UP and RP updates

Thanks! It means a lot that at least someone is replying.

This is what's stated in ddraw.ini:

Does that mean it searches the script folder? Since the scripts appear to be in the root folder maybe I need to change something here?

----------

I don't understand this so I just activated the Fallout2Tweaks Highlighting instead. Funny thing though is that the fo2tweaks ini says: "delete data/scripts/gl_highlighting.int if present". But since the gl_highlighting.int is in the root folder and not data/scripts I didn't have to delete it for it to work.

Does anyone know if my scrips are placed in the wrong folder and how they ended up in the wrong place if that's the case?

the simplest way to know where did it install is to know where are global files gl_g_*.int files. The gl_ generally means it's a global script gl_g_ generally means it's a global script by burn (sort of prefix stuff discussed somewhere in this subforum). they may as well be hidden in \mods\scripts\glscripts or something like that.. or simply burn decided to pack everything into a.dat archive and be done with it...

the gl_highlighting.int shouldn't be deleted by any menas.. to disable gl_highlighting.int features, go to sfall-mods.ini and disable stuff there, the gl_highlighting.int is nessecary for example for [control combat] mode=3 in sfall-mods.ini . Without it mode=3 may not function.. it is only said to delete it, so that the golden rule of only one global script messes with given stuff.. so not two or more different global scripts mess with given thing, but only one.. else troubles such as crashes come in.

and if you enabled highlighting in fo2tweaks.ini and it works, that generally means it's instaled correctly..

as I said before the RPUv26 stuff is packed into .dat archives, so chances are gl_highlighting.int is there too. so you might actually end up with an epmty data\scripts folder and everything will be fine as well... the only question remains unanswered where does fo2tweaks keep it's scripts, given that they do work...
As i said b4 look around the other folders for them.. they are named gl_g_<filenamehere>.int there are quite few of them, and all must be present in order for fo2tweaks to work.
of scripts folder is empty, try mods folder and any subfloders it has.. also be mindful of any .dat files you encounter in fallout 2 folder or fallout 2\mods folder that are other than critter.dat and master.dat , as they too may contain the fo2tweaks global scripts. the name of the dat.file should give a hint what it contains if it's custom, only critter and master dats are native to the vanilla game ( possibly patch 000.dat too contents of the official 1.02 patch) all rest is modder content.

I'm unsure if any sfall-features work. [control combat] mode=3 does not work for example.

Last edited:
that's because you need few global scripts in the global scripts folder in order for it to work namely gl_highlighting.int partycontrol.int to name a few. Perhaps you've messed up something with the RPU installation?
in my RPUv26 global scripts were installed in data\scripts folder and restoration project & mods were packed into .dat files and kept in mods folder..

this way everything seemes to work.

I've seen in the email that You had a question regarding dunton brohers, but since it's gone now, i guess you have it covered..

in the afternoon ( arount 16:00 or 17:00) they visit Sajag's bar. they roam around there,

Last edited:
Yeah I solved the issue with the Dunton brothers. I have to look into the other stuff later.

I have no dialogue options to get the Trapper Town key from Slim. Can that be because I already have the one you can get from the "yellow" dog if you give it jerky? I can still see Slims key in his barter inventory, so I can trade for it. It says here that you can convince Slim to give it to you, or offer to sleep with him to get it. But I don't have either of those options.

Kill the rat god
is an unmarked quest, I would like all quests to be marked actually.

trapper town key line only shows up if the first time you talk to him and you don't have the trapper town key on You yet, anyways either steal it from him or feed the poor pooch.

As for the rat god, this quest shows up only as crossed out, this makes sense since nobody gives you the quest to kill it, but if you do it everyone in trappertown says thank you for doing it. So in a sense, it does get marked as "done", but isn't marked as "active" before killing it.

Makes sense I guess. You cannot tell anyone about the Mr Handy robot being the "ghost" either, right?

Last edited:
Makes sense I guess. You cannot tell anyone about the Mr Handy robot being the "ghost" either, right?

As far as I know, no..

however the robot thing might play a role with torr, if you want to get the most out of klamath good karma wise. seems stupid to take the evil path and turn duntons in that way to get most karma but it's the truth.

Yeah I solved the issue with the Dunton brothers. I have to look into the other stuff later.

I have no dialogue options to get the Trapper Town key from Slim. Can that be because I already have the one you can get from the "yellow" dog if you give it jerky? I can still see Slims key in his barter inventory, so I can trade for it. It says here that you can convince Slim to give it to you, or offer to sleep with him to get it. But I don't have either of those options.

