The Fallout show is shit and destroys the only good thing Bethesdas Fallout had in its universe

Nightkin

First time out of the vault
As the title says. Shit show.

I'm wondering how so many people actually like this shit. Under clips, everyone is praising it, commenting stuff like, "I'm a huge New Vegas fan, and I love what they did with it."

Or dumb shit like "I'm a New Vegas fan, and i love this! Not every New Vegas fan is unreasonable. " You get the point. Apparently, New Vegas fans now need to seek the approval of Bethestards.

Being a New Vegas fan has been turned into a negative attribute in the general Fallout community. Many YouTubers made us seem like Nazi-esque characters and thus we are now irredeemable dicks who shouldn't be taken seriously.

And yet New Vegas is genuinely the only good modern Fallout game. The irony.

The show destroys New Vegas. I feel like I'm in some sort of Bizarro world right now, seeing all the praises.

What's your take?

Obviously, there's a bunch of problems with the show. But I'm more outraged with the New Vegas aspect of it.

The show doesn’t just break or damage one game in the series, it somehow manages to do so for every game that’s come out, including Bethesda’s own games. The writing is absolutely terrible, the whole world is treated as one massive wacky joke with no semblance of grounded reality, and the damage to the lore is probably the worst it’s ever been. This show has been parroted as one of the best video game adaptions ever made when it couldn’t even adapt Bethesda’s failed adaptions correctly. Thats like Inception levels of failure when it comes to Fallout.
As for the reason why people hate New Vegas fans, it’s because New Vegas isn’t what Fallout is to nu-Fallout fans. In-depth semi-realistic grounded world building, player choice reactivity, gray moral and philosophical quandaries as the world advances, and skill-based interactivity isn’t Fallout to them.
New Vegas is the miracle game that was made post-Interplay for us whereas New Vegas is the boring, difficult, dialogue heavy game that has “nothing to explore” to them.
And so when people who were introduced to good Fallout with New Vegas keep pining for another good game, it infuriates the people who were introduced to Fallout with 3, 4, 76, or the TV show who see Fallout as nothing more than a looter shooter crafting series where you can look at a somewhat blown up major city and point at some place you know.
The reason the show gets so much praise despite being one of the worst adaptions is because Fallout has had no identity for a long time. If every game that comes out is just the Brotherhood vs bad guys comedy hour set in recognizable city, then in some weird ass cosmic irony, the show adapted Fallout perfectly.

Last edited:
I don't get it, what does the show destroy particularly about New Vegas?

At this point, no one hates Fallout as much as Fallout fans.

Honestly, the show is fine

I never understood this phrase, "No one hates x more than x fans".
Like duh, fans of something are generally more critical of the things they're fans of than casuals who aren't as invested.

I never understood this phrase, "No one hates x more than x fans".
Because anyone that uses that phrase wants to paint some of the more passionate fans as irrational babies that want to complain for the sake of complaining. But all that phrase does is make the people who say it come off as pretentious dipshits.

The irony and really hypocrisy is the fact the people that say that will proceed to shit on some other entry in the franchise. Like Millim shitting on Fallout 76 in other threads.

Last edited:
Because anyone that uses that phrase wants to paint some of the more passionate fans as irrational babies that want to complain for the sake of complaining. But all that phrase does is make the people who say it come off as pretentious dipshits.

The irony and really hypocrisy is the fact the people that say that will proceed to shit on some other entry in the franchise. Like Millim shitting on Fallout 76 in other threads.
So do you hate Bethesda Fallout or are you critical of them?

The show doesn’t just break or damage one game in the series, it somehow manages to do so for every game that’s come out, including Bethesda’s own games. The writing is absolutely terrible, the whole world is treated as one massive wacky joke with no semblance of grounded reality, and the damage to the lore is probably the worst it’s ever been. This show has been parroted as one of the best video game adaptions ever made when it couldn’t even adapt Bethesda’s failed adaptions correctly. Thats like Inception levels of failure when it comes to Fallout.
As for the reason why people hate New Vegas fans, it’s because New Vegas isn’t what Fallout is to nu-Fallout fans. In-depth semi-realistic grounded world building, player choice reactivity, gray moral and philosophical quandaries as the world advances, and skill-based interactivity isn’t Fallout to them.
New Vegas is the miracle game that was made post-Interplay for us whereas New Vegas is the boring, difficult, dialogue heavy game that has “nothing to explore” to them.
And so when people who were introduced to good Fallout with New Vegas keep pining for another good game, it infuriates the people who were introduced to Fallout with 3, 4, 76, or the TV show who see Fallout as nothing more than a looter shooter crafting series where you can look at a somewhat blown up major city and point at some place you know.
The reason the show gets so much praise despite being one of the worst adaptions is because Fallout has had no identity for a long time. If every game that comes out is just the Brotherhood vs bad guys comedy hour set in recognizable city, then in some weird ass cosmic irony, the show adapted Fallout perfectly.

At this point I'm numb to the lore bastardizations, Todd and Bezos will do whatever they want to make the show's audience as large, and thus basic, as possible. But maaan is the show cringy to watch. It's like the writers watched a compilation of all 'funny' random encounters from FO2 and Wild Wasteland moments from New Vegas and based the show's dialogue off of those.

When the show takes itself seriously it can be rather watchable. I like how Legion-y the BoS is. Even if it's not at all accurate, it's a believable attitude for a post-apocalyptic faction to have. The Vault 32 mystery is a good idea that captures Vault-Tec's social experiments well. Cold-fusion is a good plot device that fits into the pre-existing lore. But every time someone opens their mouth all the potential crumbles to dust.

The Fallout TV show is the mass media the Borderlands fans deserved

I love F3, maybe because it was my first Fallout.
I love FNV because yes and there would have been no FNV without F3

I personally liked the TV series, the protagonists are not bad and the setting is quite faithful despite the discrepancies. Of course, those of you who have been following the games for longer than me (I recovered 1 & 2 later), will find many more discrepancies but we can't do anything about that. Almost always a film based on a VG or a Comic has things that are not right.

Back