Talking Heads

Continuum said:
How about colors like this?

Sparta.jpg

:locked:

metalfull.png

Aaahhh – with those empty armor shells I can see a mod that changes the current talking heads appearances when they upgrade their armor…now all we need is a power armor – leather – max leather – and combat armor…up for it Conti. Nice work by the way... :mrgreen:

Continuum said:
How about colors like this?

I'd give the armor a little greenish tint. The original item has a little of this green, and I think it reinforces the impression that these metal plates aren't kept in perfect order.

Just my two cents...

Thanks guys!

Jotisz said:
Two pic with and without AA
Why no anti-aliasing? ALL original art have anti-aliasing, it's not present on "outer" edges only, inner are fully anti-aliased.

Also, your renders (with anti-aliasing) are still very blurry.

Also, also, could you start posting your artwork without that ugly, very confusing and eyes burning blue-ish shite? You may set one of the original backgrounds - in this way will be possible to judge how TH is blending with its "natural" environment.

Also, also, also, what x'il have said :ok:

Lexx said:
Your armors are getting better and better.
I'm putting much more efforts into the texturing/modeling now :D

Lexx said:
I wish I could do this stuff... and no, it's *not* easy and not everybody can learn this. :P
But it is! :P

.Pixote. said:
Aaahhh – with those empty armor shells I can see a mod that changes the current talking heads appearances when they upgrade their armor…now all we need is a power armor – leather – max leather – and combat armor…up for it Conti.
If you're talking about original THs:

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no and NO! Armours/clothes I'm doing aren't for them and never will be. They're for more serious, setting wise guys/girls. Period. If Fallout 2 designers had intention to make Metal Armour then they would do it, but instead they created some lulzy, half-arsed disproportional school boy. And now you want to brutally rape this uber cool design decision?

cassidyfun.jpg

Feel the wrath of Fallout Gods! :vatted:

But I can help you with Myron by deleting his TH from the game, removing his voice files, and replacing his uber lulzy out-of-place critter. How about this? :wiggle:

If you're talking about some custom THs: no, not worth an efforts.

Ardent said:
I'd give the armor a little greenish tint.
I've switched to different color:

metalb.png

Thanks
About the renders (AA) I'm trying to find the best setting for it (right now I'm using blender) The last was with a gauss filter 1.
About Lara the more renders you post the more I want see her implented into the game (also the new color is a perfect fit I think)

Let's perform quick, Google search with "blender antialiasing". As the first result this will pop-up:
Code:
Box
    The original filter used in Blender, relatively low quality. For the Box Filter, you can see that only the samples within the pixel itself are added to the pixel's color. For the other filters, the formula ensures that a certain amount of the sample color gets distributed over the other pixels as well. 
Tent
    A simplistic filter that gives sharp results 
Quad
    A Quadratic curve 
Cubic
    A Cubic curve 
Gauss
    Gaussian distribution, the most blurry 
CatRom
    Catmull-Rom filter, gives the most sharpening 
Mitch
    Mitchell-Netravali, a good allround filter that gives reasonable sharpness

You're using the most blurry filter now. For instance I'm using Catmull-Rom with Default Scanline, which is the most sharpen (as you can read and see above), and Mitchell with mental ray. This stuff is pretty common for most renderers.

I like the new color tone. :) Dunno whats left and could be made better on that head.

Continuum said:
But I can help you with Myron by deleting his TH from the game, removing his voice files, and replacing his uber lulzy out-of-place critter. How about this? :wiggle:

I would only accept Myron’s removal if you replaced him with your own face Conti… :mrgreen:

Myron's not that out of place IMO. His face doesn't really follow the same proportions as most other THs, that's true, but his character is spot on.

Can't have everyone looking like semi-savage raider.

I agree on that. I don't like im either, but I don't think he's that out of place, when looking at what place he is (setting, etc).

@ Myron isn't out of place

To me he's. Totally out-of-place, just like a lot of stuff in Lulzout 2.

SkuLL said:
Can't have everyone looking like semi-savage raider.
And who said that? We're talking about followers here, which is quite narrow category of NPCs. Fallout designers were able to create setting wise party members, but Fallout 2 designers totally failed (talking robodog, talking badass mutated monster wearing robes, fat office worker, school boy, and half-naked guy), but this isn't a surprise.

Back