The Expendables(2010)...Greatest movie ever to be made?

Pablosdog

Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...key-rourke-get-ready-for-the-expendibles.aspx

http://www.getthebigpicture.net/blog/2009/2/23/arnold-confirms-expendables-cameo.html

The plot for this future action title is simple; A group of mercenaries are hired to overthrow a south american dictator. Fans of cheesy 80's action flicks will appreciate that it's being directed by Sylvestor Stallone...but this alone doesn't give it the title of "Greatest Movie Ever"

What makes it so special is the cast that they've hired to play the mercenaries.

The cast is as follows:

Mickey Rourke
Jet Li
Jason Stathem
Stallone(of course)
ARNOLD(*edit*, appears to be a cameo)
Dolph Lundgren
Danny Trejo(rumored, but I expect that he's going to be in it)

We all know that the story will be bad, the dialogue laughable, with machismo and possibly chauvinistic attitudes towards whatever love interest is in the movie. There will be unrealistic explosions and ridiculous body counts, and of course, tons of one liners.

It could be 1 and a half hours of explosions with them standing on thousands of bodies and chomping on cuban cigars. Yet I would still be happy.

Who else is looking forward to the next citizen kane that is about to be unleashed?

2010 can't come soon enough.

Sounds like a piece of crap, but I'd totally watch that if I'm super-bored and don't have to pay for it ^___^

Question, I see you have ARNOLD listed as one of the actors. Is it Schwarzenegger if so the I missed that name in the link you provided.

yes arnold is in it, but there hasn't been too much info gleamed other than that it's a cameo(due to his busy schedule being the governator and all)

I can confirm Arnold's appearance in it, It's been mentioned on the news here quite a bit.

This indeed does sound like the worst thing ever.

You guys are a bunch of fucking pussies if you aren't into this. I like Kubrick and Herzog and Von Trier as much as the next guy, but come the fuck on.

Stallone. Arnold. Statham. Li. Lundgren.

MICKEY FUCKING ROURKE.

Balls to the wall action directed and written by an extraordinarily talented dude who knows how to make an action movie even better than Michael Bay.

How could this not be awesome? It might not be 8 1/2 or Vertigo, but Jesus, how could any dude with a normal testosterone level and a swinging dick not want to see an hour and a half of these motherfuckers blowing up everything in their field of vision?

arent some of those people geting to old for "action" movies?

I mean seriously ... I love Arnold and Stalones movies. Conan the barbarian, Terminator, True Lies with Arnold, Rambo (how could one forget that), Cliffhanger, Demolition Man. All great "action flicks". But those people get to old for such stuff. Visualy at least. The only person that never gets to old for his movies is Eastwood, but hes special.

The names sound impressive but the actors are not anymore. At least Arnold did the right thing, he went (almost) out of the buisness as actor and only appears sometimes as cameo in movies.

I think the reason why we are still runing behind those actors even when they are that repetitive cause there is just no alternative. Can realy a Vin Diesel have the same effect as Arnold? I doubt it really. So one is watching those "old" movies made "new" cause one still has the hope it would give the same nostalgic memories like past movies. Though ... sadly they dont.

Malky said:
How could this not be awesome? It might not be 8 1/2 or Vertigo, but Jesus, how could any dude with a normal testosterone level and a swinging dick not want to see an hour and a half of these motherfuckers blowing up everything in their field of vision?

Because it's boring.

Eyenixon said:
Malky said:

Because it's boring.

You are a faggot.

Loxley said:
Because there is nothing in it we have not seen before?

You've seen a cast as awesome as this together on film before? Please, tell me where, so I can find the DVD and order a hundred copies of it.

Everyone who doesn't want to see this should be banned.

Dopemine Cleric said:
Everyone who doesn't want to see this should be banned.

You should be banned for wanting to see it because by seeing this you're missing out on seeing better things like Dracula 3000 or Troll 2.

Back