The first Season of the Fallout tv show is out

Hasn't happened yet and likely won't considering how spineless a lot of the bogeyman bullshit is. Keep living afraid.
You've never heard of the Stalinist purges, Mao, or Pol Pot then?

Pol Pot's people by capita put 2 of every 7 up against the wall.

Is it better for the individual to have property rights and rule of law, however flawed, or not to have these?

You've never heard of the Stalinist purges, Mao, or Pol Pot then?

Pol Pot's people by capita put 2 of every 7 up against the wall.

Is it better for the individual to have property rights and rule of law, however flawed, or not to have these?

Hyperbolic nonsense. There isn't anyone in the American political machine with influence or the spine to enact something like like that. You're literally afraid of foreign ghosts.

Hopefully this won't get too far off topic. Also, anarchy is poo poo and the mid 2000's called, they want their edgy teenage atheist back.

Last edited:
How were people entertained enough by this to be able to justify wasting time to defend it?

Simply because it has Fallout in the title, it’s really that easy for a lot of people.

So, with that chalkboard, they wanted to imply that NCR was nuked around 2277 to give themselves the implication of 19 years having passed, but give themselves plausible deniability by having a final arrow and undated mushroom cloud come thereafter.

I really personally don’t think that chalkboard can be taken any other way but Shady Sands being nuked ON 2277. Every significant event is boxed and dated with the picture of the nuke on the chalkboard not dated, but rather directly pointed out from tne “Fall”. It would not make sense for some vague “fall” to be boxed and dated but not the actual day the nuke destroyed the city, but like you say there’s enough wiggle room in there for fans to win Olympic Gold Medals for mental gymnastics.

It would have made more sense to have the CEO of Nuka COla present at that meeting.

I agree with @Yossarrion , Poseidon Energy and General Atomics International should’ve been there over Repconn and Big MT. Really weird pulls for the show with those two non-entities.

And I guarantee that Bethesda will backtrack on some things using these contrived explanations their fans made for them in S2 in certain aspects, and then fundamentally break more things to justify the show leading to more confusion.

I hope they do, so that the people whining about the people that criticize the lore breaking in the TV show can feel how it is when their favorite lore gets also mangled and twisted.

i mean my autistic ass knew i wasnt watching the show the second i saw the ghoul was handsome. thats fucking retarded these niggas are supposed to be rotting walking emaciated skeletal corpses and this dude is handsome?? theyre called GHOULS for fucks sakes. it wouldnt at all surprise me if in fallout 6 ghouls are just dudes with acne they put some stickers over or some shit.

like this is beyond redesign this is missing the point entirely

horribly deformed monster whos body has been utterly destroyed by the post nuclear horror
set.jpg

some guy who played "got your nose" and lost i guess?
FDz7h7gueuGCHMRwqD5shh-320-80.jpg

I hope they do, so that the people whining about the people that criticize the lore breaking in the TV show can feel how it is when their favorite lore gets also mangled and twisted.
if fallout 4 is any indicator they dont really seem to notice. the commonwealth is a completely different setting than was described in fallout 3 by like a lot and the brotherhood got absolutely shit on even going as far as killing off sarah lyons inbetween games for no reason

if fallout 4 is any indicator they dont really seem to notice. the commonwealth is a completely different setting than was described in fallout 3 by like a lot and the brotherhood got absolutely shit on even going as far as killing off sarah lyons inbetween games for no reason
That's typical Bethesda. If I recall, cyrodiil is completely different as well on how it's described in Morrowind. What I've learned over the years is Bethesda fans like the window dressing and exploring a big dumb map. They couldn't give a fuck about about the lore or the actual "game' part of the game.

Poseidon oil, or general atomics imo
You'd think bringing in two companies very directly intertwined with the biggest reasons for the war in the first place and with huge interest in everything involved would be, y'know, a good idea. But no, it's all Vault-Tec.

You'd think bringing in two companies very directly intertwined with the biggest reasons for the war in the first place and with huge interest in everything involved would be, y'know, a good idea. But no, it's all Vault-Tec.
Yeah, they called it the Resource Wars, not the Poorly-Thought-Out Social Experiments Wars.

Yeah, they called it the Resource Wars, not the Poorly-Thought-Out Social Experiments Wars.
I feel like they forgot about all the shit that was supposed to have happened before the War, like also the New Plague and how it led to FEV. Now it's just "lol let's make mutant super soldiers by experimenting on immigrants".

Sooo its as terrible as the Walking Dead adaptation? Now I know not to waste my time.
i just learned earlier today that kirkman has been trying to get a more faithful animated adaptation off the ground for a while but AMC wont let him

I agree with @Yossarrion , Poseidon Energy and General Atomics International should’ve been there over Repconn and Big MT. Really weird pulls for the show with those two non-entities.
It's not a weird pull at all if you think about it based on how the writing has been so far and how they handle Fallout references. They're just pulling names and ideas to tie in New Vegas. The last shot of the series is of the bad guy walking towards Vegas. The Repconn HQ and Big MT are iconic parts of the New Vegas experience. Again they're just bending things for plot convenience.

