The neat little touches

Starwars

Mildly Dipped
New Vegas is a pretty detailed game, with plenty of small things to discover that may not be apparent right away. This is where you can post them for other peoples benefit/amusement.

I'll start with three small ones.

1. I think the evil way of solving the Ultra-Luxe quests is (stupidly) unlocked by Bad Karma but if you have the Cannibal perk, that also gives you access to it.

2. If you head up to Goodsprings Cemetary in the middle of the night, there is a creepy sound effect going on, like ghostly voices whispering.

3. When fighting off the Powder Gangers in Goodsprings, you can ask Victor to join the fight. However, during the fight he will be nowhere to be seen. After the fight, you can talk to him and via a Science check, you can find out that someone (dundundun) put a block in his programming to prevent him from joining the fight.

4. In one of the rooms in Vault 22, you'd find a baby stroller... as well as a hostile spore carrier runt. That's pretty dark.

I can't remember where it was but just off one of the roads on the way to New Vegas there is an old car half sunk into a swamp. There's a skeleton and a briefcase filled with 20 or so "pre-war money".

This:

screenshot0am.png

Maybe they need a tall, gangly Centurion to be there then, chastising a Powder-Ganger graffiti artist?

Having 'Romanus Eunt Domus' in the game was pretty much a given since we have CL, but I still did crack a smile when I first saw it. It's one of my fav scenes in Life of Brian as well, hehe.

4. In one of the rooms in Vault 22, you'd find a baby stroller... as well as a hostile spore carrier runt. That's pretty dark.

That's a nice touch there.

Has anyone read closely on the Goodsprings graves? I haven't really checked it in detail.

Also, if you have Wild Wasteland, you'll get a "silly credits roll" at the end similar to the ones you could access in F1 and F2.

Starwars said:
Also, if you have Wild Wasteland, you'll get a "silly credits roll" at the end similar to the ones you could access in F1 and F2.

Simply press STRG+Mouse click on the credits button in the main menu to get the alternative credits. Was the first thing I checked out, when I got the game. :p

Lexx said:
Starwars said:

Simply press STRG+Mouse click on the credits button in the main menu to get the alternative credits. Was the first thing I checked out, when I got the game. :p
Got a video of it?

Starwars said:
New Vegas is a pretty detailed game, with plenty of small things to discover that may not be apparent right away. This is where you can post them for other peoples benefit/amusement.

I'll start with three small ones.

1. I think the evil way of solving the Ultra-Luxe quests is (stupidly) unlocked by Bad Karma but if you have the Cannibal perk, that also gives you access to it.

Nah, you just need 62 speech or the cannibal perk.

Check out Vault 21's Terminals for neat little details. Sarah Weintraub has to be the most cutest FO NPC ever, seriously.

After you talk to Sarah about Doc Mitchell you can ask him again about his wife. I have to say, it is very moving.

Edit: Ah, and i found the reason for the missing stealth boys at RepConn (partiularly the mail from the human resources person) absolutely hilarious :mrgreen:

Black Feather said:
After you talk to Sarah about Doc Mitchell you can ask him again about his wife. I have to say, it is very moving.

Thanks very much for that, I'm gonna try it out tonight :)

Little touches I've found:

- A locked bathroom door in a hotel room with a skeleton in the bathtub with a razor blade and lots of drugs on the floor

- The Evil Garden Gnome I randomly stumbled upon in the cave where the legendary gecko is. I mean, Evil Garden Gnome!

- The Declaration of Vital Essence in Nipton

- All the 'strange meat' you find in otherwise-innocent enough people's places, revealing their dark secrets

- The Buffout in one of the rooms at Jacobstown lodge - Marcus?!

- Similarly, the drug stash in one of the Ranger bedrooms in the mansion at Camp Golf

[spoiler:252701e6c5]- Seducing and then killing Benny in his sleep as a female character with the Black Widow perk. Brilliant[/spoiler:252701e6c5]

- Cass truly being her father's daughter. So awesome

One thing I wish NV had more of would be the recorded holotopes telling pieces of a story. Only came across a handful of them.

Also, anyone know what the hell the Doggie Treat is used for? I've been weighed down by an extra pound for the entirety of two playthroughs and never come across a time when I needed it. Dropping it inside Nipton Town Hall didn't do anything to the Legion Mongrels either.

[quote="willooi"
- All the 'strange meat' you find in otherwise-innocent enough people's places, revealing their dark secrets
[/quote]

Allways asked myself if they really meant the same with it than in Fallout 3, because as far as i remember you can find it even in some NCR-Army locations or other places where i wouldn't have guessed that they have such a secret.

-I really liked some house were you got a lot teddies and dinosaurs toys in in various positions and with different stuff witht hem. Like A dino and a teddy having knifes put between their arms as if they would fight each other.
I mean whenever i played around in some Construction Set from Bethesda i found it fucking annoying getting such little things in the right position.

-I loved the detail that went into the Repcon Headquater. I really liked that location.

Than again such location also lead me to recognize some 'empty' feeling locations even more. Hoover Dam for example - but i might have missed something besides the crate that holds the pair of armor.

Allways asked myself if they really meant the same with it than in Fallout 3, because as far as i remember you can find it even in some NCR-Army locations or other places where i wouldn't have guessed that they have such a secret.

Not necessarily NCR itself, but their supplier might be Iguana Bob's descendant, for example.

After you chase the kid around Freeside and obtain Euclid's C-finder from him, Veronica says, "Huh. Good thing the safety was on."

What a great game.

sea said:
To be fair, it's not like Hoover Dam is a place you'd expect to be absolutely full of random clutter objects... it's kept as clean and orderly as possible because it needs to operate smoothly. The real place is by and large the same.

That's right, but than again it's simply a big locations with tons of space, where i found really nothing to do nor some real eye-catcher.
I mean the whole 'turbine'-section seems to be good for nothing, or i just missed something there.

Back