What do you think of Todd Howard

Pretty Little Liar

3c5.jpg

Last edited:
Horribly terrible gamedesigner. If he also deals with management then also terrible manager. 76 years, I don't even...

Last edited:
I don't think Todd Howard is to blame for what Bethesda does to Fallout tbh. Obsidian said that he was really happy to go along with anything as there boss. This was good because it means we get an awesome game like New Vegas, however when dealing with the writing team for Fallout 3 and 4 its not a good quality.

He's a smart guy but he's just in it for the money.
"There were six of us at the time, right? The studio had gotten that small, and I was in charge of Morrowind, but by that time, once you get to that point, there was this element of no fear. What’s the worst that’s gonna happen? We could go out of business. Well, let’s go all in. This is the game. Let’s put all our chips on the table. This is the game people want from us, this is the game we wanna do." - Todd Howard​
This quote shows, Morrowind was good because they said "screw it" and they weren't in it for the money, they were going to go bankrupt either way so for once they put vision over profit and made something that they wanted, not what the big money wanted.

Personally I don't think much of him, he is damn lucky how his career and life turn out and the lifestyle he can afford.
But I don't find him a brilliant game designer or project lead and I suspected that sooner or later his career will decline when Bethesda's current customers move on to other games or interest or don't have time any more for gaming because of other priorities. (work for example)

One thing I have to say, there is something about his voice and appearance that for some reason really makes me want to reach out and throttle him.
I am not a violent person but somehow that impulse keeps coming up whenever I hear him.

One thing I have to say, there is something about his voice and appearance that for some reason really makes me want to reach out and throttle him.
I am not a violent person but somehow that impulse keeps coming up when I hear him.

He is kinda like the trope that was very popular in movies from the 80s. A little prick with a rich dad. For some reason he has always reminded me of that, thus my personal need to punch him.

Back