What left the footprint in the desert?

Shattering Fast

First time out of the vault
You guys know what I'm talking about - that giant footprint that you randomly find in the desert in F1, with a pathetic, little peasant found squashed at its center.

What do you think left this print? Why is there only one? Did a giant, hopping monster leave it, and then proceed to make another giant footprint miles away? Any theories?

No, it'd be awesome now that we've got the FATMAN LOLOL.

:roll:

Well actually, it's an easter egg put in by the developers referencing the game's original plot. They were gonna use time travel and dinosaurs, but instead gave us the 100% less awkward awesomeness we know and love today. The footprint is just left behind as the ashes of a burnt out idea.

Godzilla could very well be a Post War mutant. I mean it would fit with the lore of Godzilla and with Fallout. I know it would be incredibly stupid if it actually happened, but not necessarily Lore breaking.

New Vegas was supposed to have Gojiro for a while...

I always thought the foot was Godzilla; but some do claim its a vestige from when Fallout was to have included time travel and Dinosaurs. Who knows for sure?

I think it's the Godzila reference; as has been mentioned.

Well actually, it's an easter egg put in by the developers referencing the game's original plot. They were gonna use time travel and dinosaurs, but instead gave us the 100% less awkward awesomeness we know and love today. The footprint is just left behind as the ashes of a burnt out idea.

It reminds me the plot for the game they never made, with the engine of Wasteland 1.

Your thinking of Meantime. Meantime was in no way some kind of predecessor to Fallout 2 that didn't make it. In fact, it had nothing to do with Fallout OR Wasteland, and because of rumors spread around in the 90's, people now associate Meantime with the Fallout universe. What it COULD be is a reference to meantime, but it has NOTHING to do with an original plot.

Back