Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Is this poll pointless?

• Total voters
I fucking love Mass Effect (so far)

I think that TFA was a decent movie but inferior to the prequels

I liked the Brexit outcome

I think that fat people shouldn't be shamed, but their lifestyle should not be "normalised" because it is unhealthy and damaging to the body

I think that open borders is a fucking disaster

Not a fan of bourbon biscuits

Beets are the king of vegetables. Taste like candy.

Cliff Burton's death was the end for Metallica.

Brunettes > blondes.

Will Smith's shtick is so played out. Christopher Waltz too.

Religions really need to pay taxes on their shit. No more free rides.

• AFFC and ADWD are the best books in the series
  • GoT sucks and is the worst adaptation i've ever seen
  • AMC's The Walking Dead is awful and a disgrace to the comic
  • Vento Aureo and Stone Ocean are two of my favorite JoJo parts
  • Giorno and Jotaro aren't boring
  • I really like Mass Effect
  • I like Pokemon Gen 5

Hundreds of indie devs, and several bigger studios, beg to differ.

Gaming is more alive and experimental than ever. People are just too pre-occupied with the latest hyped AAA games.

As for my unpopular opinions:
  • Black lives do matter.
  • Womens rights matter.
  • White (and male) privilege is an enormous problem.
  • Mainstream media is the best source for non-biased news. And factual news, for that matter.
  • Too many rich white dudes telling the world what to think on YouTube and other social media.
  • Capitalism is bad.
  • Superhero movies are silly, bad, idiotic, done to death and I want them to go away.
  • The Mass Effect series is one of the best game series ever made.

My unpopular opinion is the exact opposite of yours

- Black lives do matter. Of course they do, everyones life matters until they choose to do something that endangers someone else's life.
- Womens rights matter. I seem to be missing something here as I wonder what rights they are denied in a modern western nation.
- White (and male) privilege is an enormous problem. Another thing I seem to be missing is this statement that is not supported by any facts and just thrown out there. Statistically Asians have the most privilege as they are the highest earners holding the highest paying jobs and show the highest numbers of university enrollment rates.
- Mainstream media is the best source for non-biased news. And factual news, for that matter. I seem to think that most news outlets mainstream or not are just supporting there own viewpoint and nobody is showing all the facts
- Too many rich white dudes telling the world what to think on YouTube and other social media ok sure I don't see that but maybe you do
- Capitalism is bad. but still better then any other system out there judging by the metrics of which most nations are measured

I really don't care about your last 2 points

My most unpopular opinions

Equality as given by the state should mean everyone has an equal opportunity, but this does not mean an equal outcome.
Government is there to provide a service, not to babysit people.
People need to learn to be responsible for their own actions.

I just came here to shit on DS3 tbh, but no bait was taken. Good job

I love how this thread is a bunch of people agreeing that Mass Effect was good, TWD is bad, TFA was only semi-decent, and is now slowly being derailed into another politics/BLM/feminism thread already.

Fine then spoil my fun!

Mass effect is ok, but I never really got into it
The walking dead is great in both comic and show format but the comics are better
The force awakens is a good star wars movie but is still not better then the original three

Happy?

Feminism ends in the moment a lady buys new house and needs her furniture to be moved to the second floor.
No matter how kind you are, German kids are kinder.

Alright here's AlphaSlayerZX's list of random unpopular opinions.

• I think Steven Universe is now SJW pandering trash and I really dislike how Rebecca Sugar is forcing these things in the show.
  • Phantom Strider is worse than Enter. Infact, Phantom Strider is possibly one of the worst critics I've ever seen.
  • Scott Cawthon is a total hack. I do not think he's an actual good video game developer by any stretch of the imagination.
  • The lore of FNAF is overrated. It's so obvious he's just making stuff up as he goes and relies on his fanbase to help come up with the lore.
  • Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends is decent. Not great, not bad, just decent.
  • Wander Over Yonder is Craig McCrackens best show. Yes, I think it's better than the original PowerPuff Girls.
  • Finding Dory is mediocore.
  • Wall-E and the Incredibles are the best Pixar movies.
  • Fairy Tail is a garbage anime that represents everything that's wrong with mainstream Shonen anime.
  • Telltales only good games are the Walking Dead season 1 and 2.
  • Dexters Laboratory is very underrated.
  • Samurai Jack is Cartoon Network's best show of all time.

I love how this thread is a bunch of people agreeing that Mass Effect was good, TWD is bad, TFA was only semi-decent
Actually...
JO'Geran said:
  • I actually loved The Force Awakens. I understand why some people don't think it's a good sequel, but I thought it was a brilliant one, and really lived up to the original trilogy.
  • Dragon Age and Mass Effect are the most overrated series' in the history of overrated series'.
I guess I'm the unpopular opinion on the unpopular opinion thread.

Is it a popular opinion on this site that Mass Effect is a shit series?

It's kind of all over the place really.
People like, others will say you're the reason why gaming has turned to shit (no lie, someone sent me that on here about a year ago).

But the most anti- Mass Effect people have left.
I think Andromeda gets more hate, and even through I have massive issues with the company and the people who work there, I will give them credit if they pull out a very good game.

But I'm not planning on getting Andromeda until I build a PC anyway, so it'll be a few years (plus it'll be dirt cheap).

Back