What's your poison?

My buddy gave me a taste of some alcohol beverage that had honey in it not so long ago. Made us think that it could be a good component in a drink that's a cure for a flu. Honey-liquer, some liquid garlic, some coffee, some herbs, etc. lol

The American regulatory trifecta of vice:
vices01.JPG

A lot of you seem to still enjoy sweet liquors. That dies off quite a bit after your mid-thirties, about the same time as most of your gut peptides.
I no longer have the stomach for sugary drinks. I still drink beer on occasion, usually social occasions involving food, but I have very pedestrian tastes.

Predominantly beer. I used to drink a fair amount of hardbar once upon a time, and I certainly do shots still these days - but overall it's mostly beer.

Beer is making my gut plump.

Videogames, mostly. Drinking is a bit expensive here, so I drink a beer once in a while. Also, I enjoy a cigar (a cuban one) sometimes when I can get if free from a friend. But most of the time I avoid drinks and smoking, trying to keep a healthy lifestyle: gym, martial arts, and recently started playing american football twice per week.

I tried Absinthe recently. It's good shit, though very strong and kinda stings on the way down.

for alcohol, my go-to is a B-52. 1 part khalua, 1 part bailies, 1 part grand mariner. love that shit. for more pedestrian i do rum and coke, normally captain morgans spiced rum.

for sodas, im generally a mtn dew, sometimes dr pepper, sometimes pepsi wild cherry, cherry coke, cherry coke zero, diet dr pepper cherry

Funny, I seem to collect poisons. Some pedestrian stuff like mercury and potassium cyanide, also a few things that'd make the neighborhood a Superfund site if the vials ever broke and someone found out.

Really, I drink copious amounts of the kind of coffee that'll put hair on your chest and smoke about a pack a day. I'd like to quit. Cigarettes, that is, never coffee. Othern' that, I have a pretty healthy lifestyle. Lots of veg, no fast food or soda pop. I go to the gym semi-regularly and do competitive canoeing when the weather allows. I'll sometimes have a couple of Redd's Apple Ales on a Friday night if I'm feelin' it.

Last edited:
I smoke as well, although not as much as some others. Three or four cigarettes a day, usually. To make up for that I tend to smoke these filterless bastards:
zsl-roth-haendle_29.jpg

Classic german cigarette brand, very dark tobacco. They have a bad reputation for being way too strong and harsh, but they're actually quite good. Nice spicy flavour, and thanks to regulations they're not actually stronger than other filtered cigarettes. You just get tobacco crumbs in your mouth all the time.
Added bonus: Because of the bad reputation nobody will ever bum a cigarette from you.

I smoke as well, although not as much as some others. Three or four cigarettes a day, usually. To make up for that I tend to smoke these filterless bastards:
Classic german cigarette brand, very dark tobacco. They have a bad reputation for being way too strong and harsh, but they're actually quite good. Nice spicy flavour, and thanks to regulations they're not actually stronger than other filtered cigarettes. You just get tobacco crumbs in your mouth all the time.

Grüße von Amerika! (My German is so rusty). I have never tried German cigarettes, but those sound like a good, strong flavor. Here, Lucky Strikes have a similar reputation. I bought a pack once and it lasted me over a week. One and done!

Heh, when I'm too lazy to go the store I usually smoke Lucky Strikes because they're in the vending machines. I switch a lot, but I tend to go back to Luckies. Although I like the Dark variety more, but they're also only available in kiosks anymore. Roth-Händle are apparently the last brand with actual german tobacco in them, or so I've heard. Lots of classic brands are being slashed.
At the kiosk at the nearest large train station I like to get filterless Luckies, they're great, too.

/edit: Grüße aus Amerika ;)

Last edited:
Lets see.
Beer for a hot summer day
Mead because its easy and cheap to make
Whiskey Ginger's for when its time to drink (hold the ginger if its good whiskey)
Scotch for when its time to socialize and drink slowly
And for relaxing well I have a prescription for a wonderful natural substance.
Pop Dr. Pepper is the nectar of the gods, but due to the reason I have my prescription I tend to stick nowadays to stuff without caramel colouring (so pretty much all dark pops) and go with Real Canadian Ginger Ale (also good to keep in the house for Whiskey Gingers)

I tried Absinthe recently. It's good shit, though very strong and kinda stings on the way down.

You're supposed to pour it 'through' sugar cubes to make it less bitter. Oh wait, you poor the diluting water through the cubes. Well anyway.

Last edited:
You can also pour the absinthe through the sugar cube and light it on fire.

Back