Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Is this poll pointless?

• Total voters
Is it a popular opinion on this site that Mass Effect is a shit series?
Depends.

Do you see it simply as a fun game to waste some time?
As the best gaming experience that was ever created?
Or as the epidome of Role Playing Games?

Not all of those opinions are shared on this side equally.

Name 10 things the prequels did well. I Dare you.

1. Natalie Portman
2. Jar Jar Binks
3. Liam Neeson
4. Lamentation over the nature of sand
5. Jango Fett's SICK Mandalorian armor
6. Midichlorian power levels
7. Death sticks
8. Amazing 3D Visuals and Cinematography
9. Murder of Jedi children which made the movie D A R K E R
10. Natalie Portman

Seriously though, I had a very difficult time coming up with things to like about the prequels.

Depends.

Do you see it simply as a fun game to waste some time?
As the best gaming experience that was ever created?
Or as the epidome of Role Playing Games?

Not all of those opinions are shared on this side equally.

Fun game to play. Definitely never considered it the epitome of RPGs, though.

The first season is almost 100% spot on. And changes made in the second and third were mostly due to budget constraints. Though I must say that BS that went down in dorne was pretty unacceptable.
In terms of plot points, yes it was spot on, but they fucked up almost all of the characters.
Especially Eddard, Catelyn and Sansa

• I think kick ass 2 is just as good as the first. - nope - read the comics.
  • Supes killing zod isn't that big a deal. I'm more upset that there's no proper Clark Kent anymore. - DC movieverse sucks.
  • The amazing spider-man is actually good and does some things better than Sam raimi's Spiderman movies - some things yes. Other things very badly.
  • Men in black 2 is good. - the whole series is good.
  • Oblivion, like morrowind, is a great game with huge flaws - correction; good game.
  • Fallout 2 is considerably lesser than fallout 1 and New Vegas. - get out. Nah I just like 2 the best because it has the most to it.

I don't think Michael Bay deserves as much hate as he gets (his films are awful, but at least enjoyable).

I think he does. He ruins franchises much like Todd Howard and his cronies.

I enjoy Metal Gear Solid 4 & 5, but think the series should have stopped with 3.

Agreed.

World War 3 won't happen anytime soon.

Wrong. My thread is coming soon to elaborate.

Unpopular opinions, eh? How do we define popularity? Some places worship Bethesda, others not so much. I'll take a swing at it.

• Dragon Age sucks.
  • Mass Effect sucks.
  • Call of Duty sucks.
  • Most modern JRPG's suck.
  • Activision sucks.
  • Rayman sucks.
  • Sonic sucks.
  • Uncharted sucks.
  • Crash Bandicoot sucks. Gex rules.
  • Zenimax sucks.
  • EA sucks.
  • Ubisoft sucks.
  • Konami sucks the fuck.
  • Capcom is actually doing alright to bring this into seriousness. Out of all the companies that have fallen from grace they have at least tried to turn it around. They still suck.
  • Trump sucks.
  • Now even Fallout fucking sucks.
  • Elder Scrolls sucks.
  • The entire fantasy genre as it exists sucks.
  • Most of the people who live in my country suck.
  • You all suck.

Ten good things about the prequels? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

1. Jedis
  2. The Senate
  3. Clones
  4. Sidious
  5. Dooku
  6. Maul
  7. Clone Wars last thirty minutes.
  8. Chewbacca pointless cameo with yoda pal.
  9. Death sticks - II
  10. Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Especially Eddard, Catelyn and Sansa
I'll grant sansa could've been adapted better but she's damn close. The same could be said for cateltn but eddard was spot on imo. Only scene I miss from the books is when Robert tells eddard that the only thing keeping him from abandoning the throne is thought of jofferey on the throne with cersei whispering in his ear.

Also here's some more
  • The sopranos is just OK
  • Weeds (the TV series) was great the entire time.
  • David Croneberg's the fly is a goddamn masterpiece and people don't talk about it enough.
  • Terminator 3 is a good terminator movie.
  • Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull is a solid sequel.

Last edited:
I'll grant sansa could've been adapted better but she's damn close. The same could be said for cateltn but eddard was spot on imo. Only scene I miss from the books is when Robert tells eddard that the only thing keeping him from abandoning the throne is thought of jofferey on the throne with cersei whispering in his ear.

I remember that. Thought it was in the show too.

Ok my turn...

-Saying something isn't an RPG because it doesn't meet your personal requirements of an RPG is silly
-Planescape Torment is overrated, its a fine well told game with some really interesting story/rpg ideas but mechanically fails
-Frictional is an overrated and kinda sub par horror dev. Their games have good story's and exploration but fail as horror games.
-Bioshock is fine, good even but did not deserve the praise it got. I wanted system shock 3 dammit.
-deadspace did what bioshock was trying to do (be system shock 3) but but better
-Dark Souls games are good but git gud is an idiotic excuse to defend the games flaws (because all of them have their flaws)
-DOOM 4 is better than DOOM 1-2
-Mass Effect games are great games and RPGs.
-Fallout 3 and 4 are good games, but the criticism of dumbing down and poor writing are valid but are overblown.
-Farcry games are terrible
-No Mans Sky was alright, its not even bad.
-Fantasy isometric RPG's are over done and boring settings.
-"SJWs" have more of a point than "anti SJWs"
-Deus Ex HR is better than the first
-Just use someones pronouns honestly, making a big deal over it is silly.
-The Caliphates and early Islamic history is awful. But Muslims aren't anymore bad than any other religion.
-Its okay for a chick you're dating to be taller
-TFA is a good movie christ.

