What’s your ideal post-New Vegas game?

PaxVenire

Wasteland Peacemaker
A lot of people who write fan fiction whether on paper or in their heads come up with Fallout games set before New Vegas, probably because there’s massive gaps in time to fill in that also allows for more post-apocalyptic storytelling over post-post-apocalyptic like New Vegas, but also probably because everyone has an idea in their head over which New Vegas canon is best and solidifying one seems criminal after all this time.

But I’m interested, if there were to be a post-New Vegas game set in the West, what the community has colloquially dubbed “New Vegas 2” what would you like to see? And don’t worry about tiptoeing around New Vegas, let me know what ending you want to see canonized and how you’d advance the story.

Personally, I’d like to see a Mr. House ending canonized but also how it fails. I’m not against New Vegas collapsing and as a matter of fact think it can make for a great setting, but I’d want it to make sense. I’m not sure what the TV show has in store for us with S2, but the idea of New Vegas going under isn’t intrinsically bad imo. If Benny, the Legion, or NCR couldn’t kill the Courier, then the question is who can, to which I think it’d make sense for Mr. House himself to do so. Shower your lapdog with praise, wealth, luxury, and when he’s content, stab him in the back. Mr. House shows us in New Vegas that he has everything planned out to a T, and so it would have to be a real wild card thrown at him to shake his plans up. Perhaps a united Brotherhood war with him over his actions against the Mojave Chapter, perhaps a new antagonistic force all together, I don’t know as the thought all together is just a concept.

Another idea I could see being interesting is a game set in the Four Corners Commonwealth post-Van Buren where the Legion canonically lost Vegas and without Caesar or Lanius, is still kicking but can be severely exploited by you, the player. Perhaps another force can pose a significant threat to this newly humbled Legion such as a midwestern invasion force perhaps comprised of the Tactics rogue BOS and Enclave remnants marrying into one new faction or a completely new one from Texas.

There’s also the idea of a game set in Wyoming where the Great Khans and Followers of the Apocalypse can truly carve out an empire of their own in a canonized ending of New Vegas where the Courier convinces them to leave the Mojave and start their own prospects. I’ve seen a pretty interesting YouTube video about this as well as AtomicPostman’s PnP campaign setting involving this idea, but I also understand it’s not a popular concept for some.

These ideas are merely concepts and aren’t fleshed out and I’m sure holes can be picked apart, but this was mainly to give some ideas. What would you like to see from a continued story in the West?

Prequel. Not really interested in seeing the setting go forward after New Vegas. The Boneyard always struck me as the most interesting place to set a Fallout story between 1 and New Vegas, especially for a 3D game since you can have the dense urban ruins and real-life landmarks that all of the sickos out there love so much.

Prequel. Not really interested in seeing the setting go forward after New Vegas. The Boneyard always struck me as the most interesting place to set a Fallout story between 1 and New Vegas, especially for a 3D game since you can have the dense urban ruins and real-life landmarks that all of the sickos out there love so much.

The Boneyard would be cool and it’s surprising we haven’t gotten something set there sooner than the show, which call it Shady Sands. Perhaps if Bethesda’s original plans of making a West Coast sequel were realized over Washington D.C. we’d have gotten a game set in L.A. sooner than the show. Purely speculative though. As for not wanting to see a post-New Vegas setting, I used to be of this mindset but there’s still just so much that could be done with the setting that New Vegas acting as an ending to the originals is a bit dreary even if fitting.

The Boneyard would be cool and it’s surprising we haven’t gotten something set there sooner than the show, which call it Shady Sands. Perhaps if Bethesda’s original plans of making a West Coast sequel were realized over Washington D.C. we’d have gotten a game set in L.A. sooner than the show. Purely speculative though.
I do think I've heard tell of a pitch for a Fallout game after 3 - Maybe it even came from Tim Cain? - to have a 3d game set in the Boneyard where you're fighting hordes of ghouls, basically a zombie shooter. Which sounds like an awful idea to me.

I do think I've heard tell of a pitch for a Fallout game after 3 - Maybe it even came from Tim Cain? - to have a 3d game set in the Boneyard where you're fighting hordes of ghouls, basically a zombie shooter. Which sounds like an awful idea to me.

With the way the show is going, that sounds like it's still a possibility lmao. A Fallout Dead Rising. The show even gave us Zombrex lmao.

Back