Weeaboos vs Sinophiles: The Final Battle

well, from what i understand in tokyo-ben there are only like 105 sounds

when you include all dialects and the full 50,000 kanji they have ~129 sounds last i heard.

english has over 350, and some put it closer to 500, and once you add in all roman alphabets it goes over 800

kana = katakana + hiragana + kanji

theoretically katakana = hiragana sound-wise, its just different charecters to represent the same sounds that inherently provide alternate meaning ( foreign origin ).

which is still irrelevant, you still have to learn all 100+ symbols in each set of symbols. they may share the same sounds, but you still have to learn them.

and what let me figure it out:

sisko

and they would use a single charecter to represent si so they would use shi, whenever there is a solitary s, they use su most of the time, and co is almost always replaced with ko.

cisco = shisuko

i need to get back into learning the rest of the katakana, im proably at like 30-35 symbols still

Seriously, which is harder to learn (for you guys)? Chinese or Japanese? I met different people(Asian) with different opinion about learning Chinese or Japanese, some bitching about Japanese difficult to learn and also bitching about Chinese difficult to learn .How about Westerner? Do you guys find Chinese more difficult or Japanese more difficult to learn?

Back