Fortunately, you like the spine to do the deed.
You're in luck. That pesky society and it's laws are the only thing keeping it that way. Don't worry, when the bombs drop I'll be the first in line to brain you with a rock.
fallout 3 by like a lot and the brotherhood got absolutely shit on even going as far as killing off sarah lyons inbetween games for no reason
It's one of the weird cases where Bethesda did listen and overcorrected criticism received from Fallout 3. Oh, you want The Brotherhood to be like 1 and 2? Well now they're total assholes again and The Lyons are dead so a Maxson can take over once again.
feel like they forgot about all the shit that was supposed to have happened before the War
The pre-war timeline to Bethesda is mostly just saccharine sweet 1950s American dream with a war in the backdrop out of obligation. The pre-war America used to be a very menacing, almost alien piece of history that was better off felt but not seen. Now that every new piece of media feels obligated to give us a pre-war POV it just became generic socal diverse wonderland, except people wear sunny dresses and talk funny.

So they got right the name of a really obscure, mentioned-only character but they missed the entire context around her?
They just skimmed the wiki looking for companies, checked the abstract/idiot box, and put it in the show, all the while patting themselves on the back for all the research they did.

They could have just used Poseidon Energy and tease the Enclave and Oil Rig if they needed to give nukes to Vault-Tec.
Yeah it's pretty insane they didn't use Poseidon. My guess is because they're going for some childish power level thing where poseidon is LITERALLY DA ENCLAVE, completely leaving out any kind of subtlety about how a deep state and corporate collusion actually works.

Poseidon oil, or general atomics imo
I wasn't trying to say that Nuka Cola would be the company that makes the most sense to have a seat at that table, rather that like REPCONN it'd be kind of silly but would make a billion times more sense than REPCONN, which is the equivalent of some green energy start up that lives off of churn and burn and government cheese (whereas Nuka Cola could charitably be considered the equivalent of a major food and beverage conglomerate like PepsiCo, which ironically actually does have a sordid conspiriczable history).

I really personally don’t think that chalkboard can be taken any other way but Shady Sands being nuked ON 2277. Every significant event is boxed and dated with the picture of the nuke on the chalkboard not dated, but rather directly pointed out from tne “Fall”. It would not make sense for some vague “fall” to be boxed and dated but not the actual day the nuke destroyed the city, but like you say there’s enough wiggle room in there for fans to win Olympic Gold Medals for mental gymnastics.
I think what probably happened is that the show runners wanted to have Shady Sands nuked in 2277 because that was a date that worked decently well for the timeline they had in mind. Then Based Loremaster Emil stepped in and said "I don't think that would work", and then they said "OK what if we kind of imply it but leave it vague," and Based Loremaster Emil said that'd probably be fine, whatever.

So essentially, they could have their cake and eat it too. It's a pole intentionally designed to allow apologists to do their mental gymnastics.

Agreed that Poseidon or GAI would make the most sense as mentioned above. Though I actually don't mind the inclusion of Big MT that much - It is presented in Old World Blues as an R&D corporation that makes and sells consumer products. It's absence from subsequent titles as a brand name is a bit odd, we should see some mentions of Saturnite products and what have you outside of the Sierra Madre and Hopeville.

This inexplicable thing is to make Sinclair the CEO. Well I suppose it is explicable - he's the only corporate/business figure ever directly associated with Big MT, never mind the fact that he was just one prominent customer.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if the real reason that the show chose the companies it did was simply because these are companies with some name associated with it. No corporate executive or CEO has ever been associated with General Atomics or Poseidon. They probably decided something to the effect of "These gamer morons will eat this shit up if we have all of the companies and characters they care about in this scene. Julia Masters? They probably love her."

And I guarantee that Bethesda will backtrack on some things using these contrived explanations their fans made for them in S2 in certain aspects, and then fundamentally break more things to justify the show leading to more confusion.
Thus giving the apologists the opportunity to nod wisely, say "See?? I told you so, they had a plan all along," and then go on to perform even more mental gymnastics then they had to do to before to justify all of the new problems that have been introduced.

Riddle me this, gang: Are Bethesda fans at all upset by the depiction of the Brotherhood? It seems like the most outright negative depiction of them yet.

Not that I have any problem with that, I think the idea of Brotherhood recruits being legally certifiable morons with no education outside of their narrow interest, and leaning more into the religious aspects, is a decent enough direction. My only issue with it was that it was written by this show's writers who themselves seem to be legally certifiable morons who did a bad job.

I just so fundamentally despise the idea that there was this one big dark back room meeting where all of this was decided. It's such a fundamentally childish view of the world. The only question is if it reflects the childish mind of the writers, or the childish mind they perceive (not wrongly) in the average viewer of this program.

The last shot of the series is of the bad guy walking towards Vegas. The Repconn HQ and Big MT are iconic parts of the New Vegas experience.
Man, the shot of power armor Kyle McLachlan walking towards CGI destroyed New Vegas got such a big laugh out of me. I then had fun imagining that the only person left alive is Follows Chalk, hanging out in the Lucky 38 with Mr. House's mummy.

Back