The REAL Fallout 4

Todd is probably watching this thinking: "Damn, where'd they get the idea to remove all the dialogue? I wish I had to thought of that!" But it's clear whoever made this has a better grasp of the Fallout world and themes than Bethesda. Oh, it wasn't even supposed to be a Fallout!

I got this with Humble Bundle, so far it's great. This is my character Jack Mehoff.

IfkIfwu.jpg

I'm a bit tempted in getting it myself, it looks like fun and the writing is hilarious. It's fun just watching a playthrough though.

Todd is probably watching this thinking: "Damn, where'd they get the idea to remove all the dialogue? I wish I had to thought of that!" But it's clear whoever made this has a better grasp of the Fallout world and themes than Bethesda. Oh, it wasn't even supposed to be a Fallout!

There is dialogue though. Skip to around 15 mins in. The writing is excellent.

I'm a bit tempted in getting it myself, it looks like fun and the writing is hilarious. It's fun just watching a playthrough though.

There is dialogue though. Skip to around 15 mins in. The writing is excellent.
Oh, sorry, I only watched like 2 mins in. :sad:

This is great. It's like Fallout thematically and borderlands style writing and animation..but all with a twist

Edit: I'm a dumbass, wasn't supposed to just post vids without any text at all -___-

Okay, my thoughts for this game? Just need some tweaks here and there, and some more rebalancing so it wouldn't seem like stupid ass design decision conflicting with one another.

Last edited:
TotalBiscuit also covered it, looks neat.
But apparently it's balls-crushingly hard.

An interesting motivation to speed things up and clear out fast. Is it even possible to kill the SOB? If so, that'd make for a fun challenge depending on the loot.

An interesting motivation to speed things up and clear out fast. Is it even possible to kill the SOB? If so, that'd make for a fun challenge depending on the loot.
Maybe later on, but not at the beginning where I am. There's a stagger effect when you get hit hard and with his guns high rate of fire you're pretty much done if you decide to fight, believe me I tried, once to see if I could kill him and once because I got lost and ran right into him; all that in the tutorial dungeon to boot.

At first I was rather torn on wether this little gem was an homage or satire. But the more I watch it (haven't picked it up myself yet, but planning to), the more I'm convinced it's straight up a commentary on what happened to the Fallout franchise. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it certainly looks that way.

Only the complete idiots survived the apocalypse. The point of the game is to drink booze to get better stats. All you do is run a seemingly endless dungeon to pick up loot as fast as you can. I could go on, but you catch my drift.

Either way, whatever the creator's intentions, it is quite telling that the new Fallouts have more in common with this game than with the classics.

Back