We're the courier, but no package deliveries?

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Discussion' started by AlphaPromethean, Mar 28, 2020.

1. AlphaPromethean

AlphaPromethean Atomic Wrangler

Mar 16, 2013
    Other than the first portion of the main quest and Aba Daba Honeymoon, I was always disappointed that there were literally no quests for the Mojave Express. Anyone else think a courier subplot would have been fun and would have given more credence to the protagonist's title?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. Kadscaner

Kadscaner NMA’s only mutie

Feb 4, 2016
    i think after getting dragged into the conflict, 6 wouldn’t care that much about delivering packages anymore. Why be a poor delivery boy when you can take over the Mojave with your army of robots or favorite faction?

3. AlphaPromethean

Mar 16, 2013
    To be fair, why would he care about most of the sidequests in the game by that logic? It makes money.

4. KingArthur

KingArthur My Name Is Actually Arthur

Jun 25, 2018
    Remember though, Aba Daba Honeymoon wasn't so much courier work as it was drug running.

5. AlphaPromethean

Mar 16, 2013
    In the Mojave where laws regulating drugs haven't been a thing for over 200 years, I'd say that's just making a delivery.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. KingArthur

Jun 25, 2018
    Don't tell the NCR and Legion that.

7. plasticsoda

plasticsoda First time out of the vault

Mar 19, 2020
    There's a lot of fetch quests in the game so you are pretty much a courier throughout the whole game. Thinking about it, Mr. House threats you pretty much like his hired gun/courier on his quest line: Deliver the chip, Activate this, Activate that and so on but I would like some quests that could incentivize the player to explore more locations on the map, there is tons of content not tied to main storyline that you miss if you dont go out and explore

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. KingArthur

Jun 25, 2018
    Agreed, but then, it was like that in Fallout 1 and 2 as well. I never really stumbled upon entire questlines in 3 and 4; they were mostly handed to me there.

In 1,2, and NV, entire alternate storylines are found by exploring settlements. Hell, I'd never even entered North Vegas Square until last month. The fact that there's still so much content for me to find is nice, but as you said, I wish there were more tie-ins as well.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. Millim

Millim The Big Straight Orderite

Oct 13, 2010
    I always looked at it as you being roped into bigger things.
    You're in the middle of a big war between two factions with another faction trying to slide in, you think being the post man is the best thing right now?

Besides, you could always argue that this is just another job, I like to think that being a Courier in the Wasteland is just filled with you making it breaking entire communities

10. KingArthur

Jun 25, 2018
    That's reasonable, but at the same time, the same could be said of any side quest. It would just have been nice imho if there were minor, unmarked quests for deliveries and such.