Villains of Fallout

Shame that the Shadow mission only allows you to kill your opponents and not apprehend them like a superhero. I think with a better dialogue system and proper design, that quest could have been better.

Values Dissonance was an issue there because you were the Shadow not Batman and the Shadow did kill his opponents. He was also pretty much out of focus by the 1950s since that was when Superman had his own television show.

As for killing Kellogg, the only emotion I recall my character ever emoting was anger. That was it. The player should have been allowed to dictate the level of anger they had at that point (like have it lessen as the SS learns that Kellogg was merely following orders or restraining their anger to learn more about why Shaun was kidnapped).

I don't think the Kellog quest was poor, cigar sniffing or not, but it was out of order. You should have found out about Kellog's house, gone to the Memory Den, found his memories in their archives, explored them, then found out where he was holed up.

Then you should have had the option to kill or spare him.

I don't think the Kellog quest was poor, cigar sniffing or not, but it was out of order. You should have found out about Kellog's house, gone to the Memory Den, found his memories in their archives, explored them, then found out where he was holed up.

Then you should have had the option to kill or spare him.
This would have been a better set of events for the quests. Shame something that obvious was not in the mind of Bethesda's writers.

Values Dissonance was an issue there because you were the Shadow not Batman and the Shadow did kill his opponents. He was also pretty much out of focus by the 1950s since that was when Superman had his own television show.
Sure, but I think it may be better for alternatives to the quest (like characters referencing the Shadow's modus operandi not matching the radio shows). It would enhance replayability and with skill-checks, one could role-play as someone like Batman (knows a lot about certain areas of science and mechanics).

So few villains mentioned.
Most fallout games have a pair of main villains, one for the action, and one as the boss of the organization.

1. The master is the one with the plan, but he and the lieutenant, who is more physically active, can be beaten in any order. Plus, the lieutenant was cannonically beaten last. On top of being a great opponent, thelieutenant also represent what the master is trying to achieve, the perfect super mutant.

2. Frank horrigan is super strong and beaten last, but represent nothing in the big picture. He is just a grunt. Your true opponents are dick richardson and the enclave.

3. Same here. Autumn for the action. But Eden is the lead, the one with the plan to poison the water.

New vegas. Caesar is the boss of the legion, but your last opponent is lanius. He is a legend, a fighter, an martial, ideologist, and there is an entire set of endings devoted to him taking charge of the legion. There is also a pair of main antagonists e if you face the ncr with oliver/kimball. ( House and Benny can be big antagonists too, but they could be defeated much earlier, without much fanfare)

Tactics. The mastermind of the war with machine is the calculator, a super computer, but the opponent that meansx the most for the player character is Simon barnaky, who act a a final boss before dealing with the calculator itself.

Bos. This one only have one main opponent, attis, a master wannabe. ( voiced by the same actor who does the lieutenant in fallout 1)

Even before fallout, wasteland 1, the game that inspired the fallout series had a pair of main antagonist, the super computer from the cochise base and irwin john Finster, who have a more prominent role, but dies earlier.

Dunno about fallout 4t, but for 5 of the other titles, the "main antagonist" is a pair.

Last edited:
Most fallout games have a pair of main villains, one for the action, and one as the boss of the organization.

1. The master is the one with the plan, but he and the lieutenant, who is more physically active, can be beaten in any order. Plus, the lieutenant was cannonically beaten last. On top of being a great opponent, thelieutenant also represent what the master is trying to achieve, the perfect super mutant.

2. Frank horrigan is super strong and beaten last, but represent nothing in the big picture. He is just a grunt. Your true opponents are dick richardson and the enclave.

3. Same here. Autumn for the action. But Eden is the lead, the one with the plan to poison the water.

New vegas. Caesar is the boss of the legion, but your last opponent is lanius. He is a legend, a fighter, an martial, ideologist, and there is an entire set of endings devoted to him taking charge of the legion. There is also a pair of main antagonists e if you face the ncr with oliver/kimball. ( House and Benny can be big antagonists too, but they could be defeated much earlier, without much fanfare)

Tactics. The mastermind of the war with machine is the calculator, a super computer, but the opponent that meansx the most for the player character is Simon barnaky, who act a a final boss before dealing with the calculator itself.

Bos. This one only have one main opponent, attis, a master wannabe. ( voiced by the same actor who does the lieutenant in fallout 1)

Even before fallout, wasteland 1, the game that inspired the fallout series had a pair of main antagonist, the super computer from the cochise base and irwin john Finster, who have a more prominent role, but dies earlier.

Dunno about fallout, but for 5 of the other titles, the "main antagonist" is a pair.

You know, I'm gonna be honest, I LOVE the idea of some kinda super computer trying to take over after the bombs fell. Just the idea of an AI going rouge and taking advantage of the fresh slate is just SO cool to me. It gives an easy reason to have a smart villain. Plus, the idea of a computer being the main villain just makes me giddy thinking about what they would talk about. What their reasoning is for why they're doing what they do. How do they do things while just being a computer. So interesting!

Being voiced by Jim Cummings and Tony Jay helps too.

Dunno about fallout 4t, but for 5 of the other titles, the "main antagonist" is a pair.
Yeah, I'm sorry about that. For a single 10-20 minute video, I didn't want to overdo it, although I am thinking of doing a part 2. I definitely agree with your statement about Fallout 2, I was pretty disappointed in myself for not including Dick Richardson, a prominent example of how extreme American patriotism can be looked upon at a different angle by an opposing individual (With Richardson believing that everyone who has been living in the wastes is a mutant.. and you, your village, and everyone else you've ever met fit under that category)

Back