The good aspects to Fallout 3?

Just to keep the record straight, Fallout 1 had feral ghouls or mindless ghouls as they are called.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Feral_ghoul#cite_note-0
Wikia has a habit of being wrong because it is made up by contributors and sometimes they word things to suite 'their' canon but it is not an established fact.

Feral ghouls (also known as mindless zombies,[1]
  1. In-game name in Fallout.[1]
Mindless ghoul has no in game reference in Fallout 1
http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Mindless_ghoul
  1. Research Terminal, Study Of Ferocious Post-Necrotic Dystrophy
  2. The Lone Wanderer: "I need more details... What's the breach all about?"
    M.A.R.Go.T.: "Internal visual sensing equipment is detecting numerous unidentified persons in the southeast tunnels area. The individuals have damaged metro equipment and refused dialogue with our security units. In accordance with U.S. Security Statute A567/B, the use of deadly force has been authorized."
    The Lone Wanderer: "Can you tell me more about these unidentified persons?"
    M.A.R.Go.T.: "My apologies. My sensing equipment in that area must be damaged. My equipment indicates the persons possess no internal body heat and are emitting lethal levels of radiation."
    (M.A.R.Go.T.'s dialogue)
  3. Little Yangtze Log Terminal, Elijah's Journal - Day 2
1 Links to Fallout 3, 2 Links to Fallout 3 and 3 Links to New Vegas where there is no mention at all of Mindless Ghouls.
http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Little_Yangtze_terminal_entries#Elijah.27s_Journal_-_Day_2

There is nothing to suggest a connection other then Fallout 3 which I ignore as canon. There is no indication to the aggression of a Mindless Ghoul other than a contributors subjective hypothesis.

What do Fallout 1 Mindless Ghouls say? Where do you see them? What do they do?

This article:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Mindless_ghoul
Is copy/pasting FeralGhoul data

This article:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Feral_ghoul
Is making a connection that only exists in Fallout 3, a Bethesda game. Not original canon.

In conclusion, there is not enough data currently to make a connection. If you want to make a claim that they do have a connection, please provide evidence from Fallout 1 because your reference only mentions that the actor type "Mindless Ghoul" has text dialogue.

Edit: the main article also suggests that Deathclaw eggs and hammers have text dialogue too so we should make a wikia about them being NPCs, for that matter a series of words are classed here as "humans, robots and creatures" So I better get to making some word creatures in Blender. Gotta be lore friendly.
Dialogue for humans, robots and creatures ("critters") in Fallout.

{1000}{}{Greater Mole Rat}
{1100}{}{Radscorpion}
{3600}{}{Dog}
{3601}{}{A canine, probably of a mixed breed.}
{4300}{}{Lesser Centaur}
{4500}{}{Floater}
{4800}{}{Cave Rat}
{7800}{}{Pig Rat}
{14001}{}{His hands are glowing with a strange energy.}
{14101}{}{A strange energy flares from his eyes.}
{14201}{}{Her head glows with a strange energy.}
{14301}{}{Small sparks of energy flow over his body.}
{15900}{}{Tough Rat}
{16000}{}{Radiated Rat}
{16100}{}{Tough Radiated Rat}
{16200}{}{Lesser Mole Rat}
{16300}{}{Coyote}
{16400}{}{Large Brahma}
{16500}{}{Deathclaw Spawn}
{16600}{}{Nasty Radscorpion}
{16700}{}{Bloody Floater}
{16800}{}{Greater Centaur}
{17600}{}{Great Mantis}
{17700}{}{Mean Pig Rat}
{30301}{}{You see a Siberian Husky waiting patiently for her master.}
{30500}{}{Mindless Ghoul}
{30700}{}{Egg}
{30701}{}{Deathclaw Egg}
{30900}{}{Mother Deathclaw}
{31000}{}{Hammer}
{31100}{}{Dead Traveler}

Last edited:
@DirtyOldShoe
I did suspect that but I also remembered something about how the ghouls outside of Necropolis were there to scare people. I thought the Fallout wiki limited the data on the item to that specific instance when talking about that item in that specific instance. Now that I checked it they changed that. The only hint that Nuka-Cola was only retconed to be radioactive is this
Nuka-Cola was the most popular flavored soft drink in the United States before the Great War. After the War, Nuka-Cola remains one of the most popular soft drinks of the post-nuclear world, as much of it was preserved in a fairly pristine state, although it tends to be warm, irradiated, and flat. In Fallout 4, Nuka-Cola bottles take on a newer look.
verse this
A bottle of Nuka-Cola, the flavored softdrink of the post-nuclear world. Warm and flat

While Nuka Cola Quantum is radioactive by design, my assumption that Nuka Cola was radioactive was because virtually all Pre-War food was irradiated by the world's fallout.

