UP and RP updates

does the graphics mode make a difference? basic and DD7 give me black screens, but game seems to be running in the background.
Not on fallout2.exe. They might make some difference when running the game with Fallout2HR.exe. This still doesn't solve the problem with the ddraw override, but I don't now where exactly is the problem with your setup.

Ok, thank you for your help. If nobody else can help, I will buy an old laptop with windows.

Have you tried setting DLL overrides for ddraw.dll in winecfg?
newer sfall readme said:
For Wine users:
You need to set DLL overrides for ddraw.dll to 'native, builtin' in winecfg or use WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ddraw=n,b" to run Fallout from the command line. If you want to play alternative sound files, you'll also need to install GStreamer Good 32-bit plugins.

I am using Bottles as a frontend for Wine 8.0.2 (Linux Mint 21.2 64bit)
So far I tried:

WINEDLLOVERRIDES='ddraw.dll=n,b' wine fallout2.exe

WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ddraw=n,b" wine fallout2.exe

WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ddraw=n,b"

None of these worked. I am a Linux noob, so how would the command line look, when using the terminal?

Bottles Dll.png

Last edited:
@Blacksun

Can you write and add in both winecfg overrides thing and the bottles override thing
Code:
ddraw

Just that single word, no quotes, no nothing else. And see if it works. If not, please post updated screenshots of bottles & winecfg.

It works!!! Thank you so much!

One more problem: I can't save, because the game does not recognize neither laptop or usb keyboard.

Not sure about that one, maybe you can set in ddraw.ini

Code:
BackgroundKeyboard=1
BackgroundMouse=1

Edit: Was keyboard working in vanilla fo2?

One more question:

Should i update Sfall to 4.4.1? And if so, should I also overwrite ddraw.ini or not?

I posted this as its own thread, but now I'm wondering if I should have posted it here (mods, feel free to delete one or the other--I hardly know what I'm doing).

Hello, lead writer of the RP and original voice of Cassidy here. Now that I'm about twenty years older, I've re-recorded all my Cassidy lines. This was something I'd been wanting to do for a while, but I was finally spurred into action by the folks behind the Fallout 2 RPU Talking Heads Mod.

I know some people have taken up the task of updating the Fallout RP, and that they had some other dude record Cassidy's lines, but I'm going to post my new recordings here and I give full permission to anyone to use them as they wish (with credit of course; ignore the misspelling of my surname here, it's Dravian). I prefer this new vocal take on Cassidy as it's not pitch-shifted like my original lines were.

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i'll ask anyway.

At the moment i'm playing RPU v26 and i noticed that bonus rate of fire is gone from the game. Looking it up with the Fallout2 Explorer SE, turns out the min. lvl. requirement has been set to 999, effectively removing the perk.
Is this intentional bc. the perk was OP? Didn't find a mention of it in any changelogs though.

Thanks!

Just started to play the RPU and got one question. Are there a way to set up screen resolution 960x600? I've got a 16:10 monitor and play with 800x600 but it is a bit blurry. Manual setting of 960x600 through f2_res_config results in error.

Back