Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Is this poll pointless?

• Total voters
Esther Williams, Anny Ondra, to name but two.

Joan Blondell for that matter.
Joan_Blondell.jpg

@Topic, I prefer the first Dune film to the most recent; also the sand worm looked better in the first film, and did not look like a direct ripoff/recoloring of the D&D Purple worm.

Purple_worm_UA.jpg

Last edited:
Esther Williams, Anny Ondra, to name but two.

Joan Blondell for that matter.

@Topic, I prefer the first Dune film to the most recent; also the sand worm looked better in the first film, and did not look like a direct ripoff/recoloring of the D&D Purple worm.

I actually like the David Lynch Dune as well. It's always funny to hear David Lynch say: "it was a nightmare" in regards to making it, if only because of his unique voice.

I don't like the Witcher series or Baldur's Gate 3, because they practically require one handed gameplay at times.
I don't really care for those aspects of the game at all but enjoy other parts of them. I was happy to hear, I think it was Josh Sawyer, say that romance in video games usually feels too unrealistic and gamey. Which I agree with, people don't fall in love over a few criteria, skill checks, or being a decent person towards them. It feels ham-fisted too often for me. And it's not why I choose to play a game.

I don't really care for those aspects of the game at all but enjoy other parts of them. I was happy to hear, I think it was Josh Sawyer, say that romance in video games usually feels too unrealistic and gamey. Which I agree with, people don't fall in love over a few criteria, skill checks, or being a decent person towards them. It feels ham-fisted too often for me. And it's not why I choose to play a game.
Honestly makes me appreciate New Vegas didn't fell into that trap because you know by 2010 that shit was starting to seep into several games. You can blame it on Mass Effect for making it popular.

Honestly makes me appreciate New Vegas didn't fell into that trap because you know by 2010 that shit was starting to seep into several games. You can blame it on Mass Effect for making it popular.
Yeah it really was popular then. Seems to be something BioWare was into for awhile or maybe always I have no clue. I only have played a handful of their games.

I like BG3 a lot but you could remove all of the romanceable aspects of it and I'd be pretty neutral or somewhat positive about it. I don't feel it adds a lot to the game and at points, it felt really unnatural when characters I had helped but not journeyed with at all were making hints to me. Yes Wyll, I don't want you to be eternally damned and whatnot. I want you to live a better life for yourself given the cards you were dealt and all. No, I don't want to dance with you or be intimate though and none of the assistance I provided you warrants it lol

At least in the Witcher series it's established that Geralt has history with Triss and Yennefer, so a romance doesn't come out of nowhere.

At least in the Witcher series it's established that Geralt has history with Triss and Yennefer, so a romance doesn't come out of nowhere.
Yeah that's true. Though I don't know how much of a romance exists between him and Triss in the books because I've never read them myself.

We were slightly harsh on Harris back in the day, yes he was annoying as fuck but tech ichally he did make the first total conversion Fallout mod.

I like BG3 a lot but you could remove all of the romanceable aspects of it and I'd be pretty neutral or somewhat positive about it. I don't feel it adds a lot to the game and at points, it felt really unnatural when characters I had helped but not journeyed with at all were making hints to me. Yes Wyll, I don't want you to be eternally damned and whatnot. I want you to live a better life for yourself given the cards you were dealt and all. No, I don't want to dance with you or be intimate though and none of the assistance I provided you warrants it lol
I also agree it doesn't add to the game (nor, to me, particularly hurt the game). I think BG3 is a really good game, but not for the romance. The story is good, the voice acting, the production quality. It's a deep game, I discovered more stuff every playthrough.

Their anti-microtransaction stance is also a brave one.

Some people do not like the NPC quest lines but I fully enjoyed Laezel's, Shadowheart's, and Astarion's especially and romance was not necessary. I'm still in a pen and paper RPG group for the last 25 years and if anyone tries to bring "I want to seduce the NPC" into it they are discouraged from that nonsense unless it directly relates to the quests somehow.

Also, with the bisexual nature of the NPCs, and the light "woke" content in the game, it leads to the some of the shittiest online poo slinging threads I've seen since 2020 election year.

The steam discussion boards are 99% complete shit for this game, either pro or against the "woke" content. Even as a conservative, I just want to tell them to STFU and either enjoy the game or not purchase. I'd rather discuss whether the game was good or not and not get into the political posturing.

I'm usually the type of person that get's soured on a product based off of things others can easily ignore. Especially if it's something I have heard continuous praise for, it's almost an automatic response.

In newer games the relationships feel like a gimmick. You can pick from the start who you want to bang.
Older games like BG2 you could be long into the game before even starting a romance line.

I feel like Cyberpunk's world would be scarier to live in than Fallout's. At least in Fallout, the world died and got a fresh start. Baptized by fire as some would say. Begin Again as the theme of Fallout has always been. And i dont fault that many doing what they need to to survive. In Cyberpunk, i feel like the world stagnated at some point and slowly rots and goes into decay. And most beg for its death and abrupt end or for something to change Plus consistent corpo surveillance. Cyberlization=dehumanization. Everybody is horribly corrupt. Lord knows if you actually criticize the political landscape or the police. And the police "coincedentally" show up "too late" to your crime scene.
By most- The world of Cyberpunk prays to begin again but it never comes. People in power 100 years ago are still in power thanks to sciences and medicine tech.

Back