Two Broken Steel reviews

Dragula

Stormtrooper oTO
Orderite
If you did not have enough, here are some more reviews.

Gamer 2.0 8.8/10 <blockquote>"The ending you decide to take really has no bearing at all on events in Broken Steel minus a few dialogue changes, which really slumps the effects of Broken Steel considering you have no outcome at all to what happens. But in retrospect, the need for everyone to play the same story makes perfect sense as you play through Broken Steel."</blockquote>Worth Playing 8/10<blockquote>"I wasn't too thrilled with most of the new perks, such as the one that allows you to slowly reduce your rads over time — as if Rad Away were difficult to find in the game. Granted, it probably wasn't easy to think of something new and worthwhile for players to buff out their characters this late in the game, but there are a few others that have some potential for amusing fun. The "Puppies!" perk gives canine companion Dogmeat, if you have him, a form of immortality in case he's turned into super mutant chow. Another one, "Quantum Chemist," allows you to convert 10 Nuka-Colas at a time into the rare and Action Point-enhancing Nuka-Cola Quantum. The "Nerves of Steel" perk allows AP to regenerate faster so that you can obliterate your enemies more efficiently. "</blockquote>

Nice to see that "Minimum Grade is 8" rule is still holding strong. We had what? 1 review under 80 till now? (It was 78 i think)

I'm amazed that none of these writers point out something obvious.

Literally changing the ending of a game, should be the one thing that is a freebie to the fans. It's about like charging money for a patch.

Last morning I take a screen, that describe pretty well what Fallout 3 (+Broken Steel) made by Bethsoft is.

screenshot451.jpg

AMAZING BIG GUNZ BLAZING!!1! AND STUFF!1

The "Puppies!" perk gives canine companion Dogmeat, if you have him, a form of immortality in case he's turned into super mutant chow.
Has your girlfriend dumped you with your best friend? “Puppies!”
Does the boss tell you, they will need you no more? “Puppies!”
Is your world painted black? No worries, “Puppies!”

Just snap the “Puppies!” Perk and everything is coming out roses again. :clap:

Srsly guys, with a game philosophy that forgives and easily reverses whatever happens in the game, in order to not discomfort the gamer, the whole experience becomes a parade.
Challenge & Complexity are thrown in the dustbin and all that is left is a game bloated with elements for visual impression.

Fallout 3 declines more and more from the original idea. But I guess that’s old news.

cronicler said:
Nice to see that "Minimum Grade is 8" rule is still holding strong. We had what? 1 review under 80 till now? (It was 78 i think)
Indeed, it's quite amazing how every damn review ends up around there, either, it is that good and they are perfectly objective, or they are morons with no sense of what's good at all.

Dragula said:
cronicler said:
Indeed, it's quite amazing how every damn review ends up around there, either, it is that good and they are perfectly objective, or they are morons with no sense of what's good at all.

I vote for the second option... :)

Altra

Dragula said:
If you did not have enough, here are some more reviews.

Gamer 2.0 8.8/10
<blockquote>"The ending you decide to take really has no bearing at all on events in Broken Steel minus a few dialogue changes, which really slumps the effects of Broken Steel considering you have no outcome at all to what happens. But in retrospect, the need for everyone to play the same story makes perfect sense as you play through Broken Steel."</blockquote>

WTF this is making my BRAIN hurt. "Really this doesn't add a whole lot story wise to the game, and shows how this supposed "choice oriented sandbox rpg" really fails to live up to its claims. Overall the latest DLC is "almost perfect" in every way.

WTF!!!!!!! AGHRSDFHlsgjhghgsj *asplode*

I'm convinced that the scores are paid for, but the reviews aren't (as much). I've seen a lot of reviews that give 80 but give the sense the reviewer wanted to give a 70 or so. The "score" is the easiest thing to market, I guess (who has time to read!, heh).

"Bethsoft, we will do whatever it takes to get a good rating! Whatever it takes..." *drops to knees*

:shock:

Altra

cronicler said:

The other DLCs got lower, tho'. It looks like Broken Steel is genuinely better than Operation: Anchorage, unsurprisingly, and it's rating slightly higher than The Pitt.

O:A was fairly blasted.

Ulysses said:
I'm convinced that the scores are paid for, but the reviews aren't (as much).

I wish you guys would drop the whole "omfg bought!" thing. The industry doesn't work that way. Not because the companies have too high a moral set to consider buying review scores (really, if it was necessary they'd do so in a heart-beat) but because there's no need. Gaming journalism is way, way too dependent directly on publishers for revenue, both directly through ads and through getting hits in the first place thanks to exclusive content, to risk pissing anyone off. That's just how it works, no extra effort required.

My personal feeling is that The Pitt was probably the best of the three in the sense that it actually had some atmosphere but in general still wasn't very good. As a whole Fallout 3 was better off without add-ons.

Brother None said:

I wish you guys would drop the whole "omfg bought!" thing. The industry doesn't work that way. Not because the companies have too high a moral set to consider buying review scores (really, if it was necessary they'd do so in a heart-beat) but because there's no need. Gaming journalism is way, way too dependent directly on publishers for revenue, both directly through ads and through getting hits in the first place thanks to exclusive content, to risk pissing anyone off. That's just how it works, no extra effort required.

I mention that everytime someone tries to tell people, that game magazines are independent.

On a completly unrelated note: Is it weird to be proud that the lowest rating (78%) came from Germany?

Wow. Those perks sound awesome. It's so good and refreshing to see how much Fallout, a once nigh action- and explosionless, crappy and difficult 2D game, has improved over the years. All praise be to Bethesda and their intelligent game design.

:(

Back