The Power Armors

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by TinyTeeth, Sep 4, 2005.

1. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    that doesnt mean PA cant be dirty/painted.

a laser would burn through the dirt & paint, after which it hits the reflective surface thats meant to protect from energy weapons.

now that surface is probably bright & reflective to sunlight & such as well.

i dont know about you, but i'd WANT it painted and dirty, not shiny. you know how a scope reflection can give away your position from miles away? well, imagine being a walking reflecting tin can...

sure, PA is pretty much a walking tank, but tanks still dont like getting bazooka's or artillery zero'ed in on their ass.

2. PsychoSniper

PsychoSniper So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Jun 27, 2003
    I never said youd WANT it to look that way, Im just pointing out that a clean set of PA is reflective.

And yeah, I wouldnt want to get blasted due to shine either.

3. Sorrow

Sorrow So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Feb 9, 2006
    Can anyone point a 50sqe picture that shows anything resembling a F1 PA?

4. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    Well, there's Commander Cody who shows some of the influences in the helm, and some weird thingie that has nothing to do with armor, but looks a bit like it anyway.
    Here's another gas mask, but this one is more interesting, since it shows the children with gas masks that look more like Fallout 2's power armor, while the soldier on the right has a gas mask much more like Fallout 1's armor. Which proves even more wrong (as I was with the aerodynamics bit).

However, the <a href="http://blog.modernmechanix.com/category/robots/">robots all seem bulky and not as streamlined as Fallout 2's armor.

Also, this is really cool.
    Also, first ASCII art ever?
    Another thing that could interest some people, Transistors existed in 1952, and were implemented in computers as well.

EDIT: And how I could forget the best example, the Cylons, who, interestingly, also have a newer more 'streamlined' and modernized version, heh.

Also, this post has way too many links.
    Also, also this post has way too many also's.

5. Trevor Goodchild

Trevor Goodchild First time out of the vault

Mar 22, 2006
    I like the Fallout Tactics power armour most, out of the power armors. But my favorite armour in all of the fallout series is the leather jacket.

6. DGT

DGT It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 7, 2006
    While it's very true that the Advanced Power Armor was highly intimidating and generally wicked-looking, the Power Armor was (if to a lesser degree) as well, and, in my opinion, fit the Fallout world much better than APA. We won't discuss Fallout Tactics' armor, though.

7. Ghoullove

Ghoullove Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Apr 16, 2006
    See my avatar for the best Power Armour there is. Chicks dig a man in Enclave armour.

Ghoullove

8. Silencer

Silencer Night Watchman Staff Member Admin

Nov 7, 2003
    I hope you don't get many bruises, though.

9. Vox

Vox Vault Dweller

Jul 18, 2006
    F1 PA RULZ. (<OMFG)

Enough of that crap. Now only r33l wurdz... narghs!

If you paid attention to the Van Buren Power Armor, you maybe realized how ridiculous it looked. The cool bulky look of the F1 armor was gone and the shoulder armor looks unnecessery. The guy in the armor looked like a jerk.

http://www.rpgfrance.net/~frenchvault/i/sc/2005-02-07-20-55-15.jpg

10. chaosblade

chaosblade First time out of the vault

Jul 27, 2006
    So, I'm pretty much the only one who liked the F2 PA? :P

C'mon, 7 Feet of steel just say "I AM THE LAW" Stellone-In-Judge-Dread style :p

11. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    And the F1 Power armor wasn't 7 feet of steel? Hell, it was even more steel. Heh.

Also, Stallone sucked in that movie. I prefer the original thing. Something about Anthrax....

12. chaosblade

chaosblade First time out of the vault

Jul 27, 2006
    Point is, He stood there with his huge ass armor and scared the living hell out of folks. Just the right way to do it :]

And he doesn't need to speak at all, Either :p

13. Milo

Milo Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 5, 2006
    it looks a lot like the normal PA from FO1, its just that in the early form of the game the graphics weren't very polished, I assume they intended to touch it up later

14. Argonnot

Argonnot Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 27, 2004
    The Van buren PA in the shot lacked the sheer mass. Look at the tiny assed shoulder plating. Its not even gaurding the shoulders, its like some wierd assed decoration, to do with the satanic rituals of sacrificing puppies. Anyways, I prefer the T-51 power armour, as it just plain old looks better. I mean, when you look at APA, it looks like your upper half us a half circle. If it was yellow, you'd be the fucking sun on teletubbies.

15. nny_ix

nny_ix First time out of the vault

Aug 30, 2006
    um... anyone that questions power armor would do well to think +3 or +4 to strength and the whole Darth Vader affect without the whole dying thing... unless you count Horrigan. Dude, Power Armor, especially Advanced Mark 2, oh yes.

16. Bullseye

Bullseye First time out of the vault

Jun 1, 2006
    true, the strongest armor in the entire game is the advanced power armor mk2, but in the game it lookes like shit. your head is too low in the armor even though in the intro the armor does look cool. in Fallout 2 i still like to wear the regular hardened power armor untill i have to fight good old frank, only then will i wear the advanced powered armor.

17. RPGenius

RPGenius Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 10, 2005
    I liked the sunken head, made you look almost less human. I prefer the look of Power, but advanced is fun too. It's just too overpowered, and too easy to get. If it was made less easy to obtain, or a little less broken, I would've liked it a lot more.