What exactly is next for Fallout?

someguy2000

First time out of the vault
After playing other Post-Apocalyptic games like Metro, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, The Last of Us, and The Walking dead I keep finding myself wondering how Fallout can TOP New Vegas. And with Bethesda saying very vague things about Fallout 4 and trolls knowing our weakness, We are only left to discuss among ourselves. First off lets discuss on How they can improve the gameplay. I along with other people hope they improve the skill system to be more like Skyrim where the more you use a skill, the more it improves. While yes the old system is a good thing that distinguishes the two games, They can still make leveling up in Fallout unique.
Another thing is immersion. The first Fallout games doing a good job on this by making you feel you were in a post apocalyptic America, from managing supplies to figuring out how to handle a situation. While 3 and New Vegas sort of did it, Supplies were easy to stack up and the choices seemed pretty obvious. (With the exception of the Tenpenny quest.) What do you guys think on what can be done to improve an already awesome game?
Also for a random Poll question: Should a Fallout game take place outside of America?

Well Feargus from Obsidian was talking about taking Fallout back to Los Angeles (last seen in Fallout 1) but I am not sure if the series should go back to previous regions as I am much interested in seeing the rest of post apocalypse Earth.
Of course the problem with the Bethesda model is that games tend to center around one major city and the direct surrounding, instead of state wide or multi state wide like in Fallout 1, 2, and the planned Van Buren.
I wish that was dropped.

But if it would have to be about that again I would choose Denver and nearby Boulder and Colorado Springs, the VB designers already had some ideas for that place, and I think it would make a good setting as there is a load of stuff present there that can be used such as NORAD.

The next Fallout will probably be a mish-mash of Fallout:Tactics' plot (and/or crossed with the Unity... and maybe even the Lieutenant ) ~but set in Boston. With androids and some cyborg take on the Master and Calculator as one epic villain out to take over the world.

*No... I am serious, until proven otherwise by committed press releases showing that it's not.

* Groan * Then Bethesda might as well turn the entire setting into a sandbox FPS and eliminate any traces of make pretend RPG. Why bother even giving people choices then?

Great I now feel really really depressed.

The next Fallout will probably be a mish-mash of Fallout:Tactics' plot (and/or crossed with the Unity... and maybe even the Lieutenant ) ~but set in Boston. With androids and some cyborg take on the Master and Calculator as one epic villain out to take over the world.

*No... I am serious, until proven otherwise by committed press releases showing that it's not.
I might have second thoughts on buying the next Fallout if this will be the plot for the next game.

The future for Fallout is to be a post-apocalyptic hiking simulator. Unless, I hope, Obsidian get another chance at Fallout.

In place of SPECIAL, the Fallout hiking simulator will use the "ALPINES" system. Instead of Charisma, it will have ... well, something that starts with "N."

-m

Back