Fantasy nowadays is just fantasy WITH A TWIST! Some do it better some worse.

DOOM 4 is better than DOOM 1-2
Even with the brutal doom mod?
Fallout 3 and 4 are good games, but the criticism of dumbing down and poor writing are valid but are overblown.
Planescape Torment is overrated
-Deus Ex HR is better than the first
All of these are literally blasphemy.
Just use someones pronouns honestly,
Same. They say you're supposed to humor the delusional because it just makes things better for them.
TFA is a good movie christ.
Good movie. Great even. Terrible sequel.
its okay for a chick youre dating to be taller
That's actually one of my fetishes.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Brutal DOOM is fun, I just feel the new one has better structure and I prefer the more chaotic arena battles vs the rooms from before. Not saying that the old school room system is bad but the arenas are more intense and fun imo. The weapon alternate fire modes add a unique dynamic to the game and the upgrades/collectibles give more reason to explore. Also the game is gorgeous.

About the Deus Ex/Fallout things. Those are my personal feelings and opinions based on my experiences as a fan of both franchises. (one who played the games in order too) I feel deus ex the first issue was the stealth/shooting/upgrade mechanics were sub par and HR revolution made them good. Shooting is a satisfy stop n pop and stealth is miles better. It lacks some of the size and depth of player choice but the focus on augments over skills is for the best. I think Fallout 3 is more or less a fair implementation of fallout into a 3D space. It falls abit short in terms of writing but it simplified the skill system in a way i felt was good, the atmosphere was solid, the pip boy was brilliant, the early survival feel was great and exploration is fun. But the lore and writing short comings are really obvious but by far not the worst fallout game. 4 I have the most mixed feelings about. It has a lot of what i enjoyed from 3 but it feels like even more of a step back but I did enjoy it when I played it but idk how I feel now about it.

I feel regardless if you agree with trans gendered people or not for the sake of it I just say use the pronouns. Im hardly a LGBTQKSKJDKJBNAKJ warrior becuase im not part of the culture or familiar with it but I feel it only makes sense to use their correct pronouns. Because imo it doesn't really impede my life in anyway.

As for TFA I guess thats opinion really. Its not perfect but i like it as a star wars film so *shrug*

I think its abit weird if shes significantly taller but otherwise I think its abit silly for guys to be upset if shes like an inch or two taller.

Oh heres another one: Call of Pripyat sucks, the second STALKER game is good-ish and shadow of Chernobyl is the best of them.

'World War 3 won't happen anytime soon.'

'Wrong. My thread is coming soon to elaborate'

I'll like to see you try ahaha

I think Fallout 3 is more or less a fair implementation of fallout into a 3D space. It falls abit short in terms of writing but it simplified the skill system in a way i felt was good, the atmosphere was solid, the pip boy was brilliant, the early survival feel was great and exploration is fun. But the lore and writing short comings are really obvious but by far not the worst fallout game.

It really isn't though, they have a fundamental misunderstanding about what those classic games were about and that sentiment is echoed in almost every element of their games. You have a Fallout game where character builds do not matter and have no real barring on the game world. There are choices, but no real consequences. Fallout 3 and 4 are just as egregious as Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, they're just easier to swallow.

I agree with you that Human Revolution is a better game than the original, but for completely different reasons. I think the world spaces and the writing is much better in HR which makes the game feel larger than it actually is. The upgrade system is fine, but the game floods you with points and you can break the game really early on even on harder difficulties where the original game made you work for it. Don't wanna be shitty at shooting, gotta put points into pistols and actually be selective about what you upgrade because you can't max out everything.

The core difference between Eidos Montreal's Deus Ex and Bethesda's Fallout is the folks that worked on Human Revolution actually understood what that franchise was about and they understood its design philosophies.

• Jurassic park III is just as good as the first. But for different reasons
  • The Friday the 13th reboot was better than 90% of the franchise
  • Jason x is the best Friday the 13th
  • Jersey girl is a good movie
  • The first and sixth saw films are legitimately good films.

I mean Doom was never all about arena fights yall. Doom is...you know what? Go to my fucking Doom thread and see what it is all about. I'll serve you up a slice of your ass on Zandronum or ZDaemon.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/doom-thread-oto.205333/

Because the modding community for the last two Doom games is abysmal. Ya know the modding community that has been around since the 90's? Bethesda did to Doom what they did to Fallout. I don't care if it was really id or not. They have been corrupted by the Dark Side.

Granted it wasn't awful it just fucked up in ways it shouldn't have. It just ain't better than the first two. Better than 3? Probably but damn son you kids these days. Goddamn motherfuckers...

;)

*pulls spine out of demon and jams it up it's ass*

@R.Graves Jason X is not the best. The first three are. First 5 Saw movies are great.

The first three are horrible boring garbage. Jason x is at least fun.

No just one and six. Maybe three.

No you are wrong and you hate facts. The first Friday the 13th movie is a fucking classic and you should feel bad.

Back