Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Is this poll pointless?

• Total voters
People that watch only anime and nothing else are cringe. The word cringe is cringe.

People that watch only anime and nothing else are cringe. The word cringe is cringe.
Oh yeah anime is largely a meme. Tv animation is by it's nature a compromise and outside of fight scenes fail to really justify being animated for the most part. Most anime are barely animated. The only thing anime really has over manga is the OST. I'm never gonna be listening to a banger OST and be like "this sounded better in the manga"

I mean animation snobs are the fucking worst. Most of the cartoons we grew up watching are actually pretty shit animation wise but they conveyed the story and mood effectively so we liked it. Plus we were not so fucking snobby.

At some point people began to define themselves by the media they consume. Not sure when.

"we liked it"

I mean tbh y'all just didn't have anything better so you didn't know better. The whole point of animation is to move cool or look pretty. If it can't do that it may as well just be a comic which is itself an underrated medium at this point. Limited animation doesn't make a show unwatchable or even bad but it does kinda bring into question why bother animating something if it moving doesn't even matter to 90% of every scene

At some point people began to define themselves by the media they consume. Not sure when.
Bruh that's always been the case. Likely didn't become common for movies and stuff until VHS got popular tho

Imperial Nippon has raised the age of consent for noncing Japanese girls. This resonates through the world of anime freaks.

"we liked it"

I mean tbh y'all just didn't have anything better so you didn't know better. The whole point of animation is to move cool or look pretty. If it can't do that it may as well just be a comic which is itself an underrated medium at this point. Limited animation doesn't make a show unwatchable or even bad but it does kinda bring into question why bother animating something if it moving doesn't even matter to 90% of every scene

Bruh that's always been the case. Likely didn't become common for movies and stuff until VHS got popular tho

Hey man what I mean is at some point religion became less important and pop culture replaced it.

Imperial Nippon has raised the age of consent for noncing Japanese girls. This resonates through the world of anime freaks.

Now Japan is just like the southern US instead of downright abhorrent kiddy fuckers.

Jaws: The Revenge didn't deserve the critical panning it still gets.
Yup I get it the story doesn't make sense but all the Terminator sequels reviewed better and they make no sense either.
I think the acting was great, the cinematography was great.

There is only 1 Terminator sequel.
This. I watched every sequel after 2 recently and they are about as trash as people say they are. Even if there are some dumbasses that attempt to defend Salvation, even though that made the the future war look grey and drab as shit.

No success looking for that video where Dana explains how to do a Michael McCaine impression. I can nail it every time now.
Wish I could do Chris Walken. That takes some skillz.

quote-i-have-never-seen-it-jaws-4-but-by-all-accounts-it-is-terrible-however-i-have-seen-the-michael-caine-112-79-11.jpg

A cigar is just a fancy sausage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back