Why Cyberpunk 2077 was so disappointing

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by CT Phipps, Jul 11, 2021.

1. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Sep 17, 2016
    Which is by itself a very cyberpunk idea. :)

2. Millim

Millim Half-way Through My Half-life
    Orderite

Oct 13, 2010
    CDR tanked Poland's economy.

Now that's punk

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  3. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    I think part of the issue is that it also incorporates elements without thinking them through. For example, the vast majority of busy work you do in the game is killing criminals for the police. Which is a bit of a narrative burp because the police are scum in cyberpunk games unless they're Robocop and you are a criminal yourself.

You can use a Pax mod to NOT kill everyone you meet but that doesn't effect anything.

This is a rare game where a honor system might have helped make it feel like you were doing something useful.

4. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    A really good explanation of what went wrong:

5. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Music is good tho, I really disliked the game butbI have the OST on my music shuffle.

6. denchikchyb

denchikchyb First time out of the vault

Oct 14, 2021
    The game has a disgusting and uninteresting storyline, which is also very poorly presented. From the very beginning you are bombarded with a huge amount of information. At first you can't even understand who all these people are and why there are so many characters. But once you get through the prologue, you realize that it was still okay.