or anything like that. Just walking around an abandoned space ship, picking up items, reading flavour text and figuring out how to progress through locked doors and murder traps. It's possible to die (game just reloads you to a nearby checkpoint), but not possible to get stuck due to missing items, so somewhere in the middle of Sierra and LucasArts when it comes to the adventure game giants. Seen it compared to Sanitarium too, but haven't played that myself (only read BN's LP a long time ago) and seem to remember there were dialogue trees and stuff in that.

It's also pretty damn good. Finished it this morning. Can recommend. Good puzzles, very pretty, great atmosphere.
If you like Alien/Event Horizon/The Thing/Cronenberg/etc and adventure games, it is well worth the entry fee.

Last edited:
Stasis looks great! IIRC this project was supported by famed crime lord Faran Brygo himself during their Kickstarter campaign.

His Fallout 4 fanart shows a Skilldex but doesn't have a button for it. He taking a shot at Bethesda there? :p

THinking about it, it would be awesome to see a new game with AAA quality but the gameplay of Jagged Alliance 2, the depth of Fallout1/Wasteland1, but with up to date ISO/Top-down graphic.

I really want to do one of those online petitions to have bethesda let these guys make a new fallout iso. This looks great and it makes me angry that it's not real.

I really want to do one of those online petitions to have bethesda let these guys make a new fallout iso. This looks great and it makes me angry that it's not real.

We [NMA] should make our own. The Fallout license is available to those who would mod FO4.

(I must say that it does look interesting that there seems to be script support for what the mouse cursor is hovering on in 3D space. :) )

There was a time when I tinkered around with doing this in FO3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wf_2V7wLkI

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not just the isometric, but the 2D part that really hits home for me. As much as I like Wasteland 2...

Glad to see a post on Stasis here. Still downloading it, myself. Not a huge fan of horror games but when the influences include both Fallout and Alien, I'm sold.

I immediately helped kickstart STATIS when I read about it, but I'm going to finish Satellite Reign first before getting started on it.

We [NMA] should make our own. The Fallout license is available to those who would mod FO4.

(I must say that it does look interesting that there seems to be script support for what the mouse cursor is hovering on in 3D space. :) )

There was a time when I tinkered around with doing this in FO3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wf_2V7wLkI

Total conversion mod would be an interesting idea. A kind of group mod project for the NMA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keys For Kickstarter Supporters?

Is this an Alpha - Beta, pledge more release?

Are they issuing keys for Kickstarter supporters?

I get / got no reply …. something about “manual issue” when registered.

Or, is this all for PR and the Dorito Eating Marketing Press.

Marketing Press first and KS supporters to the back of the bus, how professional!

Real life taste there … :)

4too

/////////////

Kickstarter Fatigue Syndrome

Started going through back KS updates and the Stasis forum, and may have missed a drop dead time limit on registering to multiple accounts, one for Stasis KS and one …. ?

No simple e-mail of key, authenticate your authentication!

Cross the eyes and dot the tees. ;)

Will only pursue this so far. Not the first DOA KS reward, not the last. Maybe my lack of PASSION means I am unworthy so SOL, my KS days are over ….. :(

4too-2

/////////////

Cargo Cult Baggage

Time is all that was needed. :hide:

My KEY has come in …. :aiee: ... pardon my drama ...:aiee:

4too-3

Last edited:
You were asked to pre-register about a trillion times via mail, 4too. :)
Of course, the problem is that you're already spammed with status updates, so it's easy to miss.

Either way, I just finished STATIS and I guess if you're a fast reader and rather hardcore at it, you can get through it in 5-7 hours. So I'd suggest you take it easy and enjoy the beautiful scenery and atmospheric music. And the gazillion ways to actively or passively kill yourself.

Back