The first Season of the Fallout tv show is out

You know who'd REALLY be interested in Vegas and the NCR being nuked... The Legion. Which begs the question as to why they aren't crawling all over like ants on ice cream.

Why because they’ve been nuked too of course! NCR, Legion, House all nuked! Hell they’ll probably nuke the Divide again for good measure.

You know, with everything getting nuked again and again, Mcnamara's idea of hiding in the bunker and wait until everybody else will die seems like a viable strategy.

If I’m not mistaken he was joking that Vault-Tec was behind the Enclave rather than the other way around, which the show unironically seems to be pushing.

Vault Tec being treated as a global threat is hilarious to me. They always came across as one of those companies that springs up overnight and then quickly disappears after a trend has passed. More of a middle man rather than an outright puppeteer.

Vault Tec being treated as a global threat is hilarious to me. They always came across as one of those companies that springs up overnight and then quickly disappears after a trend has passed. More of a middle man rather than an outright puppeteer.
Definitely feels like something the show runners really clamped on to which is weird. West Tek is such a major company in terms of what they did to affect everything and they barely get a seat at the table

Todd Coward backtracks on Shady Sands being nuked in 2277, uses theories made by fans to explain the discrepancies for the writers and runs with it as I predicted. Why care about writing when the fans can do it for them?

View attachment 28445
One of the things I learned about the attack on Pearl Harbor and those 4 hijacked planes that crashed was no one associates dates with traumatic major events. So it was very very logical that not having date of the Shady Sands bomb on the chalkboard was a work of normalcy and anyone associating the date of 2277 with it deserves to be beat up by Batman and thrown into Arkham Asylum because they are so insane. It definitely wasn't the show playing very loose with West Coast lore that Bethesda hates with a burning passion because Fallout 1/2/NV keep getting mentioned ahead of Fallout 3/4.

So Vault Tek created cold fusion and functionally solved the resource problem, right? Wouldn't you basically just be able to control the world WITHOUT nuking it, if you get to decide who has access to fucking limitless energy?

Well of course the 3D Fallouts, with their overreliance on Vaults as starting locations, quest-relevant locations, and generic dungeons has inflated the company's presence and relevance in the minds of a certain set of players. It was a (stupid) inevitability that it would reach the apotheosis of influence that we see in the show.

Definitely feels like something the show runners really clamped on to which is weird. West Tek is such a major company in terms of what they did to affect everything and they barely get a seat at the table
To be fair WestTek was never really well fleshed-out past Fallout 1. I have always wished more had been done with it.

And that's why I've been sharing this classic video all across Social Media, of Todd Howard's memorable moments to remind people of how great & trustworthy this guy is:

:ok: :cool:

I'll always be fond of this video. Quite well produced. And there's something genuinely artistic about it.

So Vault Tek created cold fusion and functionally solved the resource problem, right? Wouldn't you basically just be able to control the world WITHOUT nuking it, if you get to decide who has access to fucking limitless energy?
To be fair a similar criticism could be leveled against the vending machine of the Sierra Madre vending machine. There are some interesting ways of looking at it that can, IMO, actually make the vending machines (and I suppose by extension, this cold fusion tech) fit in quite well with the themes of the series, but it's not immediately apparent.

Or if you want to step away from just making things fit as-presented, there was a fan theory (I think suggested by Atomic Postman? Could be mistaken) that the Cloud was created as an inevitable byproduct of the vending machines' transmutation, making them a poisoned chalice. I liked that idea too. Same can't really apply to the cold fusion tech here though.

Or if you want to step away from just making things fit as-presented, there was a fan theory (I think suggested by Atomic Postman? Could be mistaken) that the Cloud was created as an inevitable byproduct of the vending machines' transmutation, making them a poisoned chalice. I liked that idea too. Same can't really apply to the cold fusion tech here though.
That was actually me, posted it in an Atomic Postman thread though, so I understand your confusion.

That was actually me, posted it in an Atomic Postman thread though, so I understand your confusion.
Ah, apologies for the misattribution. Well I'm sure you'll be happy to see that it made a fair impression on me.

Thinking about it I might have expressed my view of why the vending machines sort of work with the themes of the series in that same thread. Too lazy to check though.

Ah, apologies for the misattribution. Well I'm sure you'll be happy to see that it made a fair impression on me.

Thinking about it I might have expressed my view of why the vending machines sort of work with the themes of the series in that same thread. Too lazy to check though.
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/rewriting-fallout-new-vegas.219896/

My curiosity was piqued so I dug up the thread and… you actually didn’t, lol. Must’ve been a different thread. Still, the whole thread is so interesting, and a nice contrast to the thoughtless abomination we’re discussing here.

IMG_1851.jpeg

Back