The Death of NeoGaf discussion.

Is Neogaf forums going into complete insanity a good thing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have no idea what's really going on so :confused:
As I understand it, the owner/admin tried to take advantage of a girl. This isn't really the first time there have been weird stories about him fondling girls without their explicit approval (the admin has defended touching a girl's tits & ass as long as you bought them a drink first), but this time he supposedly crossed the line (as in jumping naked into a shower with a girl that didn't ask him to). His entire mod staff (except one mod iirc) left and the site imploded. He also has released private pictures from a girl and explicitly posted it on her home forum as a means to take revenge on her over something.

Now, NeoGAF has been portrayed as a site that was almost extreme SJW and on the feminist side of things. For obvious reasons, it took a very anti-GamerGate and anti-MAGA standpoint.
It was also a place where you get probation membership for a year and then become full member, but even if a full member speaks out on something that mods don't like, they're banned on the spot for their opinion. There's also a policy of going on witch hunts against adblock users, and admitting you use adblock is a bannable offense on that site.

I have no experience with them, but I guess you could call them the polar opposite of 4chan's /pol/ & /vg/? Where /pol/ is right wing nutjob, and /vg/ can be damn inappropriate, NeoGAF was extremely left wing and social justice oriented.

DISCLAIMER: None of the above information has been checked by reliable sources, so please take it with a grain of salt. I could be horrendously wrong since this is all second hand info.

This is very bad. NeoGAF kept the weirdness contained. Yeah, it could leak, but with NeoGAF going to hell, the dam's gonna burst and the internet's going to be covered in crap.

This is very bad. NeoGAF kept the weirdness contained. Yeah, it could leak, but with NeoGAF going to hell, the dam's gonna burst and the internet's going to be covered in crap.

Define "contained". These people are all over twitter.

They were NOT contained on that fucking site, honestly. Let's be real, NeoGAF was more of a hatchery/mainsource of creepy, cancerous fucks that would circlejerk in an echo chamber, get funded by the democratic party to be anti-MAGA, as well as spread out their tendrils into Tumblr, Twitter, instagram and other social sites, the plan being to indoctrinate anyone who was foolish enough to believe their bullshit ideals and then use mob mentality to beat down others into submission. They seem to have some small sway in the gaming industry and now that it's dead, they're group is ripped apart and faded. Think their only bastion right now is Tumblr, but with out a main site to talk to each other, they're basically fragmented. Hope it fucking stays that way, they're the creepiest fucks I've ever encountered, their closets filled to the brim of skeletons ready to burst out, all locked under chains to keep it from exploding out from the sheer pressure.

Most them moved to a new forum called ResetEra. Beyond that I don't know or care to know.

Back