WIP Wasteland 2 screenshot coming next week

Beelzebud said:
Two reasons not to <strike>blindly</strike> hate Bethesda

Sorry, I'm also jumping onto this derailed train:
I agree. New Vegas was worth it, since(with hindsight) we know we got more from the Fallout universe.
Did Bethesda have to buy the license? No. Did the have to screw over Obsidian by withholding royalty payments over such a narrow shortcoming on the metacritic scores? Nope, jerks.
But really - what would Obsidian be now if they'd never had the chance to work on New Vegas? Stronger? Perhaps. Weaker? Maybe. What would've happened if Bethesda pulled the project half way through development(à la what Microsoft was rumored to have done)? What if Troika got the license? We can say the third Fallout would've been great, but we don't know that. Troika may have still collapsed, anyway. Basically, I'm thankful for the existence of New Vegas.

Off the broken record topic, I'm excited for a non-concept-art picture. I don't mind if it looks like a kindergartner made some models and applied MS Paint textures to it, I want something from Unity engine stuff.

aenemic said:
it's been a week. where's the screenshot? :?

EDIT:
Yes the alpha screen will go up tomorrow. I'm just writing up editorial on it. I gave sneak to guy at unity and he said "f@$king awesome"
This was posted approximately 13 hours ago on his twitter account. There you go.

Back