Whats your gaming rig...

Finesse said:
Volkov said:
The 6800 Ultra is notorious for sucking up huge amounts of power.

Im getting one of those soon too... how good of a power supply do I need? My video card I have now said it needed on the website a 350w power supply, but really it needs 450w... those dumbasses

I've asked around on that. If you have a couple of hard drives, a couple of cd drives, and a decent motherboard and processor, you'd be safer with a powerful PSU. Try and find one with at least 25-30A on the 3v, 5v, and 12v rails. Try Antec PSUs, you should be able to find one like that for a reasonable price.

Volkov said:
I've asked around on that. If you have a couple of hard drives, a couple of cd drives, and a decent motherboard and processor, you'd be safer with a powerful PSU. Try and find one with at least 25-30A on the 3v, 5v, and 12v rails. Try Antec PSUs, you should be able to find one like that for a reasonable price.

I have to buy a psu because my 6600 gives me an warning everytime I start up my pc telling me that its slowed its performace for system stability because of lack of power... So im going to get one with the specifications you just supplied me with... thanx for the info :)

SuAcide said:
why would you want an ultra btw? a GT gives way better bang for buck.

Because there better :) I might just sell of my mb, cpu, video card to my brother and get a socket 939 system instead... with sli capabilty, better cpu core and speed, and 2 kickass pci-e video cards

but im saving my money right now and waiting until after this fall to buy new stuff... so by then prices could be alot different :)

do realise that SLI is pretty useless right about now, unless you want to stun people with your uberleetwtfpwnage benchmarks.

TRS-80 with RGB monitor. Fucking sweet, but when I'm on the road it's my KayProII.

I'd have to say my Radeon 9800, it hasn't let me down yet...except Empire Earth 2 but that game seems to lag with any machine as far as I know.

Well, I'm glad to say my gaming rig is finally up. The case is an Antec P160W which contains a Gigabyte GA-8GPNXP Duo motherboard (http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-8GPNXP Duo.htm) with 1 GB of Corsair XMS Extreme Speed series DDR PC3200 (2-2-2-5 Latency), a BFG 256 MB GeForce 6800 GT PCIX video card, 3.2 Intel P4 Prescott processor with HT and a 1 MB cache. The rest of the HW was cannibalized from the previous rig (a 2.4x DVDRW/CDRW made by Philips and an 80 GB Maxtor Diamond PATA HD). As soon as my dad finds another job and we can resume support our house together as opposed to me footing the bills, I'll get a flat panel and maybe a wireless mouse and keyboard (I need the space). Maybe a SATA drive in the future as well.

300mhz Celeron-A @ 450mhz
192 mb ram
creative SB16
WD 10 gb 5400 rpm hdd.
running Debian Testing 2.6 kernel

My gaming rig was recently fried by a power surge, possibly caused by a lightning strike. All I have left is that.

:(

Lots of changes
Processor: Pentium 3 750mghz
Ram: 512mb ddr
Graphics: ATI Radeon 7000 32mb
Hard drives: 3 40gb seagates, 13gb HD running on an ISA-USB adapter.
Other: DVD burner, floppy drive, power button, 2 USB ports, dell mouse, IBM keyboard from 1989, 13 inch monitor, Avanced Logic sound card, Windows 2000 SP4, Belkin network adapter, Gravis game pad

Luckily I have a $200+ paycheck coming on Tuesday with nothing to spend it on:)

[rant]please do realise the difference between PCI-E (motherboard designation) / PCX (graphics card designation) and PCI-X / PCIX.

the first two are pci express, the new interfaces used on the newer motherboards & graphics cards.

the last two are pci extended, which are used on workstations and servers. this is old technology.

even shops and some low quality review sites dont seem to realise their stupidity & it gets on my nerves...[/rant]

Here's what I run:

Silverstone Nimiz TJ03 "Temjin" Aluminum Server Case (Black)
PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 SLI
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD 64 3500+ Winchester, with a Zalman AlCu 7000B-LED cooling it (pretty!)
2x BFG 6800 GT OC PCI-Express in SLI (of course)
Western Digital 74 GB Raptor 10K RPM SATA HD
Seagate 160GB PATA HD (Soon to be replaced by an equivalent SATA)
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Generic Samsung CD/DVD-ROM
NEC 3520a DVD-RW
Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 Surround Sound speaker system
Viewsonic G220fb 21" Flat-screen CRT

I also keep two 160GB Western Digital External Backup drives on top of my case in case of data disaster (it's happened too many times before)

This is SO overkill for playing Fallout 2. =p But it's great for CSS.

Mine:

Processor: AMD XP 1800+ @ ~1523Mhz
RAM: 1024MB DDR PC3200
GFX Card: Geforce 6800 Ultra
HD1: 56GB
HD2: 186GB

The processor is a huge bottleneck and most of the graphics card is going to waste. I'm going to get a AMD 64 3400+ as soon as I get $400.

WOOT WOOT!
on tuesday Ill have $135
Im thinking of getting a128-256mb Graphics card. Is there any specific type that I should consider getting or staying away from?

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ ~2.01 Ghz (stock speed)
1 Gig DDR PC3200 RAM
Asus A8N-SLI (non-deluxe; can't justify the extra cost for a few more sockets)
Coolermaster Centurion case
120GB and 200GB drives (IDE/SATA respectively, both Western Digital)
Leadtek NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Extreme
Pioneer DVD burner
MEA Diamond View 17' Monitor
Other bits and pieces

Are you really interested in my crap? I'm mean, honestly? :lol:

Lazarus Plus said:
An Athlon 2500+ clocked to 3200+, on a Shuttle AN-35(N) 400 Ultra with 1 gig of 3200 DDR RAM, a RADEON 9700 Pro and an ok Philips Sound Card. HD space: 240 GB.

I use a Logitech MX 700 Wireless Duo for my mouse and keyboard.

It was good a few years ago... :p

Upgraded to an X800 Pro. My machine is more beastly now...

<glee>

Got a new one today.

Dell Optiplex
PIII 1.2 ghz
512mb ram
Seagate 120GB HD

Looking for a low profile video card.

Laptop:
Compaq contura 430c
100 mghz
8mb ram
Win 95
400mb HD

Let’s raise this post back from the dead,

Dell XPS 600

-Pentium D930 (3.0)
-2 GB DDR2 SDRAM 533 MHz
-Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
-2X Nvidia 7900 GTX (SLI)
-16X DVD-Rom / 16X DVD+/-RW double layer
-24 inch widescreen lcd

I will upgrade my processor and video cards (8800 or better) & switch to vista when crysis comes out.

Back