where can i get the 'Ranger combat armor'?

la19020102

First time out of the vault
the armor on the frontpage,where can i get it?i have been looking for it for hours,but no result.................

They said in a different thread that it appears after some time in the main quest. If you haven't touched the main quest at all, then you wont find it anywhere.

And I don't think you can buy it. Only NCR rangers carrie it around, so if you don't want to lose karma or rep with them, you have to prey to find a dead ranger to loot. Would have been cool if Luck determined that :mrgreen:

I sniper-killed one from as far away as possible. Then waited 24 hours, moved back to the corpse and took what he got.

It's better than the combat armor versions, but not as good as a power armor. Then again, power armor slows you down a bit, while the ranger combat armor does not.

If you can chose between the ranger combat armor and power armor, I would take the ranger combat armor. If you are a heavy guns dude, you might want to pick power armor instead, because of the +1 str bonus.

power armor slows you down a bit

Hmm, didn't notice. But, being a melee dude the +STR and extra DT seems helpful. It's a bit lame that the STR bonus is only +1.

As for the NCR variations, I'm still ways away from getting to see it, so...

I found it pretty lame the the only way to get the best and most badass looking NCR armor (not the mention it's pretty much New Vegas's poster boy) was to kill a ranger who had it, and the only start appearing at level 20 or so.
It should have naturally comes as part of the NCR main quest, IMO, but there is already a mod that fixes that. Well worth it, the armor is awesome looking and 20 DT is only 5 lower than t-51b.

I've also assumend you would get it at least as a quest reward, in my first playthrough. Very strange...

I found it pretty odd myself. Considering how prominent the armour is in the promotional material, there isn't even a proper character who wears it as far as i can tell. Every one of the Elite Rangers is just a generic man.

NCR Rangers are really underused as a faction in terms of quests etc.

Meh, there's to original combat armor in the game, that's just awesome :D
Ugly color, though.

Lexx said:
It's better than the combat armor versions, but not as good as a power armor

Hmmm? It has the same stats as Reinforced combat armor Mk II as far as I can see, though it weighs a bit more.

Ilosar said:
I found it pretty lame the the only way to get the best and most badass looking NCR armor (not the mention it's pretty much New Vegas's poster boy) was to kill a ranger who had it, and the only start appearing at level 20 or so.

Not exactly. At least, that's not how I got it.

Main quest right near the ending spoiler
[spoiler:9141abbe8a]I let the sniper in the presidential sequence take the shot, he takes out a ranger and I looted him. He still died, but at least I didn't have to kill him.

For some reason the outpost guy with 100 repair that I used for everything could only fix the armor, not the helmet[/spoiler:9141abbe8a]

Mhm, something is not right with the armor. It's true that the bodyarmor has the same protection as the ca mk2, but weights more, costs less and has less health. But the helmet instead has -1 DT compared to the ca mk2 helmet, but weights nothing.

To me this kind of looks like it's a bug or such. Can't really believe that this is correct.

Meh, don't know, don't care now. I just wear what looks good anyway...

Back