Kill the rat god
is an unmarked quest, I would like all quests to be marked actually.
I seem to remember that if you already have the key from the yellow dog you won't get the dialogue to get the key from Slim. I normally stash the dog's key in the container nearest Slim. I can then get both keys. Technically neither key is needed since the lock can be picked as normal and the skill check didn't appear to be higher. Slightly irrelevant but if you don't lock the door behind you then kids tend to follow you in there. If/whenever v.27 is uploaded i'll get a rat to follow me out and then lock the door behind it just to see if anything happens. NB - Some of the dialogue is different with Brain in Gecko if the rat god is still alive, but that doesn't alter any of the quests. The rat god can be killed later if you don't want/need the experience points this early in the game.

I don't understand this so I just activated the Fallout2Tweaks Highlighting instead. Funny thing though is that the fo2tweaks ini says: "delete data/scripts/gl_highlighting.int if present". But since the gl_highlighting.int is in the root folder and not data/scripts I didn't have to delete it for it to work.

Does anyone know if my scrips are placed in the wrong folder and how they ended up in the wrong place if that's the case?
If your gl_highlighting.int was in root directory, it means that RPU installation did not complete successfully (specifically, this script). You can review backup/rpu/log.txt to try and determine what went wrong.

backup/rpu/log.txt
Thank you! I can't even find backup/rpu/log.txt. I will keep my saves and do a full re-install.

e: Files are in the correct places now!

How the hell do I do the rest? I will never understand which link you should use to get those new maps...

The files come in two types. One is the raw files (art, maps, scripts, text, etc) - a lot of the art has been changed, overriding your original files is necessary and its permanent, so make a backup if you're worried. For lovers of files, download and have a look at the stuff.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ug46yrv35asu81j/rpu_2.7.rar/file

The second is the RPU.dat file that overrides version 2.6 in the mods folder - again make a backup if you're worried. The RPU.dat has new critters for Cat Jules as well as all the raw files in their proper folders.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k8z6ojjq4xj1lgn/rpu.rar/file
Do I use the files from both links or just the second one?

e2: Holy shit! I've been trying to get Fallout 2 to run since early September.

Last edited:
The RPU dat. file needs to go inside the mods folder - that's all. Override any RPU.dat file there.

The other files are for people who want to go through the individual files and see what has changed with this new build. They are separate files, do not use both in the game. Just use the dat.

Thank you for your help! I re-installed everything and it appears to be as it should. Do you think it's safe to keep the save from my previous install or should I start anew just to be safe? When I load my last save from the previous install everything looks as it should but who knows?

Remember report any bugs, etc. You can tell it's the latest map if the concrete corner tiles have round edges, as well as other little trickery.

The new maps look great, I hadn't thought about little details like rounded corners before. But I have been comparing to pictures of Klamath on Google and it indeed looks much better now.

In regards to my old saves I think I will just start anew. Better safe than sorry.

I just did a fresh install of GOG's FO2, installed RPU v26, then put FO2Tweaks and Better Miria mod.
Started a game. The outside of the Temple of Trials was normal, I could navigate the whole map, but inside the Temple of Trials I can't go up, it's like that's the end of the map.
eLldJuW.png

I just did a fresh install of GOG's FO2, installed RPU v26, then put FO2Tweaks and Better Miria mod.
Started a game. The outside of the Temple of Trials was normal, I could navigate the whole map, but inside the Temple of Trials I can't go up, it's like that's the end of the map.
eLldJuW.png
Assumption: Try temporarily disabling HRP or set F2_res.ini: IGNORE_MAP_EDGES=1

Assumption: Try temporarily disabling HRP or set F2_res.ini: IGNORE_MAP_EDGES=1
Didn't work... dumb me should have tried starting a new game to see if it would happen again, I just tried another fresh install and started a new game to check each time I did a change (installed RPU > FO2Tweaks > Better Miria > changed to windowed > changed resolution > each change I did in Sfall or FO2Tweaks like skip intro, disabled new Lenny appearance, removed party limit, set to party control, etc) till I'm finally using the exact same config from the previous install and I didn't get the bug lol
Well, all that is left is creating a bald character....

Theoretically, RP would already have the city limit patch built in, so is this compatible with single location mods? As long as the mod doesn't tape up the same (another location's) square on the World Map?

Hello. New member.
I did a clean install of FO2, then clean install of RP latest version. Everything looks to be working correctly except a few things.
Most notable is I never get any gecko pelts after killing them.
And smaller things I noticed, the junk piles (bottles) and light tan crate piles used to be searchable in the original game weren't they? They aren't in RP.
Other than that, I'm really digging this! Thank you for all the hard work. When the first fallout and then 2 each came out, I was all over them like flies on honey! It's amazing to see others dedicated to them after these decades and making these awesome mods the take them up a notch!
Rock on

Back