Steam Winter Sales! Post about what you got!

D

Deleted member 93956

If you have bought something at the Sale, post a bit about it! You can reccomend too if it's well priced.

Myself, I'm getting:
The Long Dark: Still getting updates and a lot more to come, 9,99

Nuclear Throne if they lower the price tag

The Witcher 3, although I might not be amble to run it

Stellaris, but the DLC are not cheap, hmmm

Happy Gabenmas, everyone!

oK2sNp1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a single game from my WL that i really want got a good discount AND i just learned that i will get quite a lot less this month for some weird reason.. So i guess i will pass as i have done the last 4 sales or so.

Picked up Ori & The Blind Forest from my wishlist. It's been sitting there for quite some time. Now it gets to sit in my backlog category for a long time instead.

Think it's kinda funny that Fallout 4 is $10 cheaper than the Fallout 4 Season Pass when the reverse is the case without discounts. Not that I'm gonna buy either.
Also, buying Alien Isolation by itself costs more than buying it with all the dlc :lol: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/79549/

For recommendations, there's the following that should be in NMA's interest:

Age of Decadence 75% off at €7 and you can buy it with dungeon rats for just €11 for both. http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1824/
Underrail 50% off at €7. http://store.steampowered.com/app/250520/
Primordia is 80% off at just €2. (ok, it's an adventure game, but still post-apoc so technically kinda counts) http://store.steampowered.com/app/227000/

Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2 are on sale too I guess. Not particularly cheap though, and the above are better anyway. If you want to play those two in the next year, I think now's the time though. Stuff's often cheapest in the winter sale.

edit:
On a different note, this DoubleFine bundle is pretty damn cheap: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/957/
Dunno if it's really worth it to get them all though.
I can very much recommend Psychonauts and Stacking. Haven't played the two remasters, but I assume they're good. The originals were some of the greatest adventure games of all time.
Apart from that, Costume Quest and Brutal Legend are alright. Broken Age was pretty meh. Dunno about the rest. Might be worth buying the entire bundle just to get the really good ones, especially the soundtracks. Peter McConnell rules.

Last edited:
Well, I'm probably going to pick up Oblivion once I get some money.
I would have bought Skyrim as well, but it's cheaper to order a physical copy on Amazon.

Yeah I pretty much own the games I really really wanted and whatever is on my wishlist right now is basically games I 'might' get when I finally finish my backlog and out of those almost none of them got a good deal that makes my knees weak.

But whatever, let's go through the ones I have a mild interest in:

Shadowrun Hong Kong - I have yet to finish Returns or Dragonfall so what's the point in buying it? Just so I can own it? Nah. I'll buy it when I actually finish the previous games.

Metal Gear Solid V - I have never played an MGS game before and I heard that this game's story is unfinished so I'm not certain I want to spend 18 euro on it. To me it sounds like it is worth 8 bucks at most. But whatever, we'll see.

Dark Souls III - I loved Dark Souls 1 and I really enjoyed Dark Souls 2. However, I want to invest my money based on the whole experience and by the end of both of its predecessors the amount of shit that annoyed me had stacked up and started to grate on my patience. So is a game like that worth 30 bucks? No. no it is not. 20 is what it is worth to me. But whatever, I got 95 bucks in my steam wallet. If I really feel the itch for it and I have absolutely nothing else to buy I might just get it simply because I have nothing better to spend my money on.

And that's it. Those are the only games I have the faintest kind of interest in when it comes to the winter sale. And I doubt I'll cave in and buy either of them.

So this winter sale is pretty "meh" to me. :shrug:

Can't buy anything in this year, but there still have lots of games I bought in last Christmas sale remain untouched in library, so I guess it's ok.

Dark Souls III - I loved Dark Souls 1 and I really enjoyed Dark Souls 2. However, I want to invest my money based on the whole experience and by the end of both of its predecessors the amount of shit that annoyed me had stacked up and started to grate on my patience. So is a game like that worth 30 bucks? No. no it is not. 20 is what it is worth to me. But whatever, I got 95 bucks in my steam wallet. If I really feel the itch for it and I have absolutely nothing else to buy I might just get it simply because I have nothing better to spend my money on.
While the PvP and DLC are kinda shitty, it's a pretty solid PvE especially post patches (STR builds at launch Vs DEX were like Mice vs Cats). 30 Bucks looks fine, I think 20 is the lowest it'll get for a while, as seen for DS2.
If you finally get it, PM me and summon me to paliate shitty moments :D

Hm, thinking about Alien: Isolation and Shadowrun: Hongkong and Dragonfall. 11.50€ for Alien: Isolation with all the DLC, that's pretty damn good.
But on the other hand, I don't really play videogames anymore... But it's so cheap!!11

Hm, thinking about Alien: Isolation and Shadowrun: Hongkong and Dragonfall. 11.50€ for Alien: Isolation with all the DLC, that's pretty damn good.
But on the other hand, I don't really play videogames anymore... But it's so cheap!!11
>Buying games on sale cause they cheap.
And that's how you end up with too big of a backlog of games like me.
Maybe that's why I'm not all too keen on buying anything this time around. I got so much crap I've yet to finish as it is so why pile more on top of it?

>Buying games on sale cause they cheap.
And that's how you end up with too big of a backlog of games like me.
Maybe that's why I'm not all too keen on buying anything this time around. I got so much crap I've yet to finish as it is so why pile more on top of it?
Exactly. Got way too many games that I'll never play, anyway...

Exactly. Got way too many games that I'll never play, anyway...

I know the feeling.

Alien Isolation is very good horror game, even if not perfect.

Now, I am going to skip the sale myself this time. I have already got what I wanted on the last sale and I still have got few games left to finish.

GOG has joined the fun https://www.gog.com/
Seems to be mostly the same prices as the steam sale. Only difference I noticed is that Inside is €1 cheaper on GOG.
Doesn't seem to have bundle discounts however, so e.g. the double fine bundle I posted above is ~€15 on steam, while a similar bundle on GOG is ~€23 and is missing a lot of things compared to steam, like many of the soundtracks and some of the games (just the shit games tho).

Still, some of the deals could be preferable because of the lack of DRM, at least for games that don't come in bundles on steam.

Anyway, so since there aren't any daily deals or flash sales I figured I'd just spend the amount I had in my wallet on the stuff I found interesting in my wishlist.

So, I bought:
  • Battle Brothers
  • DEADBOLT
  • Death Road To Canada
  • Metal Gear Solid V
  • Near Death
  • Shadowrun Hong Kong
  • The Witcher 3

So I'm done, most likely.

Oh and I bought Underrail and Age Of Decadence for a friend of mine.

Last edited:
Back