Will Mutants take over DC?

Quagmire69

Look, Ma! Two Heads!
I base this question on the fact that so many character from Fallout 3 have suggested that humans are losing the battle of survival to the muties. Those include: several members of Lyons Brotherhood, the Outcast, Eden, various wastelanders. Your thoughts?

Well if they don't rediscover farming soon they are gonna die anyways. And the Mutants even fi they take over would die off too when the canned food runs out.

No, the NCR will take it over after a long battle with the Brotherhood of Steel using pulse guns powered by potatoes from the NCR Sharecropper Farms. Then they will rename it NCRDC

Ben said:
No, the NCR will take it over after a long battle with the Brotherhood of Steel using pulse guns powered by potatoes from the NCR Sharecropper Farms. Then they will rename it NCRDC

Potatoes? Nah, Punga fruit.

830px-Punga_Experiment.png

I was thinking more "Across from California, District of Colombia" or AC, DC.

But really, super mutants seem to be pretty carnivorous, even cannibalistic. Many super mutant camps have gore bags, which contain mutilated limbs, suggesting that they eat some of the humans that they don't send to Vault 87 for FEV dipping.

The question is whether they can really prosper in their environment. They seem to rely on humans for new mutants, so eating them isn't a productive action, and it's likely that they lose many more super mutants than would gain in most raids.

The only way the Super Mutants can really prosper is to get a new source of humans for FEV, a new source of FEV for themselves (there's a conversation that they're running out of the "Green Stuff") and with the prediliction towards armed warriors fighting with them, things are looking grim for the Super mutants.

So no, it's not likely they'll take over.

Oh and by mutants I mean all mutated creatureds, this includes ghouls. I think what happens would largely depend on the players actions. Like if they helped Roy Phillips, or blew up megaton, wether they helped out big town. Humanity could be limited to just the Brotherhood and Rivet City(no little lamp light doe'nt count).

SUpermutants aren't a threat. They've been around since 2087, so if they weren't able to conquer the wastes for 190 years, doubtful they're going to for the next century.

A community only really advances by teamwork and agriculture, mutants simply pummel everything in their way and don't really work together. Oh yeah, and the fact that they're as smart as Lenny Small?

If the mutants were like Marcus they might stand a chance. Right now they are doomed to die.

Quagmire69 said:
Oh and by mutants I mean all mutated creatureds, this includes ghouls. I think what happens would largely depend on the players actions. Like if they helped Roy Phillips, or blew up megaton, wether they helped out big town. Humanity could be limited to just the Brotherhood and Rivet City(no little lamp light doe'nt count).

Oh yes, I'm sure a coalition of super mutants, ghouls, Troglodytes, and mirelurks would work efficiently and effectively.

Ghouls (non feral ones) are just humans, they still think like every human out there.
Supermutants in DC are other thing.
Also, the only mutants which actually try to conquer DC (with no apparent reason) are supermutants. The only ghouls I saw which wanted to conquer some territory was the ones who wanted Tenpenny Tower, and they only want to be allowed in, there is actually a peaceful solution to that quest. Or almost at least.

Back