Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Is this poll pointless?

• Total voters
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is the best Frankenstein movie.
upload_2023-11-29_15-40-12.jpeg

In my headcanon, he is the voice of Big Boss, but Hayter is voice of Solid Snake. Although I found Hayter's delivery lackluster in basically anything past MGS2.
I like Hayer's style for younger Snake, or if I'm in the mood for something more campy. His voice is too different from Snake's face in mgs5. Hayter still sounds like a young man trying to be gruff. Sutherland just has the gruffness naturally.
But Richard Doyle was a better Big Boss.
Was he in 2 or 3? I never played 4.

Kinda excited for Snake Eater delta. Pushing two decades since I played it.

I like Hayer's style for younger Snake, or if I'm in the mood for something more campy. His voice is too different from Snake's face in mgs5. Hayter still sounds like a young man trying to be gruff. Sutherland just has the gruffness naturally.

Hayter's forced gruffness in MGS3 and MGS4 is what made me dislike him. He may have been spot on for Solid Snake in MGS1, but it became pretty apparent later on that the doesn't really have the range or real nuance to his voice acting. Compare voice acting in MGS3 between Japanese and English and it becomes pretty apparent how much emotion and character of Big Boss got lost thanks to Hayter's campy one note delivery.

With Sutherland it's a reverse situation. He has great range and is more than capable of bringing actual drama to his VA, but Venom is a borderline silent protagonist. Which might not be a bad thing in itself, given the thematic importance of language, vocal expression and silence in MGS5 (also well contrasted with Ground Zeroes).
Still, I kinda wish we could have heard more of him. His voice just goes perfectly with the character.

Last edited:
I find the forced gruffness charming, like Batmin.
MGSV was such a let down though. If they had the money to cast a great VA for Snake they should have bet all their chips but instead they walked away from the table early.

I find the forced gruffness charming, like Batmin.
MGSV was such a let down though. If they had the money to cast a great VA for Snake they should have bet all their chips but instead they walked away from the table early.

MGSV had a troubled production due to a strife between Kojima and Konami, which ended with his departure.

That being said, I very much like and appreciate MGSV. Although unfinished, it managed to tell it's tale rather well, with some rough edges and dumb cleavage.

The Fallout show will do well despite online butthurt from fans that don't matter because whether they use the old power armor or the new is irrelevant to 90 percent of the fucking population.

I mean fanboys are the worst to please. They could build a real power armor and people would say it looks fake.

I know this because people on youtube say IED footage looks fake when it is real.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so much an unpopular opinion. But me and my friend had a discussion the other day after doing a D&D campaign correlating raw damage and criticals irl. Criticals are like being shot with a .22 in the collarbone...Only to know that the bullet traveled downward to someone's heart and promptly fragmented. They don't look that injured but then they take two steps and fall over dead. Raw damage is more obvious- Eating every round from an AK-47. The damage looks severe but it didn't pierce any vital organs or arteries but more they're more likely to die from exsanguination or the resulting infection. He told me at least in D&D going for raw damage classes were more viable than critical based stuff just because criticals were determined by dice rolls and they were rare. Lest Fallout's luck system changed something and made critical based characters

Back