The Expendables(2010)...Greatest movie ever to be made?

Since when a stupid action movie can pretend to "greatest ever" title? This project may be entertaining for a one time watch, and I loved Mickey Rourke in Sin City, but c'mon.. Greatest ever to be filmed? That just means you haven't seen any really good movies to begin with.

Uh...I don't think anyone actually thinks that.

Also, this movie is failure without Vin Diesel and The Rock.

Malky said:
You've seen a cast as awesome as this together on film before? Please, tell me where, so I can find the DVD and order a hundred copies of it.
As much as I love some of those famous "names" like anyone else one should not forget those actors are not the same people as letz say 20 years ago when you keept to gasp once you saw arnolds muscular back in Terminator and later riping the punks apart or watching Stalone holding a M60 with one hand pumping the police station full with bullets in Rambo first blood.

Great names and super awesome explosions in high defintion alone dont make a good/awesome movie (see Rambo, Terminator 3, Rocky 45664 etc.). I would as well not buy that Taco Bell is a 5 Star Food even if Arnold or Stalone himself would say that.

Stag said:

Also, every movie is a failure with [spoiler:15f68f46ea]out[/spoiler:15f68f46ea] Vin Diesel and The Rock.
Fixed :)!

Crni Vuk said:
Stag said:

Also, every movie is a failure with [spoiler:987b3f9bf4]out[/spoiler:987b3f9bf4] Vin Diesel and The Rock.
Fixed :)!

You're gay The Pacifier is the Rashomon of the 21st century.

Multidirectional said:
Since when a stupid action movie can pretend to "greatest ever" title? This project may be entertaining for a one time watch, and I loved Mickey Rourke in Sin City, but c'mon.. Greatest ever to be filmed? That just means you haven't seen any really good movies to begin with.

Seriously, what is with people not understanding hyperbole on the internet?

As much as I love some of those famous "names" like anyone else one should not forget those actors are not the same people as letz say 20 years ago when you keept to gasp once you saw arnolds muscular back in Terminator and later riping the punks apart or watching Stalone holding a M60 with one hand pumping the police station full with bullets in Rambo first blood.

Arnold still has it. Besides, it's just a cameo. Also, Stallone has been fucking great lately. He dropped off for a while but Rocky Balboa and Rambo are the best sequels in each series. Rambo fucking ruled, and Stallone is becoming a really talented director.

Malky said:
How could this not be awesome? It might not be 8 1/2 or Vertigo, but Jesus, how could any dude with a normal testosterone level and a swinging dick not want to see an hour and a half of these motherfuckers blowing up everything in their field of vision?

HEELLL YEAH :D

I just have one critic to point, why the hell i dont see Kurt Russel name on it?

plus for the best one liners you cant miss "Big trouble in little china".

In case you were wondering about Van Damme...

...he said no. :(

“Stallone gave me a part in his next movie,” he [Van Damme] told us. “But I ask him about the subject, about the story.”

“He said, ‘You’re gonna make lots of money.’ I don’t want to hear that, I want to hear what was my character. He was unable to tell what it’s going to be.”

“[Stallone said:] ‘You know, uh, well, the fighting will be good.’ [So I said:] ‘Sly, what is my character?’ So I didn’t do the movie.”

Eyenixon said:
You should be banned for wanting to see it because by seeing this you're missing out on seeing better things like Dracula 3000 or Troll 2.

Dracula 3000, man that movie is so bad it's great! I still watch it sometimes, when I'm in dire need of a good laugh.

Come to think of it, other than Starship Troopers, all Casper Van Dien movies are so bad they're instant "bad movie" classics.

Malky said:
Arnold still has it.
obviously :p
arnold-Schwarzenegger-before-after.jpg

Malky said:
Besides, it's just a cameo. Also, Stallone has been fucking great lately. He dropped off for a while but Rocky Balboa and Rambo are the best sequels in each series. Rambo fucking ruled, and Stallone is becoming a really talented director.
And hes probably better left in trying to directing movies instead of beeing the "action" actor, but I doubt he will ever become the next Stanley Kubrick.
staloneREX1005_468x361.jpg

Seriously. Guys those people are almost [un]dead. Leave their rotten corpses alone, dieing finally. At least Arnold did it like Reggan.

Crni Vuk said:
Seriously. Guys those people are almost [un]dead. Leave their rotten corpses alone, dieing finally. At least Arnold did it like Reggan.

Arnold's muscles have little to nothing to do with his acting ability.

Stallone is still ripped as fuck, here is a picture of him with his fake tattoos for The Expendables:
sylvester-stallone-ripped.0.0.0x0.400x429.jpeg

I take it you didn't see Rocky Balboa or Rambo. They were both terrific.

Regarding Arnold Schwarzenegger's cameo, SPOILERS:
[spoiler:34fd5dbda7]It's rumored that the cameo will be him playing himself, aka the governor of California. So, so what if he's not in shape. [/spoiler:34fd5dbda7]
Regarding everything else, come on I'm not going to say that this is going to be everyone's cup of tea, but there are plenty of people that want that kind of throw-back, 80's action movie. Who are you to begrudge someone making it and someone seeing it? Likewise, who are you to begrudge someone not seeing it?

At least this movie will likely have plenty of real stunts, which are becoming endangered in this era of CGI action. Another thing to mention is that most of the old-school action movies suck (at least in retrospect). Even for Arnold it's hard to find more than a handful of his action films that still hold up without nostalgia or camp value being their saving grace. So why not try to make a big-budget, old-school action film just to see how modern film-making sensibilities can make it better? And at least it's not a remake!

Malk- thou shalt not flame..

A film about mercenaries? I think you'd be better off checking out the old Christopher Walken flick, the Dogs of War. Based on Frederick Forsythe- its pretty good.

Malky said:
Arnold's muscles have little to nothing to do with his acting ability.
Of course they have if we are talking about action movie. His role was already in T3 not all to convincing. Well no one can tell me that he left the same impressive effect in T3 like he did in T1 and T2.

With such a character like Arnold usualy plays, the look is definetly important.

regardless of the high likelyhood of it being cheap shit, i'm sure as hell going to watch it and am likely going to have a fuckton of fun while doing so.

Chuck is so awesome he could play the movie alone. With all roles included.

Wait ... has he not already done that with Missing in action ?

Back