Wasteland 2 Beta Out!

Hey @Nark and @Lexx. Should be back over the next couple days. Not sure what happened but I think it got deleted... needs to be re-imported from the old forum.

Last edited:
In worst case, you could setup a new empty board for now. :p

Would it be much of a challenge to merge the old forum with a new temporary one, once it's recovered? Just a question, not a suggestion.

I think its safe to say that this game is awesome. I've only played a scant 1.5 hours but it was enough to show me that this game will provide a ton of quality game play, especially if later on we'll be seeing some mod-ability added to the game, at which point the skies the limit. Having Mark Morgan do the music for this game really helped it a great deal, this guy seems to be able to capture the spirit of post apocalyptic ambient/trance/dubstep(i kid). The graphics are quite well done, nothing spectacular but on maximum detail its got quite a nice polished look to it. I don't know why people are saying it feels like a "very" early beta. It doesn't at all seem like that. It seems largely like a fully fleshed out game that is in need of candid feedback about everything to help improve it. Bottom line is that if you know anyone that enjoyed F1-2, they will love this game to pieces, unless for some reason they are just absolutely attached to ONLY getting 1 player character and ONLY having the atomic age post nuclear vibe. I think everything this game offers is definitely working big time in its favour though.

Bottom line is that if you know anyone that enjoyed F1-2, they will love this game to pieces, unless for some reason they are just absolutely attached to ONLY getting 1 player character and ONLY having the atomic age post nuclear vibe.

I would def prefer this :(. I'm sure I'll like wl2, but if I whine enough about it do you think I could get inexile to make a fo clone?

Then it get cracked and downloaded immediately...
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/pMhfbLRoGEw?hl=ko_KR&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/pMhfbLRoGEw?hl=ko_KR&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Pirate!

Hey! But what's so terribly wrong with the FPS in this beta? The graphics are around 2010, that's ok I can live with that, but with FPS around 10-15 I definitely can't! My GTX 780m can't simply chew up this game. Anyone having the same issue?

Issue resolved: just switch the global settings to NVIDIA and you're all set. Worked for me, at least.

So, I played yesterday quite a bit and I must admit it seems like a quite a robust RPG, promising a lot of depth. And yes, UI needs overhaul, but otherwise I enjoyed it better than I expected.

I get to report my first bug! woo!

Not sure if I should report it now or compile a list first. I guess I'll log in to the site and see how they want me to do it.

The bug is this though: the game won't load any of my save games anymore. It just sits there on the loading screen and the counter in the bottom just keeps going up. I let it try to load overnight and it still hadn't loaded after 8 hours or so. Guess I'm starting over. lol

Anybody here in the beta know where the save games are located for Wasteland 2? I noticed that it was just save games in Highpool that I was having a problem with so I wanted to include a save file from Highpool that won't load and a save file from earlier in the game that does load. But since I couldn't find them, I didn't supply them. I made a comment about that in my bug report. Perhaps they'll get back to me, tell me where they are and then I can send them to them. I think it'd be easier for them to figure out what's wrong that way.

Anyway, even though earlier saves work, I'm thinking of just starting all over again. Not really liking my party configuration right now. I had my medic be a handgun expert but that turned out to not be a good idea because they got knocked unconscious and then I had no one to resuscitate her. So I had to level up one of my other characters and give them surgeon so they could bring them back to life. Wasted a lot of skill points doing that.

My new idea is to make my sniper the medic. That way, he/she can hang back in combat away from closed quarters and (hopefully) always be alive to heal people who do get knocked out. We'll see what happens. :p

Yeah, you're right. I searched my hard drive for "Wasteland" and it never came up. Stupid Windows Explorer. >_<

Yeah, search in kinda fucked in Windows 7, if that's what you're using. You gotta make sure that the folder (or parent folder) is set to index in search indexer (in this case, My Documents, or My Games). For some reason this is always necessary for me but only when it's in a Library. (which My DOcuments is). So it's just dumb with Libraries. Anyway to get it to work, you ALSO need to enable "index contents as well as file names". Then it should work.

Guess I'm starting over. lol

Did you try loading an old save that does work, then loading your most current? Sometimes it is a worldspace initialization issue (prob an array index) and this will bypass it.

I only wish this were half the game that danielje thinks it is. I had a few glimpses of fun, but was far too limited in the gameplay and combat. I realize that with more skills it will improve, but the basic design is to waste player time and draw out the length of the game artificially. Every map is combat oriented with joke scattered around that have no actual value to the game. Fallout 1/2/(even 3/NV <shudder>) had a life, but it appears that the player is chasing the next apocalypse, as everywhere they go is combat and death. Combined with the weak combat system (little ammo requires hit locations - or else 3/4 team members need to be melee), and the walls of text (unvoiced) which appear to be completely skippable without consequence, the overall gestalt is of a game that is at least a year away from release. The crappy graphics were supposed to be offset by amazing gameplay, but without an overhaul to the current system, it will disappoint more than it pleases. It does have some interesting parts, do not get me wrong. It just needs a lot of work, and based on the haphazard communications coming from Brian and inExile, they seem to think the early areas are mostly finished. With bad occlusion culling, poor UI design, linear map design - where large parts of the flat terrain on a map (AG center at least) are explorable for no apparent reason, and very low poly meshes / low resolution textures, I can only wait to see what the mod tools allow us to do with whatever is eventually released.

My hope is that Brian gets the proper feedback and puts everything back into development. My expectation is that most of the budget has been paid out to full salaries instead of back-ending the contracts, and that they will just reach a point and just release whatever they have (which is what they claim they will not do now that they have gone from professionals back to Indie game makers - but many of the others KS backed games have done just that). :(

Last edited:
I've collected all character portraits (or at least most of them) from the beta resources. I think you will be able to use them as portraits for your own characters when the issue with that feature will be fixed. Enjoy!

Back