The Age of Decadence sells ten thousand copies in the first week

Kilus

Not Australian
Orderite
Indie RPG The Age of Decadence has been out for just over a week and lead developer Vince Dweller has revealed 10,000 first week sales for a lifetime total sales total of 25,441 which has exceeded expectations. Also revealed are the studio's future plans.

Content updates for AoD will focus on(with no plans for DLC or expansions):
Oct - the Arena (already working on it)
Nov - the Temple and 'god' endings (Scott suggested a good way to improve it)
Dec - thieves & traps
Jan - as it will be the final content update, we'll wait for more feedback until we decide what to focus on

As for future releases they have a party-based dungeon crawler set in the AoD world planned for a end of 2016 release and a colony ship based RPG with an estimated early release date of 2018.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,6965.0.html

attachment.php

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    519.7 KB · Views: 917
This gaem is solid gold! Playing it for ~1/2 hour per day since its official release, died dozen of times, had to restart with different character to get a grasp of mechanics and combat system. First patch is out and available on GOG btw. ^^

Hearty congratulations to Mr. Vince D. Weller on his quest to retreive the ultimate rpg for his underground company.

I lost interest in this game a decade or so back. I'll play it eventually, but not till I can pick it up for peanuts.

Still, I'm glad its doing well.

I'm looking forward to their future projects. Setting in AoD reminds me of A Canticle for Leibowitz novel heavily, with exception of mutants - haven't met any of them yet. :smile:

I've been following this game ever since I read about it on these boards a few years back. Happy to hear it is selling well. Buying it as soon as I'm finished with Pillars of Eternity.

Back