Talking Heads

*fap*....fap*....fap* indeed!
redhead looks real good, amazed that youre not snagged up by a dev house yet :lol:

say, how about some max source files for your default render scenes for scenery and heads? bet there would be a lot to learn and see there by us noobs ^^

equilerex said:
say, how about some max source files for your default render scenes for scenery and heads?
I posted linkie to Zombie guy scene at MR's forums.

equilerex said:
bet there would be a lot to learn and see there by us noobs ^^
Nah, it's uber simple, uber fast, two point lights with Shadow Maps set up, where "key" light has changed Map Size from default 512 to 4096 (to make the shadow nice) and Sample Range from default 4 to 10 (to make the shadow slightly softer). I've been playing with Area Shadows, but they slowed down rendering.

Shadow Maps are uber fast in opposite to Raytraced shadows, which are getting even more than 4 times slower if you'll switch to the area lights (but they are more realistic). Area lights aren't supported by Default Scanline. The only stuff which I'm missing is the Ambient Occlusion, but again, for the still you can render AO pass in mental ray, for example, and multiply it in PS later. Or simply use Skylight.

I don't need realistic lighting here, and this simple and uber fast solution is working really great for Fallout-y THs.

Am I the only one who thinks her expression is really blank, that's why I don't think she fits in with the rest. If she had some kind of expression like if she was looking down on you, then she'd look more normal-er .

The Regular One said:
Am I the only one who thinks her expression is really blank..
This is only preview, static image. There are couple of "emotive" animations in-game.

Just found a half made power-armor so I just cut off the new Vic (he is the fourth) ears and gave him a cap that looks bad just like the armor

Btw thanks for the advices Continuum.

I think the rendermode is very different. Your render images are looking somewhat blurry and not very sharp, which is a problem, in my opinion.

Beside this, the face is a big improvement over your last try.

Ho ho ho ho! THs invasion!

Anyway, how about this, heavily improved, not inspired by other game than Fallout, Metal Armour? :wiggle:

maxr.png

Only one criticism, I think the spikes should be more like this:

spikes.gif

As seen here. At least on the first one it's pretty evident I think.

Good point, Kahgan. Also, after looking at MKII I've noticed that chest plate is somewhat cut in half vertically. And after looking closer at MKI I've noticed some kind straps/belts/pieces of metal keeping both chest plates together. Or maybe this is something else? Damn few pixels crap. But this will be easy to fix (if this is going to look good, of course). MKII also has these "air vents" you can see on Leather Armour right chest plate. Or maybe this is something else? Again, damn few pixels crap. But MKI doesn't have anything like that.

Pretty cool, it look real good on Lara!
I'm also doing some modeling though I'm far from you I'm just at the first almost usable head but I have many idea and most of them are already on paper. Two pic with and without AA, model has only a bump map since I accidantly deleted the texture I used...

The color tone somehow reminds me of a power armor. But beside this, the texture looks really good. Your armors are getting better and better. I wish I could do this stuff... and no, it's *not* easy and not everybody can learn this. :P

Back