Wasteland 2 drive in the final 24 hours

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
Less than 24 hours remain on the Wasteland 2 drive as of this posting. Currently, Kickstarter and Paypal combined, we are over $2.75M. I have good hope the final spike will lift it over $3M. Keep on pledging, people!

I finally got around to pledging my $115 a couple of days ago. I hope this reaches $3mil.

I think it will. Kickstarter alone is already $2,699,273 right now.

I'm really hoping for them to him $3M. I believe that's where Fargo said he'd have a mod kit on release.

just tossed in my plegde.

just wondering if anyone knows, will the game be sent as a gift on steam when its done?

also hoping they take players new to the universe into account, was 4 years old when wasteland came out, not exactly an easy game to find an play nowadays.

FearMonkey said:
I'm really hoping for them to him $3M. I believe that's where Fargo said he'd have a mod kit on release.

IIRC, it wasn't on release, but resources would be dedicated to have one developed (or simply cleaned up for general use) after the game was finished.

The thing I asked myself the most in the past few days is how much money for the Wasteland 2 project did Brian Fargo ask of the publishers to begin with? If they had granted him the project, would he have received less or more than 3 million? If he asked them for less than that (and by the fact that the intro video on kickstarter gave the impression that he was quite desperate, I assume he did ask for less, not to mention that he originally wanted no more than $900k on kickstarter). So I can't help but wonder who would have brought in more money, a publisher or the fan community (never mind the publisher interference!).

I put my $250 in! I hope they keep in touch with the Pay-Pal people just as well as the Kickstarter people.

I finally got around to finding room in my budget for a big box edition. Don't tell the wife.

Back