Toons Of The Past

I used to watch the usual stuff like;
Ed, Edd and Eddy
Dexter's Lab
(I remember watching PPG at one point, and the reboot sounds and looks awful)
Fairly Odd Parents (This was only a bit as this was coming up to the end of my cartoon watching
Spider-Man
X-Men
Dragonball Z (I'm now reading the manga and I like it a lot better).
Guyver
Simpsons
Futurama

I feel like I missed out on a number of great shows.
There was one show called two friends and Jerry through which was pretty much South Park for kids. It was so shit but also pretty funny.

Nowadays, I'm mostly into comics and getting into Manga. Like many said, I can see the problems with Dragonball and Z, I like both, but I do see a drop in story quality, especially around the second half of the Cell Saga. I think the Buu saga tried to bring it back a bit, but then I think it just drops back down to "Goku is a hero", I haven't got that far yet through.
(Also, if anyone enjoys the Manga, I recommend Jaco which serves as a prequel to the series).

Probably because the character was sort of a joke on breasts. And we can't have any adult humor in a kids cartoon.
So glad I grew up when I did, none of this bullshit PC gender politics THINK OF THE CHILDREN nonsense back then, our cartoons were brutal and fucking awesome. Hell, Starfleet X had its main villain executed in the final ep for failing so hard through the show. And 80s kids movies were also brutal, because they were designed to teach kids a lesson about life and morality and all that good stuff, they didn't coddle them or try to protect them from the evil of the world.

Bah. The world sucks now :(

I will mention some of the cartoons I used to watch when I was a kid, some of them are not even that good but I still have a special place in my heart for them anyway:

I will start with anime:
  • Dragon Ball
  • Captain Tsubasa
  • Future Boy Conan
  • Saint Seya
  • Rurouni Kenshin
  • G-Force: Guardians of Space
  • Voltron: Defender of the Universe
Now other cartoons (if any of these has more recent versions I am talking about the 80's and 90's versions):
  • Pink Panther
  • Popeye the Sailor man
  • Vicky the Viking
  • Thundercats
  • He-Man
  • D'Artacan y los tres mosqueperros
  • Ren and Stimpy
  • The Simpsons
  • Looney Tunes (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Road Runner, etc)
  • Biker Mice from Mars
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • BraveStarr
  • The Tales of Boes' Gang
  • Cowboys of Moo Mesa
  • Danger Mouse
  • Superman
  • X-Men
  • Batman, the animated series
  • Captain Planet and the Planeteers (this one was so damn BAD :lmao:)
I feel old now :aiee:.
There are more cartoons I used to watch when I was a kid but my memory is not the best so if I remember any more I will post them later.

How could I forget Thundercats!? And Turtles (even though ours was known as Hero Turtles because lord knows we can't use the n word).

Extreme Dinosaurs was the bomb. I used to rent it pretty often at Blockbuster.
Nowadays, I'm mostly into comics and getting into Manga. .
Have you read Berserk? I just finished all currently written chapters, it's fantastic.

I recall many titles from this topic.:)
While i'm mostly an anime type of guy, but recall Gobots, Exo Squad, Transformers G1, Tom and Jerry, the both Voltrons, Thomas the Tank engine, Pink Panther, Biker Mice from Mars - some classics like He-Man, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Danger Mouse or Captain Planet went amiss, though.

My first anime was Time Bokan and i watched only a 20 minute piece of it being 8, unsubbed or undubbed with my dad and tried to figure out the story. Not to mention that i only recently found out how it was called.
With 14 i got back into anime with Cowboy Bebop and Neon Genesis Evangelion and so far watch every now and then, except for moe.

Oh, damn, I just remembered one, what was it called.....

Mm.....

Oh, I've got it. MASK! Hell yeah, combat racer in animated form :D

Well, this was the late 80s, early 90s. British television was super reserved back then, films were routinely censored or chopped up to remove 'offensive' content, cartoons had to be altered to be 'safer', and all that ridiculous bollocks. Britain's run by prudes lol

Well, this was the late 80s, early 90s. British television was super reserved back then, films were routinely censored or chopped up to remove 'offensive' content, cartoons had to be altered to be 'safer', and all that ridiculous bollocks. Britain's run by prudes lol

But... Its better now right?

Not a cartoon but don't think it's worth creating an entirely new thread to say I love Buffy the vampire slayer

Back