You could also assume it was just pasteurized.

:)

@DirtyOldShoe
I did suspect that but I also remembered something about how the ghouls outside of Necropolis were there to scare people.
Scarecrows are not Feral,so by that logic Scareghouls are not either.

I thought the Fallout wiki limited the data on the item to that specific instance when talking about that item in that specific instance.
My rule is if it has a [1], check it out and confirm, if it doesn't have a [1], then it is unfounded.

Now that I checked it they changed that. The only hint that Nuka-Cola was only retconed to be radioactive is this.
Nuka Cola was actually addictive, http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Nuka-Cola_(Fallout)

Scarecrows are not Feral,so by that logic Scareghouls are not either.
If only they had a brain.

While Nuka Cola Quantum is radioactive by design, my assumption that Nuka Cola was radioactive was because virtually all Pre-War food was irradiated by the world's fallout.

You could also assume it was just pasteurized.

:)
Nuka-cola and a cookie (debatable considering it is identical to the one from Rose's Dinner) are the only edible pre-war food items in FO1/2. Nuka-Cola didn't give rads in FO1/2.
BTW: I forgot to mention that this is what happens to someone who drank Crystal Pepsi 20 years later.

Last edited:
I think it did the open world exploration pretty well. I also think they had their settlements designed interestingly too, for example Megaton a town built around a bomb with bomb worshippers. Or Tenpenny tower, luxury which is a stark contrast to the outside with people who seem to be quite ignorant of the outside world whilst still existing in it.

I think it did the open world exploration pretty well. I also think they had their settlements designed interestingly too, for example Megaton a town built around a bomb with bomb worshippers. Or Tenpenny tower, luxury which is a stark contrast to the outside with people who seem to be quite ignorant of the outside world whilst still existing in it.
Interestingly... just not realistically.
Why would you live near an atomic bomb other than for c00l points?

Interestingly... just not realistically.
Why would you live near an atomic bomb other than for c00l points?

I dunno, maybe because you worship radiation? Also, it's in Wasteland 2.

You have people who say, "We may not be able to defeat you but we'll sure as fuck take you with us."

Also, it's in Wasteland 2.
Wasn't that bomb (Canyon of Titan IIRC) in W2 being used as a literal sword of Damocles to keep the region in relative peace? That's what the owners of the bomb indicate and from what I remember, that was their main purpose (though they have religious fervor based on how their main ability is suicide bombing with dirty bombs). Plus the bomb was stored in a relatively well secured manner in a facility rather being out in the open (where anyone could walk in and tamper with the bomb).

I'm sorry but having a nuclear weapon seems like a pretty good thing in the Wasteland
Having a Nuclear Weapon; Yes

Having a Nuclear Weapon you don't know how to detonate; No

Having a Nuclear Weapon that could one day blow up and kill your entire family, and destroy your house; 100% No

Wasn't that bomb (Canyon of Titan IIRC) in W2 being used as a literal sword of Damocles to keep the region in relative peace? Plus the bomb was stored in a relatively well secured manner in a facility rather being out in the open (where anyone could walk in and tamper with the bomb).

That was the way they used it. However, my personal theory is that the Megaton Bomb is not the heart of Megaton but that it's noticeably an AMERICAN bomb since we find the Fortress full of them. It's NOT Chinese which implies that it's a bomb which was left when its carrier crashlanded.

The reason Megaton probably exists is it's propably a scrap metal city made out of the plane they tore apart.

We also know the Megatoners were people who tried to get into the Vault so it makes sense they would make use of whatever nearby resources they could make.

Having a Nuclear Weapon; Yes

Having a Nuclear Weapon you don't know how to detonate; No

Who says they can't?

Having a Nuclear Weapon that could one day blow up and kill your entire family, and destroy your house; 100% No

It hasn't gone off in 200 years. You'd need a mysterious Satanic figure to kill one of the last few refugees in the Wasteland...or a guy working for a psychopath with a sniper rifle and view issues.

The reason Megaton probably exists is it's propably a scrap metal city made out of the plane they tore apart.
It is. Manya Vargas in Megaton said that the metal was from planes (it was multiple planes according to them rather than one plane).
http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Megaton

As an aside, I would comment that the place does not make much sense logistically. Not a lot of room for crops, not a lot of room for rearing animals, rather far from scavangeable places (that would exist even after 200 years of looting abstinence) and rather far from the water (and that's not considering the radiation that was somehow in the water after 200 years). All it had was safety and I understand if it could survive for the first couple of years when it formed but 200?

I don't honestly get the "no crops" thing or "no animals." Because the structure isn't literal. Megaton is a representation of the actual city.

Game engine limitations prevent it from actually being the size and shape it would be in a "real" setting.

You just have to assume the crops are there.

Back