Things you like from Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by Veers, Jan 15, 2020.

1. TorontoReign

TorontoReign ⛧卐⛧ Staff Member Moderator [REDACTED]

Apr 1, 2005
    Fixed.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Carbon Dated and Proud

Nov 26, 2007
    bobble-boy.gif

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  3. william dempsey

william dempsey Veteran of the psychic wars. [REDACTED]

Jan 23, 2022
    Thanks Giz. That has brought tears (tares) to my eyes.

4. Ulysses (Courier 5)

Ulysses (Courier 5) First time out of the vault

Nov 11, 2022
    There a just few things I like about fallout 3 which would be the world itself buildings, The general feel that the world is dead for the most part. the pitt and point lookout are good dlc's considering on what fallout 3 is. Other then that not much the world all though good like someone pointed out feels like the war just happened which makes it suffer due to it happening in 2277, Where radiation would have been much less as we have seen in the other fallout games.

5. RoadkillSoap

RoadkillSoap First time out of the vault

Nov 22, 2022
    Aesthetically really great, I really love the idea of John Henry Eden, and think that exploring the DC Ruins was fun, I also think that the Subway system is overhated and is probably one of the most intense, thrilling area's of the entire game, especially with some mods cranking up the atmosphere and difficulty.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Mirin Lurker

Mirin Lurker First time out of the vault

Oct 25, 2022
    Isn't John Henry Eden sort of a ripoff of the Shi Emperor anyway though?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. Morgan_

Morgan_ Duckerz

Jul 3, 2020
  8. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos A Smooth-Skin

May 12, 2020
    The Shi Emperor doesn’t really have a personality and I question whether it is supposed to be a sentient AI or just an advanced supercomputer. But the idea of a faction being secretly ruled by an AI seems to be directly ripped from the Shi

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  9. Morgan_

Morgan_ Duckerz

Jul 3, 2020
    I don't think a recurring concept in a franchise done differently would be a ripoff. No more a ripoff than the setting getting used again, supermutants being present or vaults being in each game. It's like saying New Vegas ripped off the first games because there is NCR or that House is too similar to The Master.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  10. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos A Smooth-Skin

May 12, 2020
    Well there’s a difference between reusing and/or expanding on factions and elements from previous games versus taking concepts that have already been done and applying them to new characters or factions. I suppose I agree that House and the Master are similar in that they are “genius” “immortal” beings that want to save humanity from themselves, so they are about as similar as the Emperor and JHE, who aren’t that similar beyond the basic concept.

I guess my point is I agree with you, John Henry Eden isn’t THAT much of a rip-off, but I don’t agree with most of the examples you provided.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022