Why Cyberpunk 2077 was so disappointing

I think part of the issue is that it also incorporates elements without thinking them through. For example, the vast majority of busy work you do in the game is killing criminals for the police. Which is a bit of a narrative burp because the police are scum in cyberpunk games unless they're Robocop and you are a criminal yourself.

You can use a Pax mod to NOT kill everyone you meet but that doesn't effect anything.

This is a rare game where a honor system might have helped make it feel like you were doing something useful.

The game has a disgusting and uninteresting storyline, which is also very poorly presented. From the very beginning you are bombarded with a huge amount of information. At first you can't even understand who all these people are and why there are so many characters. But once you get through the prologue, you realize that it was still okay.

I am genuinely surprised at the changes I've seen:

* Apartment customization. I chose hot pink.

* 4 new apartments to buy, two crappy ones and two very nice ones.

* Completing a Fixer's quests gets you a personalized farewell and gift for doing so.

* You can now control what appears on your map

* You can now refuse phone calls

* You can now skip the tutorial braindance of Judy's

* Driving has been overhauled so its not complete ass. You can now do doughnuts.

* You have headlights on your motorcycle at night and Tron Lines on the rims

* The crowds no longer spawn clones.

* The crowds now have varied reactivity including some people pulling guns, others fleeing, and
huddling.

* The water physics actually exist now with ripples and pools and splashes.

* The timer is changed so you know what the time is you're going to.

* You can now customize V at the mirrors at your apartment to any way you like.

* The knife throwing attack is now as many as you want and no longer broken with new animations.

* They added makeup and other style options for V in customization, including lipstick.

* You actually get naked when you take a shower.

* You get buffs for sleeping and showering.

* Watching the TV shows is now much easier and more investing

* There's various activities at your apartments like making yourself coffee, playing pool, playing the
guitar

* Johnny Silverhand photo mode (I mean...sure)

* You can now have more texts with your dates and romance moments like waking up next to them in
your bed.

* You actually sleep in your bed like a normal human being with your head on one end and feet on the
other.

* The Skill Tree has been overhauled to have less useless options like being undectable under water.

* Enemy health has been rebalanced as have weapons to be more challenging but also easier in some cases (The final boxing match)

* They removed the exploits where you could use a weapon in the boxing matches

* Crafting has been rebalanced.

* PS5 and Xbox S include a lot more graphics upgrades.

* They've added dozens of jackets so because why not.
Author of Agent G, Cthulhu Armageddon, Lucifer's Star, I was a Teenage Weredeer, and The Rules of Supervillainy

Looks like an interesting update. I haven't finished the game yet but I was enjoying the time I had with a few mods for extra cosmetic cyberware. I may give it another update while I wait for the big map in Total Warhammer 3 to come out.

Well I lost all of my saves from my PS4, so I'm not replaying the game on a PS5.

Almost (but not completely) bug free now.

Back