Video game cover discussion

Makenshi said:
Here's one great cover, imo:

Yeah, I agree, though I've never played the game.

I have kept an old promotion CD from some computer mag from the time this game was released - it contained some program trials on it, and the demo of this game.
The CD and cardboard box cover is exactly this, and it is the only real reason I still keep it - demo was broken, and of all the programs, only Total Commander is useful.

SWAT 4 urinates on those games. Too bad it wasnt as commercially successful.
I've been breaking my weed up on this lately:
600full-sam-%26-max-hit-the-road-cover.jpg

Makenshi said:
Hope you play it asap, best squad based FPS ever.

I'm not so sure about it. I'm neither an FPS or Star Wars fan, but maybe I'll take a look one day. Things would be different if the stupid demo worked. :lol:

Best cover ever:

qpsL1iBXPompxj0bLvS9x1Nfo1_500.jpg

Can't find the US cover though.

Guiltyofbeingtrite said:
Is this it?

Could be, I'm not sure. The logo is different, and it is missing "The".
Also, labels are different, but that could be due to licensing - I'm not really knowledgeable about that.

Edit: Yeah, that's the one.
Good cover, but nothing can beat the cheerful faces of Hussein and Clinton as they shake hands.

Two of my favorite SNES covers. I wish they would bring back Zombies Ate My Neighbors, but they would probably fuck it up.

Atomkilla said:
I loved those games. Never seen the Zombies cover though.

I am a big TMNT fan. They made a sequel to Zombies called Ghoul Patrol, but it was pretty horrible.

While I am not a fan of Persona 3, here is a very jarring example of cover differences

Japanese Version:
P3Jbox.jpg

It has original artwork made for the cover, it looks nice.

European Version
Persona_3.jpg

A messy work of Photoshop, just a bunch of character art from the artbook and game smushed together

USA version
P3box.jpg

While the european version was a messy Photoshop, this one is just.... fuck. You can do better in MSPaint

Edit: I also like how the game is CERO (For everyone) in Japan, +12 in Europe, but M +17 in USA.

Here's one I remember, but had no idea what the game was about:

top-10-box-arts-20040727050745944_640w.jpg

I had MULE for the old NES, and I didn't realize that the cover for the original is pretty spot on:

top-10-box-arts-20040727050750021.jpg

Compare to what I knew:

nes-mule.jpg

^

All of those covers look very good, but yeah, original M.U.L.E. is way better.

Some covers featuring ninjas:

250px-NinjaGolf.jpg

ninja_scooter_simulator.jpg

Rafa_Nadal_Tennis.jpg

Ah, I love that game, even though I've never finished it.
Acquiring that game and playing it for a first time is a fond memory of mine and a funny story.

Back then I had no computer, just a counterfeit of NES, but I loved video games. My then best friend, however, had a PlayStation and a PC, so I used to hung out at his place almost every day. We went through tons of games he had, and after playing most of them, got bored, and decided to get a new one.

So a friend of ours in school suggested lending us this awesome game where you play "an alien who shoots electricity out of his hands". That vague description got us to imagine everything from alien version of Tekken to a, as I guessed, sf adventure akin to Tomb Raider.

Next day, our friend gives us the original CD (which was an rare thing to see), and the two of us are bit in doubt because of the game cover. We were laughing out loud after starting it since it was...well, not something we hoped for. So we ditched the game for the time being.

However, after some time we got back to it. I still remember solving some levels. Unfortunately, friend's PC broke down, so we returned the CD, never finishing it. Still, it is a fond memory.

Back