The First Fallout Expansion

Diebold

First time out of the vault
Perhaps something involving the Commonwealth and the Institute within it?

Or something tied to the Chinese in Washington D.C.?

Or:

Fallout 3: Brotherhood of Steel.

You go around the waste with the BoS and hand out candy, help sick old ladies, and get cats out of trees. This way you can "fit in" with the new ideology of the BoS.

With the way the game ended, I have a hard time imagining an expansion pack. They will most likely release filler quests to make the game longer.

ShatteredJon said:
With the way the game ended, I have a hard time imagining an expansion pack. They will most likely release filler quests to make the game longer.

I consider the entire washington d.c. area a city. if they expanded the game to has as many cities that fallout 1 and 2 had, then i feel this game would be superb. do you think the profits they made on the game so far is enough to expand the game at all though?

Also will my live help key allow me to download the expansion for free? i hope so.

Do you think Bethesda would make an expansion? I don't see fallout 3 like an "expansionable" game. I guess they would concentrate with their looong games full of details and immersion. heh. Tough Oblivion has an expansion..

Meh.

i think if there is an expansion it better not last 10 hours....i more involved primary storyline would be much more pleasing that 20 hours of side quests/exploring.....but the fact remains that if there isnt a completely alternative ending theres no realistic way to continue the storyline with this character....unless you HAVE to be a heartless bastard to continue it on and leave the BoS girl to put the code in, heheh

RBurns722 said:
i think if there is an expansion it better not last 10 hours....i more involved primary storyline would be much more pleasing that 20 hours of side quests/exploring.....but the fact remains that if there isnt a completely alternative ending theres no realistic way to continue the storyline with this character....unless you HAVE to be a heartless bastard to continue it on and leave the BoS girl to put the code in, heheh

Well there will be a timer on that last mission, and if you can move fast enough you wont get blasted with radiation and die. however if you do die while in there, that just counts as an ordinary death.

or maybe the Brotherhood of steel can be kind enough to use some kind of technology to save your life after the deed has been done.

or a radiation suit can actually have an effect!

or you could end up ordering Fawkes to go in and do it for you, if you have enough good karma..

Fallout 3: Alien Invasion

New Features!
Someone at Bethesda just played Fallout for the first time and found the crashed Ufo... Yeah, awesome! And also we get horses and castles. And Elvis costumes and quiff. And a Tyrannosaurus Rex... Did I mention magic spells?

Next gen graphics!
The graphics are enhanced with one more polygon per character!
Did someone say "shadows?"? Are you kidding me? Everyone knows that a thermonuclear war blows away all shadows.

Main quest!
There wont be a main quest because they was too busy taking the action points system away because the kids thought it was boring to be invincible for a limitid time... V.A.T.S minus action points = Endless fun!

I'm pretty sure that the Commonwealth will appear in either a sequel or expansion.

well if you paid attention the BoS in washington is borderline rogue and well mabye they can just start an evil revolution faction you have to fight once the ture brotherhood comes to terms with them

dirtbag said:
Fallout 3: Alien Invasion

New Features!
Someone at Bethesda just played Fallout for the first time and found the crashed Ufo... Yeah, awesome! And also we get horses and castles. And Elvis costumes and quiff. And a Tyrannosaurus Rex... Did I mention magic spells?

Next gen graphics!
The graphics are enhanced with one more polygon per character!
Did someone say "shadows?"? Are you kidding me? Everyone knows that a thermonuclear war blows away all shadows.

Main quest!
There wont be a main quest because they was too busy taking the action points system away because the kids thought it was boring to be invincible for a limitid time... V.A.T.S minus action points = Endless fun!

Love it :) Good point!

Expanded Gameplay:
You can take control of a setlement and develop and add the long desired RTS feature! Black Isle wanted just that for Fallout. Thus, your imersion in the Fallout universe will be complete.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.M - the all new, upgraded and better system! Now you have the MAGIC stat to count on!

I personally want saddle bags for Dogmeat so he can help me haul my loot out of the dungeon crawls.

Also there are a lot of motorcycles in this game that are in great condition (one even in your home with a certain theme). Maybe a future expansion to add a workable one in the game? Could even add one of those side cars the Krauts used in WW2 and you and Dogmeat could go tearing through the desert gunning down raiders!

What if there was an expansion........?

What fun goodies could be in store? What would YOU like to see (besides a mod kit)? I'll start; I want certain enemies to respawn so I can keep leveling up and have something to do (like if the super mutants that randomly roam the streets of the capitol came back when you leave). More items are a little obvious so say exactly what you want like say a classic pump-action shotgun.

Hmm... I suppose a Role Playing Game element to it would be pretty cool.

Also I fail to see how come mines you plant ignore you, how does it know what is an 'enemy' and what is 'friendly'? So I guess more traps would be cool.

well if they're planning to keep going after the end of the main quest they didn't leave themselves much of an opening, there doesn't seem to be a "final save" like games usually make if they're planning such a thing. and in any case one of the endings involves you getting killed.

and if they're making an expansion that is just a sidequest then they're pushing everyone to ignore the main quest.

I don't get it tbh.

The only way is to open up more areas before one clears the game. Seeing that the ending involving somebody's death.

It seems more likely to me that they'll do what they did with Oblivion in the beginning, that is to say downloadable content. I could see an alternate storyline and increased level cap in an expansion, though.
The real changes will come in mods, however.

It should take place after the Vault 101 Dweller's journey but in a more evolved DC.

I hope, given the righteous slaughter of the Super Mutants at the hands of the Vault 101 Dweller, that the remaining few Super Mutants once again become enemies to fear and not just mindless grunts. Instead of having the classes of Super Mutants they should stay more true to Fallout 1's mutants.

Everything that the Vault 101 Dweller could have affected in Fallout 3 should be modified in such a way that the new world can generalize what happened. What I mean is, for instance:

[spoiler:0196a150ae]You can choose to kill the Ghouls for the Tenpenny residents or you can help the Ghouls, which ends up meaning the extinction of the normal humans in the tower. The new protagonist should see Tenpenny tower as the center of a battleground between Ghouls and humans fighting for it, king of the hill style. The good karma choice allowed the Ghouls to assimilate into the group of humans but eventually drive the humans away, whereas the bad karma choice meant the extinction of the Ghouls in the tunnels nearby. Word would spread that would anger either the humans or the Ghouls outside of this area to fight for this landmark and claim it as their own, or something like that. I hate how the main struggle is in downtown DC and nowhere else; I hope there are many skirmishes and battles happening all over the place.

Another example is Megaton. In the new protagonist's eyes, Megaton should have been destroyed. No one will know how it happened exactly, but it was destroyed by either a nuclear blast based off the bad karma choice or an Enclave invasion based off the good karma choice (they found out you live there so they tried to look for you and killed everyone and looted and destroyed the place).[/spoiler:0196a150ae]

The new expansion should still stay in DC, except with various changes that take into account all the possible path taken and decisions made by the Vault 101 Dweller. Enclave should not exist, Super Mutants should be insanely tough without the need for four classes of them (all of them should be Master-level tough), and BoS should have a civil war between the brothers and the outcasts that taken Lyons out of power and revert the Brotherhood to it's technology scavenging ways. Power Armor should be improved as a result.

oihrebwe said:
and if they're making an expansion that is just a sidequest then they're pushing everyone to ignore the main quest.

I don't get it tbh.

I ignore that anyway :P

Back