Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enclave Tesla Power Armour (Fo3)

• Midwestern Power Armour (FOT)

• Vault-Tec Power Armour (FOBOS)

• Total voters
Original Tb-51 Armor. Hell yeah. Its one of the most iconic images of the series. As a second place, Advanced Power Armor from Fallout 2. The mod made by Lexx for Fallout 3 show it and its gorgerous.

Bugger, I'm stuck between the T-51b or the Enclave Power Armour ala Fallout 2.
I love the T-51b for it's simple workhorse style look which they completely botched in Fallout 3 (most of it is completely wrong) and I like the F2 Enclave Power Armour for 80s feel it has as Fallout isn't purely retro 50s. The helmet just rocks.

If it's Fallout 3 armour then the Hellfire stuff... if it had decent arm guards as they are tiny compared to the legs which makes it look weird. However it does look more like power armour than the other armours in the game.

However I still prefer Fallout 1-2 combat armour to power armour :P

Public said:
UnidentifiedFlyingTard said:
I have dubbed the armor on the far right "Tard Armor".

You mean the piggy one? :P

I like the armour in Tactics, but it's not here, so I would go with the Enclave armour from FO2.
enclave200.jpg

This :)

In F3, like the Tribal Power Armour from The Pitt... I like the idea that Tribals found dead BoS and adapted and repaired the Armour.

Just one problem with that. There were no Tribals. Continuity doesn't seem to be their strong point.

Otherwise, original PA from F1, just for the sheer joy of finally getting hold of it.

Stealste said:
In F3, like the Tribal Power Armour from The Pitt... I like the idea that Tribals found dead BoS and adapted and repaired the Armour.

Just one problem with that. There were no Tribals. Continuity doesn't seem to be their strong point.

Well, there are Tribals (if you can call them that) in Point Lookout, but they don't seem able to create it (or travel the 250 miles to the Pitt).
Otherwise they would probably all be running around in it. :roll:

Maybe they got Crow to do it, the only tribal in the Capital Wasteland.

I can see where the t-45d would be cool but it has so many design problems. The feet are too small, the knee protector's aren't attached to the knees and the shoulder pads look more suited to plate mail than power armour. Oh and the helmet is way too big. I do like the chest piece, gauntlets and helmet design though.

I suppose the biggest problem I have with it is where did it come from? Who makes it and how? They are equipping pretty much every BoS member with it (rather than in F1 and 2 where BoS used combat armour and metal armour) so they must have tons of suits but we don't see any tech shops or facilities.
Damn you continuity!

According to Operation Anchorage, the entire mission to liberate Alaska and they could only allocate about 6 guys in power armour for the assault. You'd have assumed power armour would have been in short supply even at the height of the U.S. power.

Enclave armor from Fallout 2.

I love the FO1 BOS power Armor, but the ADV:PA is plain cool.
8-)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4w8bd0JZlY[/youtube]

Voted for the classic as it really makes you feel like a tank. Although Tribal Power armor & Hellfire armor (both from FO3) also looks quite good.

Am I the only one who liked the design of the Advanced Power armor from fallout 2?

It made you look menacing as all hell. Perfect for a vault city raid.

I thought that pitt raiders made the "tribal"(i thought that it was just a title) armour in an ode 2 their living 'God' (Dyaus-Pater/Deus-Vader) Ashur, 2 the armour he clad himself in? in that context it seems rally kick arse in that regard. but the reindeer horns on the tactics Power armour is very kewl...but i totally dig anime,or at least i used to in when was in middle school..lol

Stealste said:
According to Operation Anchorage, the entire mission to liberate Alaska and they could only allocate about 6 guys in power armour for the assault. You'd have assumed power armour would have been in short supply even at the height of the U.S. power.

True, true.
Although the explanation for this could be found in history.
Otherwise, I am completely wrong.

Let's take a look at weapons, I'm starting with sidearms.

Beretta 9mm replaced the Colt 1911 which replaced the .38 SI revolver which replaced the Colt SAA.
You don't see any soldiers walking around with .38's, and granted, some do still carry 1911's, but it's only because the 1911 is a tried and true weapon, despite it's magazine size which is less than half of the Beretta.
The thing is, the 1911 replaced the .38 Standard Issue revolver because it is a more efficient weapon.

Moving on to aircraft.
Satellites replaced the SR-71 which replaced the U-2.

Don't get me wrong, the U-2 is a extraordinary piece of technology, however, the SR-71 is a more advanced piece of equipment, boasting a higher service ceiling and a higher top speed.
Satellites are quite amazing from a technological standpoint, say you're reading a book waiting for the bus or something. A satellite picture could be so clear that whoever was operating the satellite would know what page you're on.

How does this relate to power armour?

T-45 was replaced by T-51, as it is a superior model. You have to remember the storyline, however. Anchorage wasn't the only place PA was being used. It was also being used in Canada, in the U.S., as well as China, so one would be compelled to admit that there were hundreds, possibly thousands, of PA units across the globe at the time in which fire and brimstone rained down upon humanity.

I'm going to get corrected, and I possibly contradicted myself in this post.
Do what you will, any criticism for this post will be noted.

Oh, and as for me, I like the T-45/47 armour models.

Back