Why Does Bethesda Make Fallout Games So Buggy?

They're a typical modern AAA dev.

Which one doesn't make buggy games?
Naughtydog. Say what you want but their games are incredibly polished. Never encountered a glitch in any of there games and I've been playing their games since the original crash bandicoot trilogy on the psx...

Naughtydog. Say what you want but their games are incredibly polished. Never encountered a glitch in any of there games and I've been playing their games since the original crash bandicoot trilogy on the psx...
The Uncharted franchise is FULL of bugs.

Then how come their fallout games look so shit?
Bad engine and shitty tech department, mostly. Their art direction is pretty damn good, hands down. While Fallout 4 managed to drop the ball in that department as well (architecture was ok, but weapons and armour looked like shit), their style is good and they nailed the look (although they did go too 50's at times).

Fallout 4's fuck-awful lighting engine and textures ruin it for me.

I'm sure if you tack enough shit to it, it'd look nice, but vanilla? Fucking ugly.

When STALKER, a drunk ukranian game looks nicer, you've fucked up.

Then how come their fallout games look so shit?
latest

latest

3dp_fallout4_robotinternals_3dmodel-e1445974591345.jpg

This looks okay to me

Fallout 4's fuck-awful lighting engine and textures ruin it for me.
I can deal with all manner of lighting and textures, because they ALWAYS get replaced. modifiable game developers should never put too much effort into that. just enough to be worked with. for me anyway.
Oblivion now
45483-2-1421611464.jpg

Oblivion 2004
25377-3-1245883854.JPG

Just as an example. Oblivion came with Parallax built in, so the graphics will only get better as time goes on. Fallout 4 is a bad shooter pretending to have RPG. That's what ruined it for me.

I can deal with all manner of lighting and textures, because they ALWAYS get replaced. modifiable game developers should never put too much effort into that. just enough to be worked with. for me anyway.
Oblivion now
45483-2-1421611464.jpg

Oblivion 2004
25377-3-1245883854.JPG

Just as an example. Oblivion came with Parallax built in, so the graphics will only get better as time goes on. Fallout 4 is a bad shooter pretending to have RPG. That's what ruined it for me.

I think that requireing games to have mods to look presentable is silly. ;\

I paid my 100 dollars, I want 100 dollars of filthy delicious graphics.

Back